The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Spot on about Sanchez. Dunno about Aguero...i dont think we need him. Liverpool fans must be excited about the summer. Just like us City fans. If we get CL we will spend another 100m+ i think. While there will be plenty leaving...Adebayor and Tevez among others.

Tbh..i dont think Liverpool will finish in the top 4 next season. When the next season starts..it wont be only roses for Liverpool. Like it has been recently. But i do think they will be stronger.

Just wonder..if they will...who will not? Can't see us missing if we get CL this season. And i wouldn't think that United or Chelsea would either..and Arsenal...i can't see that either. Unless they would give 1 extra place to england..and i doubt it.

All I know is, is that next season will be incredible.

I see City crashing out of CL the moment Sheikh's money well runs out. Honestly, Liverpool are part of the Big Four, we don't miss out on CL too long.

We won't get Aguero not yet anyway. Will be on like triple the wages of most our players an double Gerrard. Also 40 million for a strikers now would be stupid. Need to strengthen in other areas first. Kuyt-Carroll-Suarez is fine, they all work together great.

I agree with Mally about Aguero as we dont need to spend £40M on another forward. Would love to see it happen but as mentioned above Kuyt is doing fine and i recokon we can get another good year out of him before we phase him out.If we have the money for 4 players id like to see a proven LB,CB and LW with a young talented ball playing CM that can develop into first team.

AllStampedOut,your delusional. Sheik Mansour has the 8th richest family in the world.His money isnt going to run out. City will get CL football next season and they will spend big this season and i could see them spend upwards of £100M this summer.

I agree with Mally about Aguero as we dont need to spend £40M on another forward. Would love to see it happen but as mentioned above Kuyt is doing fine and i recokon we can get another good year out of him before we phase him out.If we have the money for 4 players id like to see a proven LB,CB and LW with a young talented ball playing CM that can develop into first team.

AllStampedOut,your delusional. Sheik Mansour has the 8th richest family in the world.His money isnt going to run out. City will get CL football next season and they will spend big this season and i could see them spend upwards of £100M this summer.

Happily they won't be able to get all the good players for much longer by simply throwing obscene amounts of cash around - City are going to be in HUGE trouble with UEFA when the financial fair-play rules kick in. The Sheikh is going to have to run his club as viable business & not as his own fantasy factory. Whoever said Michelle Platini is a *** ?

All the signs are that a holding midfielder will be recruited, & we badly need some creativity in the middle of the park - we won't be able to out-power EVERYONE next season - a lot of teams are going to play deep against us & park a bus, especially at Anfield. Some subtlety will be required on occasion.

The question is, would we want to finish 5th and have a season of the Europa League?
I think it's important to be in Europe, even if it is the Europa league. Its a way to give some of our youngsters more chances, a way to increase our revenue for the UEFA fair play rules that are going to be implemented, and to keep the team craving for champions league by giving them the taste of the sub-champions league.

The question is, would we want to finish 5th and have a season of the Europa League?

Rather not be in it. Why they don't give the winner a champions league spot I don't know. Europa becoming a burden.

Happily they won't be able to get all the good players for much longer by simply throwing obscene amounts of cash around - City are going to be in HUGE trouble with UEFA when the financial fair-play rules kick in. The Sheikh is going to have to run his club as viable business & not as his own fantasy factory. Whoever said Michelle Platini is a *** ?

Your wrong about that. The Sheikh has from the beginning known about this rule. But City dont need to spend every summer 100m...
if we get CL this season..there will be huge improvment on sponsor deals etc. Thats the owners plan.

I read the bluemoon forums everyday and one well respected ITK has said that we will be spending about 100m this summer. On 6 players...1 being back-up goalkeeper for Hart. It's not going to be 100m net spend..there is going to be many player sales. Adebayor, probly Tevez, birdge., Santa cruz, Given, Jo...etc. The reason why so many were loaned but not sold was because the club wants to sell them this summer. This guy got all right last summer and he is not some joke :D

Tbh..i dont think Liverpool will finish in the top 4 next season. When the next season starts..it wont be only roses for Liverpool. Like it has been recently. But i do think they will be stronger.

