The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The passing and movement was superb. And when we lost it, we hunted the ball down in packs headed by Lucas, who was my MOTM. Although everyone was superb.

Onwards and upwards.

Now the Mancs might win no19 this season. But ****'em.

If someone had told me in September that we will finish the season fighting for 5th, playing real pass and move football with the King at the helm, that **** and cunter will be swindled in an epic manner, that our new owners would smash our transfer record twice within a week, with the best set of young players we've had for two decades, then quite frankly I would've ****** myself laughing. The reality is that this season looks like ending much better than we ever could've dreamed off.

We are coming up the hill.

Respect.

Imagine what we'll be like next season when the dead wood is jettisoned in favour of quality replacements ?

Yes, I do realise the apparent irony in that question given Maxi's wondershow today, but unless he & the others tear up trees for the rest of the season I still think they will go.

Last edited:
I still don't understand why people are calling for the deadwood like Maxi etc to be shipped out. We finally have the resources to by quality players to improve on what we have while being able to keep people like Maxi as backups.

Respect.

Imagine what we'll be like next season when the dead wood is jettisoned in favour of quality replacements ?

Yes, I do realise the irony in that question given Maxi's wondershow today, but unless he & the others tear up trees for the rest of the season I still think they will go.

I can't wait, it's not like it is a team of worldy players who everyones wants, what Kenny has done is unify the team and give them a sense of belief that they can win, together, as a team.

And I said it in the Saturday football thread as well but I'm gonna put it in here as well;

Lucas is the best midfielder in the league at the moment.

Fin.

I still don't understand why people are calling for the deadwood like Maxi etc to be shipped out. We finally have the resources to by quality players to improve on what we have while being able to keep people like Maxi as backups.

I think their salaries could be used to better effect; Cole's for certain. They're designated 'deadwood' for a reason - their performances haven't been up to snuff over the season - that's why they're generally on the bench or in the reserves. Yes, we need a large squad so we can rotate & rest players, but we have to be able to rely on ALL the first team squad to do a job when required. Sadly the likes of Poulsen, Cole ect don't fall into that category.

I wonder what Lucas's market value is now ? He's a BEAST.

he's not done that since 08/09

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

On-loan Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has expressed his desire to remain at Juventus long-term - even though Reds manager Kenny Dalglish suggested he could stay on at Anfield.

The 26-year-old lasted just one injury-troubled season on Merseyside after his £17million move from Roma.

He started to show glimpses of his true form towards the end of the 2009-10 campaign but the departure of Rafael Benitez, the man who brought him to England, effectively sealed his fate.

Benitez's successor Roy Hodgson ushered the Italy international out on loan after just two pre-season friendlies and a couple of substitute appearances in the Europa League qualifiers.

Dalglish, however, is an admirer of the midfielder's talents and yesterday said: "He could be coming back to play for Liverpool. He could be a valuable asset here next season."

Aquilani though seems intent on remaining in his homeland, but with Juventus apparently unwilling to pay the £14million fee agreed at the outset of his loan deal, his future remains unclear.

"My situation is simple. It all depends on Juventus - if they want to, (they can) buy me without asking anyone's opinion," Aquilani told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"I would like to stay in Turin for a long time and win a lot.

"I want to be a protagonist in the new winning cycle that is opening up at Juventus. I have no doubt that Juve's project is a winner, they just need a little patience."

Aquilani also feels, after 29 Serie A appearances for Juventus, that he has finally shaken off his injury-prone reputation.

"I played with great continuity, without any particular problems," he added.

"I finally removed the tag of me always being injured. I knew I was healthy, that I was just unlucky in the past, but in football people just want to label someone."
You're so negative, and you call yourself a Liverpool 'fan'. When we were in hard times you were saying we were going to lose, everyone was ****, etc. Gerrard has made runs but not as often and we need someone like Adam or Taarabt (not saying we should buy him) who can run into the box and dictate possession. To think Adam was a unheard of at Rangers 3 years ago...
If Blackpool go down, we get Adam. Simples :).

Just read on NESN, that Aly Cisokho (sp) is considering a move to Liverpool. Would be awesome :D
Nah, Bastos please :P! Cissoko would be great, but so would Coentrao or Bastos (who is more a winger though he can play wing-back).

I don't think Johno will be too keen to play as a winger as this would threaten his England place at RB. We need an alternative to Stevie G now - that's where recruiting a creative central midfielder comes in. Raul is a bit of a paradox as he's not really inventive enough & certainly doesn't tackle back like Lucas. The Aquaman might fit the bill but his heart is in Italy & hasn't proved himself in the Premiership. Spearing is strictly a stop gap measure imo - he just makes a nuisance of himself to the opposition - that's his game. We require a quality player who can pick a match winning through-ball against sides who park the bus against us. Ideally we need a creative central midfielder who can put his foot in - anyone know a Graeme Souness Mk II ?
Moussa Sissoko? Or even Xabi Alonso back, a cheeky £50m bid for him :P? I think either Moussa Sissoko or we get Jordan Henderson off Sunderland if he carries on his form (this is if Aqua doesn't come back).

