The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
But yeah, he's totally ****.

No need to get so defensive, CJ just said he wouldn't say he was much better than Scezney, and on current form that could be true, with that being a compliment to both keepers.

Wouldn't say Reina is much or at all better than Szezney. And I think the blokes a *****, but thats another matter.

5 golden gloves since he joined would say differently. With pretty average back lines in-front of him..

5 golden gloves since he joined would say differently. With pretty average back lines in-front of him..

He's complimenting Szczesny rather than calling Reina ****, I think.

Wouldn't say Reina is much or at all better than Szezney. And I think the blokes a *****, but thats another matter.

Reina: UEFA Intertoto Cup: 2003, 2004
UEFA Super Cup: 2005
FA Cup 2006
FA Community Shield: 2006
UEFA Champions League: 2007 Runner Up
UEFA U-16 Championship: 1999
UEFA European Championship: 2008
FIFA World Cup: 2010
Barclays Golden Glove: 2005/06; 2006/07; 2007/08
Liverpool FC Player of the Season: 2009/10
Standard Chartered Player of the Month: December 2010

317 Games & 146 Clean sheets.

--------------

Szczesny: Premier Academy League: 2008–09
FA Youth Cup: 2008–09
Football League Cup: 2010–11

42 Games & 15 Clean sheets.

Reina, is much better then Szczesny is, and I doubt he'll ever be better then Reina.

Plus, apart from a 'decent' first season for Arsenal, he's done pretty much nothing to prove he is better then Reina, or any of the other top GK's in the EPL.

Reina: UEFA Intertoto Cup: 2003, 2004
UEFA Super Cup: 2005
FA Cup 2006
FA Community Shield: 2006
UEFA Champions League: 2007 Runner Up
UEFA U-16 Championship: 1999
UEFA European Championship: 2008
FIFA World Cup: 2010
Barclays Golden Glove: 2005/06; 2006/07; 2007/08
Liverpool FC Player of the Season: 2009/10
Standard Chartered Player of the Month: December 2010

317 Games & 146 Clean sheets.

--------------

Szczesny: Premier Academy League: 2008–09
FA Youth Cup: 2008–09
Football League Cup: 2010–11

42 Games & 15 Clean sheets.

Reina, is much better then Szczesny is, and I doubt he'll ever be better then Reina.

Plus, apart from a 'decent' first season for Arsenal, he's done pretty much nothing to prove he is better then Reina, or any of the other top GK's in the EPL.

Football League Cup 'runner-up'.

He is undisptedly the best keeper in the premiership now that vds has retired (and it was a close run thing between those two anyway). Woj will be a great keeper in the future tho, of that I'm sure.

That said, the premiership is seriously lacking in top quality keepers compared to other leagues. I would say Germany, Italy, Spain and even France have better keepers in their leagues.

Still, he's nowhere near Pepe's ability.

I dunno, if he keeps this form up he could be. Reina's the best, most consistent keeper in the Prem, and that last is what separates him from Wojciech. Consistency's a big one for a keeper too, so there's definitely a gulf, but not a huge one.

EDIT: Where did this debate even start? :/

Last edited:
We are both happy now anyway as you kept Pepe and we got Woj :wub:

That made me lol :P

I dunno, if he keeps this form up he could be. Reina's the best, most consistent keeper in the Prem, and that last is what separates him from Wojciech. Consistency's a big one for a keeper too, so there's definitely a gulf, but not a huge one.

EDIT: Where did this debate even start? :/

It started there. Lol.

Hmm, don't think I called Reina **** at all. They're both very good keepers, but over the last couple of seasons i'e started to see Reina make quite a few more mistakes. Would probably say that Sczezney was a better shot stopper as well.

Oh and Danny, are you actually counting the Intertoto Cup? Unbelievable.

Hmm, don't think I called Reina **** at all. They're both very good keepers, but over the last couple of seasons i'e started to see Reina make quite a few more mistakes. Would probably say that Sczezney was a better shot stopper as well.

Oh and Danny, are you actually counting the Intertoto Cup? Unbelievable.

Last season, Reina kept 20 Clean Sheets. The year before that, 21. The year before that, 25.

Sczezney kept 10 last season, and 10 the season before.

Stats don't lie, I'd say it was Sczezney who has been making the mistakes, no?

And yes I am, it's a cup.

Sczezney may very well become a better goalkeeper, but at this time, he's a fair way off Reina.

Last season, Reina kept 20 Clean Sheets. The year before that, 21. The year before that, 25.

Sczezney kept 10 last season, and 10 the season before.

Stats don't lie, I'd say it was Sczezney who has been making the mistakes, no?

And yes I am, it's a cup.

Have you seen the state of Arsenal's defence? Put Szezney behind a better defence and that all changes. Just because he doesn't have as many clean sheets doesn't mean he's making mistakes.

[video=youtube;Ib06W_tWkLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib06W_tWkLA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

To get away from the bickering, looking at this video there were three things which really jumped out at me:

1. I miss Champions League nights so, so much.
2. I miss seeing Fernando Torres in a red Liverpool shirt.
3. Thommo's passion is second to none. Immense.

Have you seen the state of Arsenal's defence? Put Szezney behind a better defence and that all changes. Just because he doesn't have as many clean sheets doesn't mean he's making mistakes.

This season, yeah. But last season and the season before there defense wasn't that bad.

Andre Marriner will referee Liverpool vs Manchester United on Saturday lunchtime.

Back