The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Loving Karius back in full training. (How mad was that training with one gloved hand the other day if people caught that? Another crazy 'keeper ..... YAY us!).

Even talk he could be on the bench Sat'day. What we reckon? Return to action at Derby and then he'll leave him in the team as he bought him to be the #1? Be surprised if he brought him back at Chelsea like.

There's a mooted plan bouncing round to meet the coach which is fast becoming another uniquely 'us' thing in this Country when it comes to support.

Plenty of great scope there with the busses now driving directly into the main stand for that in front. If we got that going like the European games it'd be fantastic.

5:30 PM Kickoff. People with a few ales in them. Waiting a month for the home opener. Biggest Anfield crowd since 1977. And the biggest game outside of Utd or Everton we could open with. The current Champions.

NO excuse for it NOT to be absolutely bouncing.

The meeting the coach is class - but i do worry it may lose its effect if overused.

Certain situations, absolutely! But I personally wouldn't be planning it for most games

The meeting the coach is class - but i do worry it may lose its effect if overused.

Certain situations, absolutely! But I personally wouldn't be planning it for most games

Yeah, I think it's all relative to the occasion. Sat'day opening day, starting as you mean to go on and all that being such an occasion if it transpired like that. You're not always going to get people having the time to get the ground early for one thing. Particularly midweek. Certainly be contrived if anyone else copied it and not as spontaneous as it was the run in 13/14. Think we've boxed off that one haha.

Main thing is to get the atmosphere back inside the ground, and turn those dropped points into wins.

Loving Karius back in full training. (How mad was that training with one gloved hand the other day if people caught that? Another crazy 'keeper ..... YAY us!).

Even talk he could be on the bench Sat'day. What we reckon? Return to action at Derby and then he'll leave him in the team as he bought him to be the #1? Be surprised if he brought him back at Chelsea like.

Did see some pictures, ace wasnt it! I'm just hoping that he's really going to shine because our keeper situation has been horrendous over the last few years haha.

Final tests going on around the ground today. Should receive the safety certificate in hand this afternoon.

Final tests going on around the ground today. Should receive the safety certificate in hand this afternoon.

Gonna' get there early Sat'day and have a good mooch round. Not been down since the rent boy game last game the season.

MASSIVELY changed since then. Really looking forward to seeing the new look Anfield.

Weird being the heartbeat the place the Kop like and having something towering over yer haha. That seems kinda' wrong but your limited to go backwards there shy of building over Walton Breck. Which would be frigging hilarious ..... Could you imagine the blue ***** fume if we had a tunnel under the Kop with the road ala Atletico Madrid? XD. They're already narking about the attention the new Main Stand is getting. (Understand you can't fail but look directly on it from their Main Stand given the height which juts adds to the hilarity.) .

Gonna' get there early Sat'day and have a good mooch round. Not been down since the rent boy game last game the season.

MASSIVELY changed since then. Really looking forward to seeing the new look Anfield.

Weird being the heartbeat the place the Kop like and having something towering over yer haha. That seems kinda' wrong but your limited to go backwards there shy of building over Walton Breck. Which would be frigging hilarious ..... Could you imagine the blue ***** fume if we had a tunnel under the Kop with the road ala Atletico Madrid? XD. They're already narking about the attention the new Main Stand is getting. (Understand you can't fail but look directly on it from their Main Stand given the height which juts adds to the hilarity.) .

Safety certificate passed.

And yeah mate you'll love the stand from the outside. It's ******* massive when you're standing on the ground level with a massive ******* Liverpool badge on the side. Love it.

Then either side is the entrance for the upper tier, with escalators to get you up there, similar to Wembley.

Can't believe what I've just been reading. The wool fume over the local ticket sales raging around has to be read to be believed.

Local people get the chance to watch their local club. Oh what scandal!

Even when the club does right knobheads complain. Not even sure how this 'debate' started but there is NO debate. Complaining that L'pool shouldn't be giving (what's a small percentage. Not that, that matters) tickets to local people ..... Seriously, ******* have a word with yerselves! The club, first and foremost, represents us, the people of the City. You don't get that connection you don't get the City of L'pool and LFC. Credit to L'pool for trying to ensure local kids in particular feel connected to the club and have a chance to watch them. Not be shut out. And yers are moaning that you drive further to go watch a game so shouldn't have these tickets taken off you (not that ANY tickets have been taken off ANYONE) ..... here's a thought ..... Support yer ******* local side bellends!

Wools be ******* wools for a reason.

*Edit* And the above isn't a knock on any none local reds here before someone misconstrues that. Just a frustrated rant at the gobshites spouting ***** around the net at something positive the club has done.

Last edited:
*Edit* And the above isn't a knock on any none local reds here before someone misconstrues that. Just a frustrated rant at the gobshites spouting ***** around the net at something positive the club has done.

Yeah be careful on that front mate. I've been banned for it. XD

I haven't took advantage of the local sales thing yet, but was made up when it was introduced.

Last edited:
Wednesday, May 11. Christian Benteke scores an injury time equaliser in a very sedate end of season 1-1 draw with Chelsea to see out L'pool's home season last year. That was the last time we played at Anfield. Over 4 months ago. We've played 15 straight away games since then in 3 different Countries and 2 different Continents. ****, since then I've personally seen L'pool at Basle/ Tranmere/ Fleetwood/ Mainz/ Arsenal/ Burton and Tottenham. Be great to get back to being able to go town for a few and then up the ground with no travelling.

It's been WAY too long since we came home. Now in front of 54,074 and the behemoth new Main Stand.

2 more days! Can. Not. WAIT!

Wednesday, May 11. Christian Benteke scores an injury time equaliser in a very sedate end of season 1-1 draw with Chelsea to see out L'pool's home season last year. That was the last time we played at Anfield. Over 4 months ago. We've played 15 straight away games since then in 3 different Countries and 2 different Continents. ****, since then I've personally seen L'pool at Basle/ Tranmere/ Fleetwood/ Mainz/ Arsenal/ Burton and Tottenham. Be great to get back to being able to go town for a few and then up the ground with no travelling.

It's been WAY too long since we came home. Now in front of 54,074 and the behemoth new Main Stand.

2 more days! Can. Not. WAIT!

Jealous mate. I've got two jobs to juggle Saturday so won't even catch the highlights until **** knows.

Jealous mate. I've got two jobs to juggle Saturday so won't even catch the highlights until **** knows.

TWO Sat'day jobs? But I thought we are all work shy layabouts going the match through the doley money? Isn't that how the tired and oh so funny stereotype goes around Britain?

TWO Sat'day jobs? But I thought we are all work shy layabouts going the match through the doley money? Isn't that how the tired and oh so funny stereotype goes around Britain?

6 hours at Liverpool, then straight to town for a 12 hr overnight restocking job. So that's 18 hours work before I get to sleep Sunday morning for 8 hours before I'm back in for another 12 hr Sunday night.

But we're all lazy who don't work and go the match using dole money right?!

Little consolation, but I'll raise a glass to yer when we're back in town celebrating the champions elect beating the champions Sat'day night!

Already planning for the future - good to see!

[FONT=&quot]A redevelopment of the Anfield Road End which would see the capacity exceed 60,000 has already been agreed. [/FONT]#lfc[FONT=&quot] (Paul Joyce)[/FONT]

Already planning for the future - good to see!

A redevelopment of the Anfield Road End which would see the capacity exceed 60,000 has already been agreed. #lfc (Paul Joyce)

Telling yer mate. Everything's falling into place for a return to prominence.

And all being built the right and sustainable way.

Back