The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I think next season fight for top 4 would be even harder, just can't wait for next season..

I never meant to say that you said we wouldnt make top 4. But as shown above u say that it will be hard to finish top 4.
The rest of my argument still stands as you are commenting on a club you dont know much about. You didnt know what games we had played since Kenny took over. If you had read the op i stated that this thread was for liverpool fans to discuss their club. As your not a Liverpool fan i dont see why you feel the need to comment on our thread. If its out of boredom please set up a United thread to say how great ye are.
I didnt say all this to have a go at you as i do agree with some of your points(such as our defence) but if you bothered to read all the thread you will see that we all know we have a suspect defence.
As for top 4 being harder i dont see the basis on this as no team is far ahead of us really.
United have a poor squad this season and have been lucky that nobody has made a genuine challenge.
Chelsea are still inconsistant all season.
Arsenal still seem to fade away at the end of the season due to a lack of experience and a suspect defence.
City will probably struggle under pressure again next season.
Spurs have shown that their squad isnt deep and have struggled with playing in europe and the league.

So this shows we have as good a chance as anybody.
I dont want an argument as the last few post have been you and Dobcheev bickering and spamming up the thread and theres no need for it. If ye want to continue this please do so by mail and not doing it on this thread.

THREAD CLOSED FOR A COOLING PERIOD

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Will re open in 1 hour

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Thread reopened.
Please keep on topic in future

Bluemoon • View topic - Liverpool and the FFP rule..

Man City forum was re-directed to me by someone, I'm confused what these people are babbling about =O

There basically ****** that we have a kit deal worth 2 or 3 times as much as theirs. They think were breaking rules because were getting so much lol. This has nothing to to with UEFA or FIFA as we negociated this deal and its perfectly legitimate.
This is a great deal for us as it gives us a guaranted extra £13M per year in revenue which could be invested in players :)

There basically ****** that we have a kit deal worth 2 or 3 times as much as theirs. They think were breaking rules because were getting so much lol. This has nothing to to with UEFA or FIFA as we negociated this deal and its perfectly legitimate.
This is a great deal for us as it gives us a guaranted extra £13M per year in revenue which could be invested in players :)

What happened to the £25M a year as reported, Stevo ?

What do Sheikh City need with big sponsors anyhow ? They've got a bottomless pit, no ? Oh, I forgot, the new financing rules coming in. Hoo-ha !:):):):)

What happened to the £25M a year as reported, Stevo ?

What do Sheikh City need with big sponsors anyhow ? They've got a bottomless pit, no ? Oh, I forgot, the new financing rules coming in. Hoo-ha !:):):):)

Its an extra £13M as we already got £12M from addidas.Thats what i mean,i know the deal is £25M per season. To be honest im still suprised that we managed to more than double our kit supplier income. Hopefully the kits will be decent :)

Heres an interesting article published by Lee:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/england/72928-kenny-good.html#post1147086

Last edited:
BTW, we made an offer for Aguero in Jan, but the offer remains on the table:-

Word on the street is Aguero is up for LFC over Chelsea and Spuds, he's not particulary concerned about CLF. We made an offer in Jan, but for whatever reason the top brass werent ready just yet as they are embrolied in a situation similar to ours 12 months ago.

LFC by all accounts have an excellent relationship with Atletico and comolli was guest of thier chairman for a day or so back in eary Jan when the transfer was discussed. The offer made by us was around £35m and whilst is was politley declined the offer remains on the table from us and there is a dialouge about a potential move in summer. It seems the Atletico fans would prefer him to go to LFC rather than any other club should he leave.

Bluemoon • View topic - Liverpool and the FFP rule..

Man City forum was re-directed to me by someone, I'm confused what these people are babbling about =O

lol, just jealous City fans basically. They might have the Sheikh & a possible ECL place, but we're still a bigger name than they are :)

Word on the street is Aguero is up for LFC over Chelsea and Spuds, he's not particulary concerned about CLF. We made an offer in Jan, but for whatever reason the top brass werent ready just yet as they are embrolied in a situation similar to ours 12 months ago.

