The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Any of you lads going to Exeter tonight? Only a two hour trip for me so can't wait!

Any of you lads going to Exeter tonight? Only a two hour trip for me so can't wait!
unfortunately i couldn't get tickets as i have been on holiday for last 2 weeks and sold out now :(
at least its on tv and should be a good game. any idea if you will be playing reserves or first team???
enjoy our away terrace-premier league quality(blue square) :P

Alberto Aquilani's transfer to Milan:

Official terms:
-first year loan free
-Milan pay 2.5m of his wages, liverpool pay 1.5m.
-Option to buy for 6m spread over 3 years
-2.5m/year contract if purchased.
-Mandatory purchase if he makes 25 appearances
-Payment starts on June 2012
-Aquilani will arrive in Milan on Wednesday night. He will undergo a medical on Thursday morning and sign a contract with the club. He will then join Allegri and team for afternoon training.

Copied from Milan forum. So guess agreed fee is 6 Million Euros..

If we sell Aquilani I'll be a little bit annoyed with Kenny.

Him and Mereiles are quite clearly better than Henderson, and I'd rather rotate those two than Henderson/Mereiles.

I rate Aquilani so I'm happy to take him for around 6 mil. Decent replacement after Pirlo left :)

I do feel he should have been given a better go at Liverpool though!

unfortunately i couldn't get tickets as i have been on holiday for last 2 weeks and sold out now

at least its on tv and should be a good game. any idea if you will be playing reserves or first team???
enjoy our away terrace-premier league quality(blue square) :P

Oh unlucky!

Yeah that's true, kinda wish that I just stayed at home and watched it on telly now!! I think it'll be a mix of youth/ressies/firsts tbh...

And I've heard it's a terrible away end!

Oh unlucky!

Yeah that's true, kinda wish that I just stayed at home and watched it on telly now!! I think it'll be a mix of youth/ressies/firsts tbh...

And I've heard it's a terrible away end!
would much rather be at game tbh but at least im not missing out completely. away end is just a small uncovered terrace so its hard to make any noise and you get wet if it rains ;)
its getting redeveloped soon along with the old grandstand as they are both rubbish but at least the 'big bank' is good :)
hope you enjoy game but not too much

Pacheco has signed for Atletico Madrid and they have loaned him to Rayo Vallecano.

Liverpool fan posted that. Any truth in it?

If we sell Aquilani I'll be a little bit annoyed with Kenny.

Him and Mereiles are quite clearly better than Henderson, and I'd rather rotate those two than Henderson/Mereiles.

FUBAR imo.

If he's good enough to play for Italy we should be selling him instead of faffing around with loans - or keeping him, inspite of his wife pressurising him to move bach home (even if she is a babe).

Last edited:
Any of you lads going to Exeter tonight? Only a two hour trip for me so can't wait![/QUOTE]

Wait until you see their away end. And the toilets. And the food they have on offer. Then you might think twice. ;)

Pacheco has signed for Atletico Madrid and they have loaned him to Rayo Vallecano.

Liverpool fan posted that. Any truth in it?
Er, no, he's gone on LOAN to Atletico Madrid.
LINK
Seems like Coates is coming though I'll believe it when I see it. Hope he does though, would make Manure wish they had bought him instead of Jones!

The executive committee of National Coates approved the sale of Liverpool. The offer from Man City never came.

Grab your Coates, we've pulled.

FourFourTom FourFourTom

Argh, its a really confusing rule. I think the rule states Arsenal would play in the EL and Liverpool in the CL - but that's surely not fair

AnnieEaves Annie Eaves

Reading tweets from different sources saying that Liverpool could get into CL as Fenerbache been pulled out. Highest ranked team not in.

If Arsenal fail to qualify tonight, they will take Fenerbaçhe's place. If Arsenal qualify, Liverpool will be the highest ranked team not in the Champions League. So if UEFA follow their rules, yet allow England to have 5 teams in CL, Liverpool will be given a spot.

that right?

To clear this up, I fully expect the place to be given to the team in Turkey that just missed out on CL and give their Europa place to the team that finished just outside the European spots. We cant have 5 English teams in the CL as there was a rule amended about that after the 2005 season.

An alternative is if Udenise win Arsenal will be allowed in and vice versa. Dont see any chance of us making Europe and frankly dont want us to. We should focus on the league this season

Haldenator Jamie Halden by Fourth_Official

The highest ranked country by coef to have their league champions go out at QR4, so Copenhagen is who it would be this year if they go out.

Lots of confusion over this.

Surely a Turkish team should get it, seems more fair than just giving it to Liverpool or Arsenal randomly.. Would much rather see a Turkish team get the spot, if Arsenal get it then bullshit, if we get it then wtf..

Let me clear it up, the highest ranked country who's CHAMPIONS get eliminated in these 4th round qualifying games will get the spot.

Even if Kobenhavn/Bate somehow win tonight Haifa are guaranteed it.

Part of Platini's master plan to get as many country's/Country's champions in UCL.

Only effect Arsenal losing to Udinese has is AC Milan take AFC's spot in pot 1 for tomorrow's draw and Udinese go in pot 4.

Don't know how people think Liverpool go through having the highest co-ef in Europe out of teams in England not in the UCL.

Back