Why don't you think we'll be there? Since Dalglish has taken over we have been exceptional being second (I think) in the form table; who's to say that we won't continue this next season? Honestly, my moneys on us finishing top four next season. Regardless of whether you spend £100m or not, you this season, have shown that money can't always immediately guarantee success, it has taken how long for your team to gel? And let's be honest, you still don't look overly convincing. If it comes to it in the summer, spending £100m on mercenaries who are debatedly there for the money or spending nothing but keeping the team unity that we currently possess, I know which I'd rather have all day long.

Player for player, you have arguably the strongest squad in the league, but where's the fighting spirit? Where's the desire? Where's the passion for the club? At the moment we may not have a strong squad, but I'd say we hold all of the above in abundance. Just look at United; they aren't a squad of world class players littered all over the shop, they have a squad where everyone believes they can play & win every single game.

That is what we need, we need to get away from the mentality of a 'strongest XI' and need to lean towards the United approach in the sense that they have 20-25 players, who can be classed as first teamers and whatever team they put out, could be classed as their strongest. We don't need to go out and sign world class player X, Y & Z; we need a squad capable of challenging a la Man United, and one with players who believe they can play every single match.

See, this is what I don't get.

Regardless of what matters if we finish 5th, I want us to win every single game. And if that means finishing 5th and having a season of the Europa League. Part of what we are all about is our success in European competitions, now we don't give a **** if we qualify? Besides, at the end of the day, it's revenue.

Your wrong about that. The Sheikh has from the beginning known about this rule. But City dont need to spend every summer 100m...
if we get CL this season..there will be huge improvment on sponsor deals etc. Thats the owners plan.

I read the bluemoon forums everyday and one well respected ITK has said that we will be spending about 100m this summer. On 6 players...1 being back-up goalkeeper for Hart. It's not going to be 100m net spend..there is going to be many player sales. Adebayor, probly Tevez, birdge., Santa cruz, Given, Jo...etc. The reason why so many were loaned but not sold was because the club wants to sell them this summer. This guy got all right last summer and he is not some joke :D

What about the enormous salary bill he has to pay. Arguably the only reason players have gone to City in the past is the vastly inflated wages on offer. These will not be sustainable under the incoming laws; he will only be able to spend what he earns - the wage bill will be an enormous drag on getting the numbers right, no ?

Why don't you think we'll be there? Since Dalglish has taken over we have been exceptional being second (I think) in the form table; who's to say that we won't continue this next season? Honestly, my moneys on us finishing top four next season. Regardless of whether you spend £100m or not, you this season, have shown that money can't always immediately guarantee success, it has taken how long for your team to gel? And let's be honest, you still don't look overly convincing. If it comes to it in the summer, spending £100m on mercenaries who are debatedly there for the money or spending nothing but keeping the team unity that we currently possess, I know which I'd rather have all day long.

Player for player, you have arguably the strongest squad in the league, but where's the fighting spirit? Where's the desire? Where's the passion for the club? At the moment we may not have a strong squad, but I'd say we hold all of the above in abundance. Just look at United; they aren't a squad of world class players littered all over the shop, they have a squad where everyone believes they can play & win every single game.

That is what we need, we need to get away from the mentality of a 'strongest XI' and need to lean towards the United approach in the sense that they have 20-25 players, who can be classed as first teamers and whatever team they put out, could be classed as their strongest. We don't need to go out and sign world class player X, Y & Z; we need a squad capable of challenging a la Man United, and one with players who believe they can play every single match.

Yea but if Liverpool are going to spend and if they make those 22 deals...what about Liverpools gelling? It might be the same situation we had at the start of the season? Im not saying you wont finish in top 4. I said i dont think you will. But it's possible.