I can't wait, it's not like it is a team of worldy players who everyones wants, what Kenny has done is unify the team and give them a sense of belief that they can win, together, as a team.

And I said it in the Saturday football thread as well but I'm gonna put it in here as well;

Lucas is the best midfielder in the league at the moment.

Fin.
Spearing is a close second for work rate, but not really skill. Flanagan, Robinson, Kelly, Spearing and Shelvey = :wub:
We have some great youngsters coming through, if given the chance, Shelvey could replace Stevie G and Kelly could replace Carra :).

Oh, and great win against Brum, we love you Kuyt (and Maxi ;))!

Last edited:
his is what the league table would look like if the season started from Kenny's first league game in charge - against Blackpool.

1. Liverpool – LDWWWWDLWW – 20 points – 10 games
2. Chelsea – WWWLDWWW – 19 points – 8 games
3. Man Utd – DWWWLWWLLW – 19 points - 10 games
4. Arsenal – WWWDWWDD – 18 points – 8 games
5. Everton – DDLWLWWDW – 14 points – 9 games
6. Tottenham – DDWWWLDD – 13 points – 8 games
7. Fulham – DWLWDDDWL – 13 points – 9 games
8. West Ham – LDWLDWWD – 12 points – 8 games
9. Aston Villa – DWWLDDWLL – 12 points – 9 games
10. Man City – WLDWLDWL – 11 points - 8 games
11. West Brom – WLDLDDDWD – 11 points – 9 games
12. Wolves – LLLWLDWDW – 11 points – 9 games
13. Bolton – LLWLWDWL – 10 points – 8 games
14. Stoke – WLLWLLDLW – 10 points – 9 games
15. Wigan – DLLDWDLLW – 9 points – 9 games
16. Birmingham – DLDWWLLDL – 9 points – 9 games
17. Newcastle – DDLDDWDLL – 8 points – 9 games
18. Blackpool – WLLLLLDWLLD – 8 points – 11 games
19. Blackburn – LWLLDLLD – 5 points – 8 games
20. Sunderland – DWLLLLDL – 5 points – 8 games

That doesn't tell full story isn't it. Liverpool might have played easy fixtures than other teams, playing harder fixtures under Hodgson.

I think next season fight for top 4 would be even harder, just can't wait for next season..

That doesn't tell full story isn't it. Liverpool might have played easy fixtures than other teams, playing harder fixtures under Hodgson.

I think next season fight for top 4 would be even harder, just can't wait for next season..

In that time under Dalglish, we've played: City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea & Everton? And have beaten three of those five.

Last edited:

The full story is this: If we'd have had KK in charge from the off, we'd have had a real shot at the title. Hodgson f****d us over - it's as simple as that. STATS DON'T LIE.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

his is what the league table would look like if the season started from Kenny's first league game in charge - against Blackpool.

1. Liverpool – LDWWWWDLWW – 20 points – 10 games
2. Chelsea – WWWLDWWW – 19 points – 8 games
3. Man Utd – DWWWLWWLLW – 19 points - 10 games
4. Arsenal – WWWDWWDD – 18 points – 8 games
5. Everton – DDLWLWWDW – 14 points – 9 games
6. Tottenham – DDWWWLDD – 13 points – 8 games
7. Fulham – DWLWDDDWL – 13 points – 9 games
8. West Ham – LDWLDWWD – 12 points – 8 games
9. Aston Villa – DWWLDDWLL – 12 points – 9 games
10. Man City – WLDWLDWL – 11 points - 8 games
11. West Brom – WLDLDDDWD – 11 points – 9 games
12. Wolves – LLLWLDWDW – 11 points – 9 games
13. Bolton – LLWLWDWL – 10 points – 8 games
14. Stoke – WLLWLLDLW – 10 points – 9 games
15. Wigan – DLLDWDLLW – 9 points – 9 games
16. Birmingham – DLDWWLLDL – 9 points – 9 games
17. Newcastle – DDLDDWDLL – 8 points – 9 games
18. Blackpool – WLLLLLDWLLD – 8 points – 11 games
19. Blackburn – LWLLDLLD – 5 points – 8 games
20. Sunderland – DWLLLLDL – 5 points – 8 games

Yes we're definately the form team.

