The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
saw this on another forum lol

A kid knocks at kenny dalglishs house and starts singing away in a manger, he opens the door and says to the kid "**** off lad, ive wasted enough money on carols this year"

He was pulling Carroll back when he was already on a yellow IIRC.

thats the badger. very clumsy all night.

Spearing wins the ball, but isnt really in control of his follow through, otherwise he wouldnt have ended up with two feet off and studs up, ie reckless and dangerous. Can see why he got red.

Senderos was fortunate not to get a second yellow for the pull back on Carroll.

Spearing shouldn't have been sent off.

Suarez was onside and the goal should have stood.

All of that said, nicely done Fulham.

The Suarez case is pretty much like the fable 'The boy who cried wolf'.

Kenny needs to go buy Anelka in jan wee need a goal Scorer i dont care if he is 32

I wish there was a thread where Liverpool fans could discuss their team.... Hm, if only. (:

The Suarez case is pretty much like the fable 'The boy who cried wolf'.

He rarely 'dives' though.. So why referee's completely ingore his claims is stupid. Seb Larsson against Wolves yesterday was a dive. Saurez is just a bit theatrical, I think is fair enough. Suarez was fouled a lot today, that's the truth of it.

He rarely 'dives' though.. So why referee's completely ingore his claims is stupid. Seb Larsson against Wolves yesterday was a dive. Saurez is just a bit theatrical, I think is fair enough. Suarez was fouled a lot today, that's the truth of it.

He doesn't dive? He's 'just a bit' theatrical? Wow. Just wow.

Suarez dives a lot, goes down easy a lot under "contact" and is also fouled a lot. The former (rightly or wrongly) is affecting his ability to get decisions for the later. He has a reputation now, one that is somewhat deserved, and in all honesty one that carries from his Ajax days. Very comparable to Nani. If he stays on his feet, and takes his lumps so to speak, things will swing back. Referees are human, and they will be cautious about player they feel are out to con them, again comparable to Nani

When did he dive today?

Or you still hurting over the Rodwell red card?

I'm not speaking about today, I'm speaking about his usual game. And the Rodwell case is a good example, now that you mention it, and although I cba to look for any vids I'm dead certain that it's not the only one. Then again you probably think Jack's dismissal was a blatant red card and he should be banned from football altogether.

It's true, there's always contact before he goes down.

Just because there's contact it doesn't mean it's a foul, and many a time it's minimal contact, certainly not enough to bring him down. He's a great player but his theatrics do him no good. Let me put it this way - if he was playing for Everton he'd spend more time on Bill's plays than on the pitch.

Absolutely ludicrous refereeing decision tonight has robbed us of a point (or 3). Who the **** is Kevin Friend anyway, absolute idiot.

I'm not speaking about today, I'm speaking about his usual game. And the Rodwell case is a good example, now that you mention it, and although I cba to look for any vids I'm dead certain that it's not the only one. Then again you probably think Jack's dismissal was a blatant red card and he should be banned from football altogether.

Nope, Rodwell shouldn't have been sent off. But I blame the ref for that decision, not Suarez. But, IMO, it was more of a red than Spearing's challenge.

In the modern game if you make contact with the player before the ball it's a foul, this happens all the time to Suarez, if refs were consistent with their decision making then he would get a lot more fouls awarded than he does.. It might be bad sportsmanship but it hardly makes him a diver.. Just a bit theatrical. Also, if you can find a clip of Suarez diving in a Liverpool shirt to the extent Larsson did yesterday I will literally give you a million pounds.

I don't have a million pounds.

Nope, Rodwell shouldn't have been sent off. But I blame the ref for that decision, not Suarez. But, IMO, it was more of a red than Spearing's challenge.

In the modern game if you make contact with the player before the ball it's a foul, this happens all the time to Suarez, if refs were consistent with their decision making then he would get a lot more fouls awarded than he does.. It might be bad sportsmanship but it hardly makes him a diver.. Just a bit theatrical. Also, if you can find a clip of Suarez diving in a Liverpool shirt to the extent Larsson did yesterday I will literally give you a million pounds.

I don't have a million pounds.

You clearly are too biased to argue with.

Back