The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Agree on the Senderos comments, it's fair to say Liverpool deserved at least a point. On Suarez, not sure how anyone can defend him, he brings it on himself, can't see him getting many decisions his way now, similar thing happened to Andy Johnson after that season with Palace. Suffered a bout of Wengerism and didn't see the Spearing challenge as I was watching the ball but most people i've talked to said it was harsh. Judging by the picture Joel posted, it can only be because he had two feet off the ground. Reina wasn't catching anything for some reason today and paid the price for it in the end. Dembele should of scored twice but hit them both at the keeper. Carroll probably should of got a goal as well in the first half. Zamora was poo tonight, personally think we should sell him and Andy Johnson in Jan. Just the win we needed though as we've got some tough fixtures coming up.

Those pictures look bad.. But, did you watch the game? If you did you would understand how ridiculous that single photo is compared to the actual tackle.

You clearly are too biased to argue with.

Hmm, you come into a thread called 'The Liverpool Thread' and don't expect people to have a 'biased' opinion? OK, don't worry. (:

Hmm, you come into a thread called 'The Liverpool Thread' and don't expect people to have a 'biased' opinion? OK, don't worry. (:

Because I have the - seemingly wrong - impression that people think with their brains and not with their shirts.

Pictures clearly make it look worse than it was. Was not even a free-kick, did you see the match? If you honestly think that challenge warranted a red card then I don't really know what to say.

I was watching online but my internet cut out at the tackle. From those pictures, plus the fact that everyone but Liverpool fans saying they can see why it was a red card, I take that as enough evidence.

Apologies for the Sun but couldn't find one without it, really just wanted to show the picture.

465232439.jpg

Doesn't do himself any favours really.

TROLOL @ The Sun. Yeah, don't comment on Suarez's unfairly disallowed goal, just abuse him for swearing.. And you wonder why he hates everyone.

Because I have the - seemingly wrong - impression that people think with their brains and not with their shirts.

I was thinking with my brain.. Just saying, if you don't want to hear a Liverpool fans opinion then why are you on a Liverpool thread.. Just because I support Liverpool it doesn't make my opinion any less valid than yours because your an Everton fan.

When I saw the tackle in real time tonight, I didn't think it was a red, but after seeing replays, I can see why it was given. Pretty incomparable to the Rodwell decision to be honest, as that was neither two footed, or that far off the floor.

It was a pretty even game, and I think it could have gone either way, Carroll was unlucky a few times in the 1st half, Downing's shot that was saved onto the post was also unlucky, but then Fulham had a fair few chances and hit the woodwork. It was surprising to see that mistake from Reina, but while he is a brilliant shot stopper, I think he has always been slightly prone to 'mishaps'.

Well done Fulham, you did us a favour too, keeping us 6th. :)

I was thinking with my brain.. Just saying, if you don't want to hear a Liverpool fans opinion then why are you on a Liverpool thread.. Just because I support Liverpool it doesn't make my opinion any less valid than yours because your an Everton fan.

Your opinion is less valid because you defend your player purely because he is your player. How someone can defend that side of Suarez's game is beyond me.

Your opinion is less valid because you defend your player purely because he is your player. How someone can defend that side of Suarez's game is beyond me.

Honestly, this is going round in circles, give it a rest.

People have different opinions, there is no issue if you have differentiating opinions, but to continue a discussion about what influences said opinion is pointless, as the reasoning behind it won't change the more you say it should.

TROLOL @ The Sun. Yeah, don't comment on Suarez's unfairly disallowed goal, just abuse him for swearing.. And you wonder why he hates everyone.

I forgot being offside was unfair. I haven't abused Suarez for swearing but I will happily abuse him for diving. I don't see how you can paint him as a victim firstly for being offside and secondly for diving.

Last edited:
Tbh I'm not surprised at The Sun. Usual situation of taking the gloss of a win against a very strong team like Liverpool, and focusing on one individual. Yeah it was a bit silly, but should've been more focused on the Fulham win. Surprised Fulham won, but by the sounds of it Liverpool were just unlucky. Not going to gloat though as I'm hardly in a position to tbh.

Honestly, this is going round in circles, give it a rest.