There is still Arsenal, Chelsea, United, City....who will not make it? I think City will be even stronger next season..probably all those other teams too. And Tottenham might be trying too next season?

Yea but if Liverpool are going to spend and make those 22 deals...what about Liverpools gelling? It might be the same situation we had at the start of the season? Im not saying you wont finish in top 4. I said i dont think you will. But it's possible.

We have 22 deals lined up, needless to say that obviously they all won't be done. Also does it state that they will all be done this transfer window? Regardless of this, the majority of these deals are players out, the El Zhar's, Aquilani's, Insua's, Degen's etc who are all at the moment on loan and aren't currently part of the teams plans, so gelling I have no fears over at all because at most we will bring in 4/5 players, at the very most. So with a full pre-season I shouldn't see gelling being an issue whatsoever.

There is still Arsenal, Chelsea, United, City....who will not make it? I think City will be even stronger next season..probably all those other teams too. And Tottenham might be trying too next season?

Arsenal won't spend, Chelsea will, United will and you will. Spurs will, but without the lure of Champions League football, who can they attract? Because it certainly won't be the calibre of players needed to take them to the next level. If you were to ask me now, I see the top four next season being the original top four, with you in fifth and Spurs in sixth. Whether you like that opinion or not, I dunna - But at present, that's how I see it being.

I think it's important to be in Europe, even if it is the Europa league. Its a way to give some of our youngsters more chances, a way to increase our revenue for the UEFA fair play rules that are going to be implemented, and to keep the team craving for champions league by giving them the taste of the sub-champions league.

I agree & don't forget the extra revenue coming in from a run in Europe. The EUFA fair play rules will have the effect that clubs will want to stay in previously eschewed 'minor' competitions for as long as possible simply because of the incoming cash they provide.

As Jane Austin was once reported to have said: ' It may only be the Europa League, but it's better than a kick in the gob '. :)

We have 22 deals lined up, needless to say that obviously they all won't be done. Also does it state that they will all be done this transfer window? Regardless of this, the majority of these deals are players out, the El Zhar's, Aquilani's, Insua's, Degen's etc who are all at the moment on loan and aren't currently part of the teams plans, so gelling I have no fears over at all because at most we will bring in 4/5 players, at the very most. So with a full pre-season I shouldn't see gelling being an issue whatsoever.

Arsenal won't spend, Chelsea will, United will and you will. Spurs will, but without the lure of Champions League football, who can they attract? Because it certainly won't be the calibre of players needed to take them to the next level. If you were to ask me now, I see the top four next season being the original top four, with you in fifth and Spurs in sixth. Whether you like that opinion or not, I dunna - But at present, that's how I see it being.

Fair enough. But i can see City challenging for the title next season..maybe not winning. preseason will do good...the world cup interrupted it this season. So i can see City making very big progress. Liverool are looking pretty impressive now, it might be just some kind of boost because Kenny has got the fighting recently..but next season is a different season.

Liverpool were so poor at the start of the season..i find it hard to believe that their suddenly as good as Liverpool fans say. Like some of my pool mates.

Or who knows..if there could be soon 5th place CL?...maybe not idk.

I think there's putting in 110% for a new manager, and then there's putting in 110% because that's what the manager demands every single game, and the players realisation that they are playing under THE Liverpool legend. For me, I think it's the latter. He's just instilled a sense of unity in the squad, that no player is bigger than another, and that everyone will get their chance.

Fair enough. But i can see City challenging for the title next season..maybe not winning. preseason will do good...the world cup interrupted it this season. So i can see City making very big progress. Liverool are looking pretty impressive now, it might be just some kind of boost because Kenny has got the fighting recently..but next season is a different season.

See I just don't know about you, I don't see Mancini as the manager who can take you to the next step, he is far too reserved to be a premier league winning manager in my opinion. And with regards to the 'some kind of boost bit'; read my next comment.

Liverpool were so poor at the start of the season..i find it hard to believe that their suddenly as good as Liverpool fans say. Like some of my pool mates.

