The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
[video=youtube_share;fTLEKH7HiT8]http://youtu.be/fTLEKH7HiT8[/video]

Sooo, monday match against Fulham. I'm thinking...
-------Reina-------
Johnson-Skrtel-Agger-Enrique
---------Spearing-Adam-------
Bellamy---Henderson---Maxi
---------Suarez----------

--------------Reina-------------

-Johnson--Skrtel-Agger--Enrique-

---------Spearing--Adam-------

-Henderson---Suarez---Downing-

--------------Carroll------------

Aaand City-United at the time we play City a few times ourselves, tire them out and whatnot.

Jose Reina spills the ball embarrassingly, allowing Clint Dempsey a simple finish from close range.

Reina's been doing this a lot lately no?

No.

Poor refereeing decision for the sending off, with many missed chances. Maxi should of came on instead of Downing too.

Pretty much what Chris said ^---

I think Rory Smith summed up the whole Suarez thing well.
Suarez does dive. He is theatrical. That it is undeniable. But he is also afforded no protection by referees. Vicious cycle.

Was Kevin Friend the ref? as he is trending

he certainly wasn't a friend to liverpool ;)

Pretty much what Chris said ^---

I think Rory Smith summed up the whole Suarez thing well.

Got no sympathy with him. doing what Ronaldo did/does. If you dive, you will find your self with less protection. Funny thing is, if he satys on his feet more often, he wins a lot more free kick.

Ref was pretty decent, Spearing won the ball but followed through with both studs up and caught the player. You cant go through the player and say you won the ball if you still take him. Poor finishing from liverpool again though

Last edited:
spearing won the ball, suarez goal was onside

Winning the ball is irrelevant when you lunge in like that. Although it looked like he'd lost all momentum after he won the ball and before his feet went up. Meh, can understand why he was sent off.

No excuses for ruling out Suarezs goal though. Oh and I'll never know how Senderos lasted the 90 minutes.

Got no sympathy with him. doing what Ronaldo did/does. If you dive, you will find your self with less protection. Funny thing is, if he satys on his feet more often, he wins a lot more free kick.

Meh, Suarez tends to start the games (reasonably) fairly and attempts to stay on his feet and gradually gets worse as the game and decisions go against him.

Last edited:
Winning the ball is irrelevant when you lunge in like that. Although it looked like he'd lost all momentum after he won the ball and before his feet went up. Meh, can understand why he was sent off.

No excuses for ruling out Suarezs goal though. Oh and I'll never know how Senderos lasted the 90 minutes.

Meh, Suarez tends to start the games (reasonably) fairly and attempts to stay on his feet and gradually gets worse as the game and decisions go against him.

Very much like Nani last season. Just needs to ride it out, and eventually the decisions will go back his way.

RTW not sure what Senderos did to have possibly warranted a red, certainly dont remember any decision like. But overall he was a pretty clumsy player. Could have had 2 yellows though if i think back

Very much like Nani last season. Just needs to ride it out, and eventually the decisions will go back his way.

RTW not sure what Senderos did to have possibly warranted a red, certainly dont remember any decision like. But overall he was a pretty clumsy player. Could have had 2 yellows though if i think back

He was pulling Carroll back when he was already on a yellow IIRC.

The linesman was directly inline with Suarez, yet he couldn't see that he was onside... FFS.

The red card, just wasn't. Yes he got the ball with one feet off the ground.. Good tackle.. For some reason he ended up with both feet off the ground.. Okay.. But there was no intent, how can you send somebody off for what will be put down as a dangerous tackle when Spearing never made contact and never even intended to make contact with the player..

Suarez is theatrical, but he is fouled a lot.. And is very rarely given the decision.

We hit the post and the bar. Carroll physically cannot head a ball towards the goal and we played against 10 defenders the entire game. Eugh. Most painful game of football I've watched in a long, long time.

Back