LFC by all accounts have an excellent relationship with Atletico and comolli was guest of thier chairman for a day or so back in eary Jan when the transfer was discussed. The offer made by us was around £35m and whilst is was politley declined the offer remains on the table from us and there is a dialouge about a potential move in summer. It seems the Atletico fans would prefer him to go to LFC rather than any other club should he leave.

source?
Love to see him at Liverpool. Aguero----Carroll----Suarez

source?
Love to see him at Liverpool. Aguero----Carroll----Suarez

Just someone who works at the club mate, he was the one who told me about Suarez and being in talks with Adam, so am fairly confident with what he says.

And, the owners wanted Suarez-Torres-Aguero. Shame Torres didn't want that, but now we're moving onto bigger and better things.

Oh, and just to cause mayhem on this thread; whilst visiting one of his best mates, Maxi, in Liverpool in December, he said he wanted to play for Liverpool.

Last edited:
I think there's putting in 110% for a new manager, and then there's putting in 110% because that's what the manager demands every single game, and the players realisation that they are playing under THE Liverpool legend. For me, I think it's the latter. He's just instilled a sense of unity in the squad, that no player is bigger than another, and that everyone will get their chance.

A couple of signings in the close season, and I think we will have more than enough to continue with this good run of form and contend for a top four place, no way will we challenge for the title next season; however, if we finish in the top four next season and then have the offer of champions league football for any potential signings, then I wouldn't bet against us being in the title race in the 2012/13 season. Good times are coming back, it is a slow rebuilding process, but slowly, the optimism is returning to Anfield. And it is brilliant.

Spot on Al, to say liverpool challenge for the title next season is very premature, but they are certainly going in the right direction, perhaps some other liverpool fans can look at this view instead of jumping down other peoples throat, still a lot of work to do

Just someone who works at the club mate, he was the one who told me about Suarez and being in talks with Adam, so am fairly confident with what he says.

And, the owners wanted Suarez-Torres-Aguero. Shame Torres didn't want that, but now we're moving onto bigger and better things.

Oh, and just to cause mayhem on this thread; whilst visiting one of his best mates, Maxi, in Liverpool in December, he said he wanted to play for Liverpool.

obviously just gunna have to take your word for it tbh mate haha.

Like i said, I'd love to see it happen. We'll just have to wait and see :)

exciting times this summer imo.

Spot on Al, to say liverpool challenge for the title next season is very premature, but they are certainly going in the right direction, perhaps some other liverpool fans can look at this view instead of jumping down other peoples throat, still a lot of work to do

Told you that I'm not that bad :P

Aguero will certainly leave this summer, where he goes is anyone's guess though

Could easily happen for liverpool, City may be favourites as they seem set to lose tevez though.

To be honest I think they have their hearts set on Alexis Sanchez as their Tevez replacement. Or if Tevez is going to Inter, I wouldn't be surprised to see Milito as part of the deal.

Fingers are well and truly crossed.

Much though I like Aguero, £35M would be a HUGE chunk out of transfer funds; imo we need to address the weakness's in the team before reinforcing the forward line which is arguably sorted for now. We need to get quality imports for LB, CB, A holding player & a playmaker &, depending on the formation KK wants to adopt, a Winger. To state the blindingly obvious, this is going to require a massive spending budget, given that we don't want to fritter money away on getting in even more average players just to fill problem positions.

By the way, it was nice to read that Comolli has been quoted as saying that one of the most important criteria he's adopting in the search for potential signings is the number of games they've played & the number they've missed through injury; at long last some common sense ! No more sicknote signings !

Last edited:
To be honest I think they have their hearts set on Alexis Sanchez as their Tevez replacement. Or if Tevez is going to Inter, I wouldn't be surprised to see Milito as part of the deal.

Fingers are well and truly crossed.

Spot on about Sanchez. Dunno about Aguero...i dont think we need him. Liverpool fans must be excited about the summer. Just like us City fans. If we get CL we will spend another 100m+ i think. While there will be plenty leaving...Adebayor and Tevez among others.

Tbh..i dont think Liverpool will finish in the top 4 next season. When the next season starts..it wont be only roses for Liverpool. Like it has been recently. But i do think they will be stronger.

Just wonder..if they will...who will not? Can't see us missing if we get CL this season. And i wouldn't think that United or Chelsea would either..and Arsenal...i can't see that either. Unless they would give 1 extra place to england..and i doubt it.

Last edited:
Back