The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Anyhow since it's been a LONG time since I've posted in here, and not really read too much either. Is anyone else dissapointed in not signing a left back AND defensive midfielder?

I think the left back is an obvious one but a holding midfielder is also something we really needed. I cannot watch Jordan Henderson any longer in a Liverpool shirt, whether he plays deep or attacking. I've never seen anything like it in my life! People praise him on his running abilities but if that was the case maybe we should put a bid in for Mo Farah. Terrible technical player with zero passing range.

Anyway, International break doesnt seem as bad as it used to being Welsh, looking forward to seeing if we can push for a World Cup spot to match what was an amazing summer of football from us.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Because I'm skint and stuck in on a Friday night, thought I'd run the rule over Pulisic for the US. (On the bench but hopefully he'll come on.). They're playing at St. Vincent. In a cricket oval! Surrounded by palm trees. Which I just find hilarious.

Caribbean football. PL players don't know they're born.

Last edited:
So this Christian Pulisic kid .....

DROOLING!

Came on after 66 minutes. Scored 4 minutes later. Set up another 6 minutes after that. Added a second for good measure in injury time. First time I've ever seen him in a live game. Don't care if it's against a bunch of Caribbean fishermen and coconut farmers. This kid is a natural and is going to be some player. You just see a guy and you instantly know. His first goal ..... To kill the through ball dead and have the cool composure to put it in the corner ..... At 17 ..... Frightening. Silky skilled. Plays with his head up. Perfect weight of pass. Excellent vision. Quick. Yeah, him out the left where he was today and Mane out the right .....

DROOLING!

That great man, Bill Shankly, whom we owe most everything to as Liverpool supporters, was born 103 years ago today. Of the many Shanklism's, never has one rung more true than for our current manager who just get's this club and this unique City in the same way as the Legendary Scot did when he first arrived in 1959:

'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool'

For any red still having any doubts about where we're headed with the crazy German, and if his way is the right way to achieve those aims, this is a brilliant interview to alleviate them:

Jurgen Klopp: I'm not saying I am the world's best but I'm quite good | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Because I'm skint and stuck in on a Friday night, thought I'd run the rule over Pulisic for the US. (On the bench but hopefully he'll come on.). They're playing at St. Vincent. In a cricket oval! Surrounded by palm trees. Which I just find hilarious.

Caribbean football. PL players don't know they're born.

Try and find a link for it but I still remember the U.S. Team complaining about the stadium in Jamaica absolutely stinking of marijuana

So this Christian Pulisic kid .....

DROOLING!

Came on after 66 minutes. Scored 4 minutes later. Set up another 6 minutes after that. Added a second for good measure in injury time. First time I've ever seen him in a live game. Don't care if it's against a bunch of Caribbean fishermen and coconut farmers. This kid is a natural and is going to be some player. You just see a guy and you instantly know. His first goal ..... To kill the through ball dead and have the cool composure to put it in the corner ..... At 17 ..... Frightening. Silky skilled. Plays with his head up. Perfect weight of pass. Excellent vision. Quick. Yeah, him out the left where he was today and Mane out the right .....

DROOLING!

Incredibly random thing was wikipediaing him and noticed that Pulisic was said to have been at the team, Brackley Town from the English village I lived in for five years just after I left annoyingly, turns out the club was where he really caught the bug for football. The team were in the eighth division at the time and are now in the sixth where I think they have realistically peaked, maybe one more division, but, in all likelyhood someone who played for the club for one year when he was seven and would have been about the last person chosen to play for the club will be the most famous person to ever be a part of the team.

If I had stayed I may well have ended up playing football with or against him, although given how terrible I am it may be a good thing that never happened as I would have been embarrassed.

Why couldn't his parents have stayed so that he could have learned how to take down a long ball and choke at an international tournament before getting hammered by the press?

Try and find a link for it but I still remember the U.S. Team complaining about the stadium in Jamaica absolutely stinking of marijuana

That's brilliant. Like the arl standing Kop. Particular midweek when the haze would just hit yer soon as you got the top the steps haha.

Thats mad that Brackley. Kids a serious talent.