Then I refer you to the post I quoted above, right at the top.

Or who knows..if there could be soon 5th place CL?...maybe not idk.

I doubt it to be honest, Platini hates England with a passion.

Either way, I'm off to the beach now; will reply when I'm back.

Peaceeeee motherfuckersssssss

See I just don't know about you, I don't see Mancini as the manager who can take you to the next step, he is far too reserved to be a premier league winning manager in my opinion. And with regards to the 'some kind of boost bit'; read my next comment.

Then I refer you to the post I quoted above, right at the top.

I doubt it to be honest, Platini hates England with a passion.

Either way, I'm off to the beach now; will reply when I'm back.

Peaceeeee motherfuckersssssss

Ok..have fun at the beach :D

Well...just wanted to say some things. I follow Bluemoon everyday and i can say that there is no chance that City would suddenly fall from the top teams and the old top 4 will rule the prem again. I really mean it..there is no chance. It's a huge longterm project.

The Abu Dhabi group have huge plans for City and it's just not possible that they wouldn't get success. It will take time...but City will improve. As for Mancini...i have started to warm to him. I do think he is the manager to take us forward. After all..he did great job at Inter and he is beginning to show it at City. I think the other fans like you will soon see it. Maybe next season already.

You said earlier that we have the strongest squad. I disagree to be honest, i do think we have great players and found a base in: De Jong, Kompany, Silva, Hart...we have spent alot of mnoey but half of the money we spent is not anymore part of our squad. We also overpaid for alot of players because we could afford to. So the sum we spent is bigger than it's actually worth tbh.

We are lacking the squad depth to compete in all competitions. Thats why there will be like 5-6 additions to the squad. SWP, Jo..players like that still in the 25 man list, are as good as dead to Mancini. Im looking forward to the summer and to see what kind of squad we have for next season.

Dunno about Liverpools future cuz i dont follow them..im sure it's bright. But what i do know is that...the Bluemoon is rising!!!!

The beach?!? It's ******* cold up here! :'(

It's lovely up here!

Ok..have fun at the beach :D

Well...just wanted to say some things. I follow Bluemoon everyday and i can say that there is no chance that City would suddenly fall from the top teams and the old top 4 will rule the prem again. I really mean it..there is no chance. It's a huge longterm project.

The Abu Dhabi group have huge plans for City and it's just not possible that they wouldn't get success. It will take time...but City will improve. As for Mancini...i have started to warm to him. I do think he is the manager to take us forward. After all..he did great job at Inter and he is beginning to show it at City. I think the other fans like you will soon see it. Maybe next season already.

You said earlier that we have the strongest squad. I disagree to be honest, i do think we have great players and found a base in: De Jong, Kompany, Silva, Hart...we have spent alot of mnoey but half of the money we spent is not anymore part of our squad. We also overpaid for alot of players because we could afford to. So the sum we spent is bigger than it's actually worth tbh.

We are lacking the squad depth to compete in all competitions. Thats why there will be like 5-6 additions to the squad. SWP, Jo..players like that still in the 25 man list, are as good as dead to Mancini. Im looking forward to the summer and to see what kind of squad we have for next season.

Dunno about Liverpools future cuz i dont follow them..im sure it's bright. But what i do know is that...the Bluemoon is rising!!!!

That's too long to reply to, but each to his own - I'm sure your owners have huge plans for you :) But trust me, so do ours.

All I do know is that next season is going to be one of the most competitive for a while.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Oh, and for the people that don't want us to qualify for the Europa League next season;

At the moment we are 6th in next year's UEFA Ranking - http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/data/method4/trank2012.html

Given there's a difference of about 12-20 points between a decent Europa League run (15.5 points for us so far this year) and not taking part (3.5 points so far this year) we risk dropping out of the top 10 next year - and therefore not be seeded in the top pot for the CL if we qualified in 2012 - if we do not have a strong Europa League Run next season.

Back