The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Here you are lads, just seen this posted on Twitter:

"CL rules 2.10. 'A club which is not admitted to the competition is replaced by next best-placed club in same association'."

Hope that helps a little!

But what association is it? The Turkish Association, the European Association? Still a bit cloudy.

I think it means the national association. Therefore being Turkey, and furthermore allowing Bursaspor a route to the Champions League spot in theory? I am just as clueless as you to be honest mate!

Bursaspor still have a corruption/fixing investigation hanging over them (Like half the league).

UEFA wouldn't want a situation 1 month down the line where they have to expel Bursaspor for corruption.

Also I doubt there is any impetus to shift a team from Europa League to the Champions League.

Just can't see them going with next placed in the Turkish league given the state it's in. More likely to suspend Turkish entries to UCL for this season and re assess next summer.

Bursaspor still have a corruption/fixing investigation hanging over them (Like half the league).

UEFA wouldn't want a situation 1 month down the line where they have to expel Bursaspor for corruption.

Also I doubt there is any impetus to shift a team from Europa League to the Champions League.

Just can't see them going with next placed in the Turkish league given the state it's in. More likely to suspend Turkish entries to UCL for this season and re assess next summer.

Would have to agree, this situation sounds far more likely. With Liverpool having no possible route to the UCL, I think that both Arsenal and Udinese are garunteed group stage at this point. Unless anybody else has any more ideas!? I don't even know why I'm in the Liverpool thread when I support Southampton anyway! :D

Just checked wikipedia cus I was reading up on the Turkish Sports Corruption thing, somebody has changed it to Trabzonspor in the CL. Feel free to say "it's just wiki" but it makes more sense than some of the **** people are saying..

It's also popping up on a few news sites like yahoo, but yeah not known for reliability, makes sense though.

Last edited:
Just checked wikipedia cus I was reading up on the Turkish Sports Corruption thing, somebody has changed it to Trabzonspor in the CL. Feel free to say "it's just wiki" but it makes more sense than some of the **** people are saying..

It's also popping up on a few news sites like yahoo, but yeah not known for reliability, makes sense though.

yeah its on SS website as well :)

i made it to game in the end and well done for going through to next round but surprised you played such a strong lineup!!
also looks like all your fans got drenched in the open top away end lol

I walked into this thread really excited as I saw the CL posts... Then cried a little.

Then remembered being at my desk at work is a much better place to be than the away terrace last night. I got ******* drenched.

Also God help defenders
Adam taking the corners to Carroll/Coates/Kuyt, Suarez going short and Gerrard on the edge of the box...

Is coates a defo then? Suarez is looking quality, hope we can win the league cup especially as Kenny is taking it seriously :D

Also God help defenders
Adam taking the corners to Carroll/Coates/Kuyt, Suarez going short and Gerrard on the edge of the box...

hahaha thats a scary thought :D

I'm hoping Liverpool get back to the top, i have nothing but admiration for that club... not to mention cant stand the devils

Is coates a defo then? Suarez is looking quality, hope we can win the league cup especially as Kenny is taking it seriously :D

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"]Sebastian Coates said goodbye Wednesday afternoon by their colleagues in the Grand Central Park. Coates will travel Thursday morning for England to close the pass and have the medical evidence. Coates had his last workout in the park and was cheered by all
[email protected]

Sebastian Coates had his last practice, at least for a while, with the national squad on Wednesday afternoon at the Grand Central Park. Seba was cheered and greeted by all his colleagues and each member of the coaching staff and officials of the Park. The player spoke to the Club's Communications Department to let all our fans the following message:

"Too many memories. The biggest memory is the first time you get to Central Park when he was 11. I have been through a lot within the institution and are all fond memories."

And added: "With the fans I have only words of thanks. Conmigo always behaved 10, in difficult moments of my career, they were always supporting me. But I'll wear the shirt again and I look forward to National's support when that happens "

The fact that all the bags we know that Sheba will fare as it deserves, as demonstrated in the Uruguayan.

Again the process Tri-years of work has a name: Sebastian Coates. A boy in our house, a man of Uruguayan football. [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

From Nacional website.

Back