The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Occupado!

Kuyt and Kelly ftw.

Use Kuyt how United use Park, as a defensive winger against the big teams. His ability to cross & dribble (or lack of) could cost us, especially with Carroll in the box.

But Kuyt is our saviour in a lot of our games. He chips in with a goal every few games and the RB is allowed to experiment with him.

Would hate to see him turn into our Park.

but what's the point in having a target man like Carroll if we have a winger who can't cross?

Kuyt's a striker anyway.

Kuyt is a defensive striker - he is better used on the right for us - as we have such attacking full backs.

And for Carroll, we will [hopefully] have a new LW for his service. Kuyt has been probably our most consistent player over years, he very rarely puts in a bad game.

Players Supporting Liverpool :

Rio Ferdinand - English, plays for Manchester united.
Rio grew up idolizing John Barnes. The Liverpool influence came about due to the majority of his friends supporting Liverpool. Rio once told MUTV, his club's official TV channel that ''As a kid, Liverpool was the team that were doing well, with the likes of John Barnes and John Aldridge, and United weren't really winning anything.''
John O'Shea - Irish, plays for Manchester united.
John supported Liverpool when he was growing up. He is admired at his current club, even though it is widely acknowledged amongst united fans that O'Shea grew up supporting Liverpool.
Ole Gunnar Solksjaer - Norwegian, used to play for Manchester united.
Ole grew up supporting Liverpool, but he jumped ship as he signed with Manchester united in July 1996.

LMAO! Most of them are Man Utd players XD

Rio scored superb striker's goal against Liverpool.
O'shea broke Scouser's hearts with 90th min winner
Solskjaer's goal put Liverpool out of the FA cup.

Superb coincidence. XD

Gerrard and Carragher on Hodgson.
SG: He's such a good guy and a fantastic coach - it just didn't work out for him at Liverpool. The players didn't perform consistently for him. Us as players maybe have to take responsibility. It's not acceptable for Liverpool to be outside the European positions and you can't just point the finger at the manager - we have to look at ourselves.

JC: We finished seventh the year before and that's why Rafa went. We also lost Mascherano, who was a big player for us. You take one of the best players out of a team that's finished seventh. We're trying to build Liverpool back up but sometimes as a group we're not good enough. That's why players have been brought in this January, and it looks good with Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez and the new owners.

One the fans not taking to Roy Hodgson...
SG: I think it's more that they idolise Kenny Dalglish and when a decision was made that Rafa was going to leave, there was a lot of speculation. Rijkaard and Deschamps were linked but the two front runners were Dalglish or Hodgson - and the fans absolutely love Kenny. Every time there were a couple of bad results or maybe the tactics were slightly wrong or we went a goal behind, the fans were getting on the manager's back.

Carroll warned over drinking

Liverpool striker Andy Carroll's career will stall if he does not curb his drinking habits, according to England boss Fabio Capello.

Capello has held private talks on the subject with Carroll, who will make his second England start in Tuesday's friendly with Ghana at Wembley.
Although Carroll has enjoyed a meteoric rise this season, earning a £35 million move to Anfield in January, his private life has come under scrutiny.
The 22-year-old has been caught up in a string of alcohol-fuelled bust-ups, and was fined £1,000 by former club Newcastle in October following a nightclub fight.
"Look, he's young. Really young," Capello said. "But his behaviour now is really important. He needs to be careful at every moment. When you play with England you are the focus of the fans, the newspapers, the photographers, the people who live around you.
"I spoke with him privately. I think not only Andy likes to drink beer. He's strong. He's a good forward. But he needs to improve, to drink less."

Source : ESPNSoccernet

Tbh, i don't know what to make of this. He's a fine player, but drinking? I mean yeah he's still young, but he's also a proffesional football player.

Your opinions?

Good one Carroll, and Capello being a ****** as usual, being too strict. We don't need another Houllier to stop our players from maximising their potential.

As long as it's not the night before a game, I couldn't really care.

lb and wingers needed

dead weight to go

summer transfers shaping up to be a excting one for lfc hopefully

1437 BST: Reports in France suggest that Liverpool have won the race to sign highly rated winger Sylvain Marveaux from Rennes this summer. The 24-year-old is out of contract at the end of the season.
Full story: caughtoffside.com

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Well we know Lucas will be are DMF for the next few years after his new contract. So I doubt were getting M'Villa.