People have different opinions, there is no issue if you have differentiating opinions, but to continue a discussion about what influences said opinion is pointless, as the reasoning behind it won't change the more you say it should.

Well, I tried not to continue with the argument, just jumped back because his 'this is the Liverpool thread and we're all biased' argument is, simply put, bullshit.

I forgot being offside was unfair. I haven't abused Suarez for swearing but I will happily abuse him for diving. I don't see how you can paint him a victim firstly for being offside and secondly for diving.

Maybe because he was onside...?

I'm done with the diving discussion.. If people care so much about Suarez being the 'biggest diver the world has ever' seen then go start a thread about it or something, I will happily never comment in it.

[Btw, in my previous post when I said 'you' I meant the Sun]

Last edited:
Maybe because he was onside...?

I'm done with the diving discussion.. If people care so much about Suarez being the 'biggest diver the world has ever' seen then go start a thread about it or something, I will happily never comment in it.

[Btw, in my previous post when I said 'you' I meant the Sun]

Lee didn't think so and he's a Liverpool fan. As people caring about Suarez being a diver, its pretty plain, they care because it's cheating.

Luis Suarez is not a diver but is certainly a play-actor, makes a meal out of any contact. As a very biased Liverpool fan it annoys the **** out of me, such a talented player although that side of him does **** me off at times. Referee's are sometimes a bit unkind to him but he doesn't do himself any favours. I think it's ludicrous how the press rip into him for it 24/7 though, he's certainly not the worst in the Premier League for it, suppose we're lucky criticism and the old crowd boo'ing makes him even more determined.

We were unlucky not to win imo, the referee was poor, not just for the sending off but other decisions were certainly questionable, the sending off was the big turning point though. Not a sending off in a million years for me, he cleanly took the ball which travelled about 50 yards before the referee brought it back (to everyone's surprise) for the follow through which had hardly any momentum. We've had a **** of a lot of luck go against us though so far this season, with referee's, woodwork's, brilliant goalkeeping performances from the opposition. Surely it's just a matter of time that the luck turns onto our side. We're certainly playing well enough to get into the top 4, we just need that luck and some better finishing.

Y.N.W.A

Lee didn't think so and he's a Liverpool fan. As people caring about Suarez being a diver, its pretty plain, they care because it's cheating.

I remember when Nani got clattered in the Liverpool game, many liverpool fans were very unsympathetic because he had (rightly) got himself a reputation. Funny how opinions change when the shoe is on the other foot. Like Nani, AJ etc he got himself a bad rep on his own fault, and its now counting against him. up to him to sort it out now.

Luis Suarez is not a diver but is certainly a play-actor, makes a meal out of any contact. As a very biased Liverpool fan it annoys the **** out of me, such a talented player although that side of him does **** me off at times. Referee's are sometimes a bit unkind to him but he doesn't do himself any favours. I think it's ludicrous how the press rip into him for it 24/7 though, he's certainly not the worst in the Premier League for it, suppose we're lucky criticism and the old crowd boo'ing makes him even more determined.

We were unlucky not to win imo, the referee was poor, not just for the sending off but other decisions were certainly questionable, the sending off was the big turning point though. Not a sending off in a million years for me, he cleanly took the ball which travelled about 50 yards before the referee brought it back (to everyone's surprise) for the follow through which had hardly any momentum. We've had a **** of a lot of luck go against us though so far this season, with referee's, woodwork's, brilliant goalkeeping performances from the opposition. Surely it's just a matter of time that the luck turns onto our side. We're certainly playing well enough to get into the top 4, we just need that luck and some better finishing.

Y.N.W.A

2 things.

1) its not just luck, its also poor finishing. Liverpool are incredibly wasteful. Especially Suarez, his shots to goal ratio since he joined is pretty dire. Its like something from FM, you have the quantity in the shots but not the quality.

2) re the tackle, yes wins the ball cleanly, but his follow through is two footed, off the ground. it is reckless and uncontrolled, and it certainly had some momentum, just ask Dembele. Very easy to see why he was given a red. It isnt just about taking the ball.

**** me, some of you people are so biased it is unreal :@

Back