Here's our remaining fixtures:

Newcastle - H
Fulham - A
Tottenham - H
Villa - A

Tottenham's remining fixtures:

Chelsea - A
Blackpool - H
Man City - A
Liverpool - A
Birmingham - H

We're 3 points behind the Spuds with a +4 GD over them.

It's looking good for a europe spot but I wish to God it was for the CL. Hodgson you total tool.

Last edited:
In that time under Dalglish, we've played: City, United, Arsenal, Chelsea & Everton? And have beaten three of those five.

You have played City, United, Everton at home.

I'm not downplaying his achievement though. It was just genuine question as i didn't check the fixtures. Like i said next season fight top 4 would be even intense. And new season, everything starts new, have to see how much players will be up for it as we have seen few teams have that new manager syndrome when they start giving 110% as soon as there is a managerial change. If they keep it going then i can see Liverpool pushing it for the champions league spot, not for the title yet..

You have played City, United, Everton at home.

I'm not downplaying his achievement though. It was just genuine question as i didn't check the fixtures. Like i said next season fight top 4 would be even intense. And new season, everything starts new, have to see how much players will be up for it as we have seen few teams have that new manager syndrome when they start giving 110% as soon as there is a managerial change. If they keep it going then i can see Liverpool pushing it for the champions league spot, not for the title yet..

I think there's putting in 110% for a new manager, and then there's putting in 110% because that's what the manager demands every single game, and the players realisation that they are playing under THE Liverpool legend. For me, I think it's the latter. He's just instilled a sense of unity in the squad, that no player is bigger than another, and that everyone will get their chance.

A couple of signings in the close season, and I think we will have more than enough to continue with this good run of form and contend for a top four place, no way will we challenge for the title next season; however, if we finish in the top four next season and then have the offer of champions league football for any potential signings, then I wouldn't bet against us being in the title race in the 2012/13 season. Good times are coming back, it is a slow rebuilding process, but slowly, the optimism is returning to Anfield. And it is brilliant.

I think there's putting in 110% for a new manager, and then there's putting in 110% because that's what the manager demands every single game, and the players realisation that they are playing under THE Liverpool legend. For me, I think it's the latter. He's just instilled a sense of unity in the squad, that no player is bigger than another, and that everyone will get their chance.

A couple of signings in the close season, and I think we will have more than enough to continue with this good run of form and contend for a top four place, no way will we challenge for the title next season; however, if we finish in the top four next season and then have the offer of champions league football for any potential signings, then I wouldn't bet against us being in the title race in the 2012/13 season. Good times are coming back, it is a slow rebuilding process, but slowly, the optimism is returning to Anfield. And it is brilliant.

Yes, if Liverpool continues at this rate then in 2-3 seasons they will in the mix for the title.. Still defense needs major investment as i dont think your CBs are near top quality,,

Yes, if Liverpool continues at this rate then in 2-3 seasons they will in the mix for the title.. Still defense needs major investment as i dont think your CBs are near top quality,,

Now you're just trolling.

If you're trying to disillusion LFC fans, forget about it - we hit rock bottom under Hodgson; Kenny dragged us out of the gutter & restored our self respect through sheer inspirational leadership & tactical nous. Since KK took over, we've been the team nobody wants tp play anymore; under Hodgson we were the Premiership's soft-touches. HE knows the areas of the team that need addressing - we'll get in anything from 3 quality players to however many he sees fit. One thing is certain - next season we'll be challenging on all fronts, including the Premiership, with a much more competative squad.

Read it & weep.

Last edited:
Now you're just trolling.

If you're trying to disillusion LFC fans, forget about it - we hit rock bottom under Hodgson; Kenny dragged us out of the gutter & restored our self respect through sheer inspirational leadership & tactical nous. Since KK took over, we've been the team nobody wants tp play anymore; under Hodgson we were the Premiership's soft-touches. HE knows the areas of the team that need addressing - we'll get in anything from 3 quality players to however many he sees fit. One thing is certain - next season we'll be challenging on all fronts, including the Premiership, with a much more competative squad.

Read it & weep.

A couple of signings in the close season, and I think we will have more than enough to continue with this good run of form and contend for a top four place, no way will we challenge for the title next season; however, if we finish in the top four next season and then have the offer of champions league football for any potential signings, then I wouldn't bet against us being in the title race in the 2012/13 season.

This is what a Liverpool supporter posted. Is he trolling too?

Grow up and learn to read others posts and views..

HE knows the areas of the team that need addressing
Then why the **** is this thread created as Kenny knows what to do. Why do Liverpool fans bother discussing. Even know the purpose of forums?

Since KK took over, we've been the team nobody wants tp play anymore;
I dont know about that as no player has come out and said that.