Injury-hit Gerrard out for season

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has been ruled out for the rest of the season through injury.

The England midfielder returned to training a week ago after a groin operation in early March but sustained a similar problem last Friday.
The 30-year-old has spent the week undergoing assessment and manager Kenny Dalglish confirmed the worst at the club's Melwood training ground.
"We still don't know definitively what the problem is," Dalglish said.
"We will wait to get a precise answer from the people that he has to see but he won't be involved again this season."
Source: BBC Sport
This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.
Author: BBC Sport
Tagged: mediawatch

Another version of the story here : Stevie to miss rest of season - Liverpool FC

So... Both Agger and Stevie out. Could it get any worse?

Reds Announce Norway Friendly

Liverpool today announced they are to play a pre-season friendly against Valerenga in Norway this summer.

The game will be played in the national Ullevaal Stadium at 6pm (UK time) on August 1.
The news follows an announcement on Thursday that Liverpool would tour Asia in July for games in China, Malaysia and Korea.
Liverpool last played Valerenga in 2008, prevailing 4-1 in a pre-season friendly.
The club's manager, Martin Andresen, said: "Even though it is a friendly match, it is an important match for Valerenga. We get a good test against an opponent that plays in one of the best leagues in the world, and that will help develop Valerenga further.
"We are very happy with this game and we're looking forward to playing in a sold-out stadium."
Liverpool have a strong support in Norway.
Pal Moller from the LFC Supporters Club Scandinavian Branch said: "We really appreciate that Liverpool comes to Norway to play for all the Norwegian supporters.
"This is an important match in Liverpool's pre-season. They get an opportunity to test out the squad and to get a feeling of playing in a sold-out venue. I know the club looks forward to the match."
valerenga_263x268.jpg

Any Valerenga Fans here?

Agger should just be sold now while he's still young. Real shame.

Hate to say it, but his injury record is leading me to think the same. Such a fantastic ball-playing defender when fit (the difference he makes when he plays is immense) but he just can't stay fit.

Limping to the end of the season now. Last summer screwed us over in a huge way. Major, major work now needed in the summer and I've no idea how they're going to shift on some of the players bought/signed to contracts last summer to clear space on the wage bill.

That Marveaux seems like a decent player. But he too is made of glass.

Hate to say it, but his injury record is leading me to think the same. Such a fantastic ball-playing defender when fit (the difference he makes when he plays is immense) but he just can't stay fit.

Limping to the end of the season now. Last summer screwed us over in a huge way. Major, major work now needed in the summer and I've no idea how they're going to shift on some of the players bought/signed to contracts last summer to clear space on the wage bill.

That Marveaux seems like a decent player. But he too is made of glass.

Even Though i'm a dane, and i'd love Agger to stay at Liverpool. I think they should sell him. They can get a good deal for him, as he's still young, and a great defender when he's fit. He's clearly our best defender, but he just can't stay injury clear.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Same with Poulsen. Get rid of him. Although i really hate that guy XD

I don't hate Poulsen. He's never given less than 100%. He should never have been signed. He should certainly not have cost 5m. But he is what he is, who am I to argue with the great footballing mind of Roy Hodgson? Don't get me started on Joe Cole though...

Enrique set for Anfield

Jose Enrique is set to follow Andy Carroll from Newcastle to Liverpool after Reds legend Phil Thompson revealed a deal had been done for the full-back.

Enrique, 25, has been linked with several big European clubs after impressing for the Magpies but it appears Liverpool have won the race for the £15million-rated defender.
Thompson, a friend of Anfield manager Kenny Dalglish, told TV2 in Norway: "From what I've heard, yes the deal has been done and he will come to Liverpool.
"It'll be interesting because he's done very well. He had a difficult first season coming into the Premier League a couple of years ago but he really understands the game now.
"He's one of those full backs who is good going forward but he's also a good defender and I think that is the main thing."
Spaniard Enrique joined Newcastle for £6.3m from Villarreal in 2007 and signed a five-year deal.
Liverpool paid Newcastle £35m for England striker Andy Carroll in January.

Never really seen him play. Is he any good?

NESN writes the same news, so it could be true.

Back