Balotelli agent Raiola labels Liverpool boss Klopp 'a piece of s***' and says: He's not a good coach - Liverpool Echo

Got to love hypocritical ******** football agents.

Klopps a POS. But he's quite happy to send his clients to Utd where Mourinho done the same thing.

Funny how a **** load of money made out of a club gives you selective standards huh gobshite?

Think we'll be dealing with you again anytime soon ..... NOT!
Whoever managed to ship Balotelli and his wages out deserves a pay rise!

They've moved the Shanks Gates the other end of Anny Road/ Kemmy car park. Wondered where they were gonna' put them. Great to see them back up.

CrhrL9_XEAAoGDG.jpg:large

6 more days!

Talking of Saturday .....

Really need to set down a marker for the home season. On and off the park. Anfield needs to be turned into a fortress again. I don't think any L'pool manager in living memory has ever really come out and challenged (and embarrassed) us the way Klopp did last season. (Rightly, as we've let things slip for WAY too long now.). First with the early leavers that Palace game (THAT soon stooped after that haha.). And then after the Villarreal semi when he said about the boss atmosphere but why wouldn't it be like that for Watford the Sat'day and questioned why if you can do it for one why not the other? Which is completely true and to our detriment. Villarreal were visibly beaten before they even entered the stadium that night with the mad ferocity of the scenes outside greeting the coaches. You had Dortmund players saying they'd never heard anything like the last half hour at Anfield, being used to a steady rhythm of noise in Germany but nothing that ferocious and on top of them as when the comeback started. United players looking up the Kop in scared awe as they lined up pre-match, never having experienced Anfield in all it's glory a European night. Legendary Anfield European nights were back in full force last season the longer the tournament rolled. We now need to translate those to the PL. And no better way than starting with the Champions. After a months wait and anticipation. In front of the biggest Anfield crowd in my 36 year match going lifetime. On a Sat'day tea-time.

The arl place should be rocking and I'm confident we'll come out and blitz Leicester comfortably. But it needs to be the same for Hull the next game and the 17 after that to really build this and make teams dread coming to ours again.

Last year, draws were the problem at home. 8 of them. (1-1 x4/ 2-2 x3/ 3-3 x1.). Now the 3-3 with Arsenal and 1-1's with Chelsea and Tottenham you can accept. But the other lost points were ridiculous. We drew with three of the bottom 4 at Anfield. Although there were mitigating circumstances in 2 of those (Sunderland was the walkout and Newcastle we'd started mailing it in playing the U'5's with everything on the Europa League), it still wasn't good enough. Even 2 of the 3 home defeats to West Ham and Palace should never happen. Our home record last season was W 8, D 8, L 3, F33, A22, GD+11, PTS 32. Which equates to 1.68 points a game. Last year in the PL, only 4 teams averaged over 2 points per game at home. Leicester (the only team to average over 2 away from home too- Funny that from the Champions), Arsenal, City and Utd. 4 of last years top 5. If we just turned 3 of those draws against Norwich, Newcastle, Southampton. Sunderland and West Brom into wins we'd of been level with City in 4th place. Thankfully, we now have found where the back of the net is (PL top scorers through 2016 to date) so the signs are more than promising games like Burnley are becoming the abnormality.

Our home record will go a long way toward where we crave to be this season. It's now real fun again to go the match so let's really enjoy ourselves at home like the old days.

Start as we mean to go on Saturday. On AND off the pitch!

Last edited:
That was a massive thing I found when going to Anfield last season. The missus got me tickets the West Ham game for my birthday (LOL).

But before the game, I was telling her how loud the place is and how great it was, and there was nothing worse than hearing her tell me how West Ham were much louder than us on the walk back into the city centre.

Then there was Everton which was amazing, as expected with the derby but what a game to go to! Thanks Scouse!

And thanks again for the Newcastle tickets, although again me and my mate felt like nobs when we started singing and no one joined in. It's as if everyone is too scared to unless the surrounding 500 people around them are!

The bit that angered me the most was the miserable man behind me slagging all our players off all game. His "Can tell these dont often come the game" comment when I moaned about the atmosphere. He probably had a season ticket too. Now that annoys me more than anything.

Hopefully this season will be different!

Back