One thing is certain - next season we'll be challenging on all fronts, including the Premiership

You could have said "Next year is our year" which fits in well.

Last edited:
Carraghers son has joined Liverpool now, he's only 8 mind you...
my Dad's working on his house, and he asked his son with Merieles on the back of his shirt why haven't you got your dad on your back, his response "He's ****" Hahahah.

This is what a Liverpool supporter posted. Is he trolling too?

Grow up and learn to read others posts and views..

Then why the **** is this thread created as Kenny knows what to do. Why do Liverpool fans bother discussing. Even know the purpose of forums?

I dont know about that as no player has come out and said that.

You could have said "Next year is our year" which fits in well.

Sounds like I hit a nerve there.

Tell me mate, do you honestly think whiskey nose would like to play us again any time soon ?

This thread was started because LFC fans like to discuss the goings-on at OUR club. You know, like having a pub discussion - it's fun to speculate about the players we'd like to see coming in, but in the final analysis the manager & his advisors are the only ones who know who potentially will be arriving ( to state the obvious ).

Haven't you guys got a club thread of your own to shoot the breeze on ? What's with this strange fascination with Liverpool ?

Last edited:
Dobcheev, i dont know about that but Grant would love to play you once more, so do Holloway. Whats your point?

I was not trolling and i was having discussion with Alex, instead of poking with unnecessary **** you could have at least posted your opinion instead of acting like a **** there.

This thread is not only for LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS. This is for discussion about Liverpool. This is not RAWK. This is FM Base where every other club supporter posts their opinion on every other club.

According to Kenny makes the decision, and there is no point in having discussion as it hardly matters.

Oh and please do understand what trolling means. If someone dont agree with you doesnt mean they are trolling.

it's fun to speculate about the players we'd like to see coming in,

Thats what i was doing in the first place. Then you came and had a go at me for no reason.

FYI there are many Liverpool supporters who thinks it takes 2-3 season before they challenge for title. I'm not the only one..

Last edited:
Dobcheev, i dont know about that but Grant would love to play you once more, so do Holloway. Whats your point?

I was not trolling and i was having discussion with Alex, instead of poking with unnecessary **** you could have at least posted your opinion instead of acting like a **** there.

This thread is not only for LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS. This is for discussion about Liverpool. This is not RAWK. This is FM Base where every other club supporter posts their opinion on every other club.

According to Kenny makes the decision, and there is no point in having discussion as it hardly matters.

Oh and please do understand what trolling means. If someone dont agree with you doesnt mean they are trolling.

Thats what i was doing in the first place. Then you came and had a go at me for no reason.

FYI there are many Liverpool supporters who thinks it takes 2-3 season before they challenge for title. I'm not the only one..

Ok to nip this in the bud. Dont be starting an argument in the thread as theres no need for it.
To settle the discussion i agree somewhat with sunilvk7 about that we start with a clean slate next season and main priority is to finish top 4. If we start well then we can think about a title challenge after next january. We cant comment on where any club will finish next season as nobody knows what transfers teams will make or injuries they will get.
I believe we will finish top 4 next season but i dont know if we will make a title challenge.

However you are simply coming on here saying we have had good results lately because we had easy games(not true) and that we will struggle to make top 4 next season( do you have any inside information because most fans from other teams agree we will do well). Other people on site have agreed we played well including Calum (arsenal), Mike (man utd) and Cjacko(chelsea). We have had a remarkable season since January and you practically disregard this. Your posts arent completely on topic and you should realise that what your saying will aggravate most fans and this will provoke a reaction from some other fans.

So my advice is to hold your tongue unless you know what your talking about.As your not a Liverpool supporter you probably dont know much about the goings on at our club so refrain from winding up other users of the site please. Thanks

However you are simply coming on here saying we have had good results lately because we had easy games(not true) and that we will struggle to make top 4 next season( do you have any inside information because most fans from other teams agree we will do well). Other people on site have agreed we played well including Calum (arsenal), Mike (man utd) and Cjacko(chelsea). We have had a remarkable season since January and you practically disregard this. Your posts arent completely on topic and you should realise that what your saying will aggravate most fans and this will provoke a reaction from some other fans.

So my advice is to hold your tongue unless you know what your talking about.As your not a Liverpool supporter you probably dont know much about the goings on at our club so refrain from winding up other users of the site please. Thanks

I said I haven't checked the fixtures and asked a genuine question for which Alex answered and also which I agreed with.

Can you please quote the post where i said Liverpool wont make it to Top 4 next season?

My advice is to read the posts before accusing someone. All i said was next season fight for top 4 will be intense as Liverpool have improved a lot..

Can you please quote the post where i downplayed Liverpool achievements or said they wont make it to Top4.

Be quiet, or infractions will be handed out.

Back