The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Tra la la la...

Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea away and Leicester home, yet 10 points from first five games.

Great start!

Tension filled second half that should never of been that way but an absolutely boss result. Won't be many if any that go North London and Chelsea and be disappointed to 'only' take 7 from 9, along with absolutely destroying the Champions.

You daring to dream yet lid?

Mighty 'On the March to 19' Reds!

And Chelsea reaction

decf36fd79811337ffd1ce51c9a5c26f.jpg

Plus

52691525ad33c80fa48389991aa03374.jpg

Can't believe we got Matip for free and Chelsea paid 32 mill for David Luiz. XD

Fancy a score draw myself, could be wrong. Should be a class game!

This will be the most interesting game this week. But cant see you walloping them. Seeing draw in this game or maybe CHE will manage to put one more in for 2-1 win.

In everything bar the goal margin, that was a walloping. Of Chelsea. AT Chelsea.

When Conte said before the game L'pool were the very last side he wanted to play right now I do believe it wasn't just words and that he was deadly serious and genuine.

Does anyone STILL not think L'pool are a serious title threat? I don't see one side outside of City that's better. And with full week's to plan and properly train between games, we should be looking at attacking all three domestic trophy's full on this year. Almost as exhilarating as the victory was walking back Earls Court after and overhearing a discussion that had them all in narked agreement when one lad said 'Klopps gonna' bring these Scouse cants back to where they were the '80's.'

I don't know where you start with last night. The performances just keep getting better and better by the game.

Almost the perfect performance bar 10 minutes either side the goal Chelsea got on top. Which you'd expect. It's Chelsea. At home. They're a good side. Years past, ****, last year even, L'pool would of fallen to pieces at 2-1 and not seen that game out. (Seville is STILL fresh in the memory as a glaring recent example.) But not this reds side. This L'pool team fights for each other and backs each other up relentlessly. It was a tense second half purely because there's always the chance they can nick one but you never really felt they would as we didn't concede much of anything. Just like the Arsenal game was to all intents and purposes over as soon as they scored the third and never troubled us the last 20 minutes.

The first half was just stunning from back to front. Wave after wave and Chelsea just had no answer. And this is without our main midfielder Can and Firmino who has quietly developed into one of the best players in this league. Pick a Man of the Match for me from Matip or ANY of the midfield three. Wijnaldum is just getting better and better. Say it again. He's Ronnie Whelan esq in the quiet way he just get's on with doing what needs to be done in all facets. Lallana moved into midfield has just been a masterstroke. He's been outstanding this year and it's carried over to a MOTM performance for England. And Henderson to his credit has put together three back-to-back fantastic games ...... And THAT goal. WOW! After Mane winning Augusts, that's September's Goal of the Month boxed off already. Our previous Captain used to do things like that to inspire the team. Just saying. Right now, theres NO WAY Emre Can get's back in that midfield. And most reds would tell you he's the best midfielder we have. Hopefully Tuesday FINALLY sees the end of Mingolet and strengthens us even further. His distribution again was woeful. And Divock lad, you HAVE to burry that header. But that's being pernickety. They were ALL outstanding.

For 70 minutes or so of that game Chelsea couldn't live with the reds. Just like 'Spurs couldn't. Just like Arsenal couldn't. And just like the Champions of England couldn't. Burnley is the outlier and the complete anomaly to how this side is playing and growing by the game. And even then that was just frustrating rather than annoying as 9 times out of 10 you don't lose a game like that you dominate to such an extent. Been saying it since the first day of pre-season and more reds have been starting to believe the longer the summer went on. Now after navigating the toughest schedule of anyone the first 5, the bookies and the rest of the Country are finally starting to take this L'pool side seriously. Statement of intent. Our marker is down and we're in this to win it!

Oh yeah, our best player, Daniel Sturridge, hasn't scored as yet the PL. And we've done that to London's finest and the Champions without his goals.

These Reds, Kloppo's Reds, are f-ing mustard and you just can't get enough. Is it Tuesday night already?!!!!!

Last edited:
In everything bar the goal margin, that was a walloping. Of Chelsea. AT Chelsea.

When Conte said before the game L'pool were the very last side he wanted to play right now I do believe it wasn't just words and that he was deadly serious and genuine.

Does anyone STILL not think L'pool are a serious title threat? I don't see one side outside of City that's better. And with full week's to plan and properly train between games, we should be looking at attacking all three domestic trophy's full on this year. Almost as exhilarating as the victory was walking back Earls Court after and overhearing a discussion that had them all in narked agreement when one lad said 'Klopps gonna' bring these Scouse cants back to where they were the '80's.'

I don't know where you start with last night. The performances just keep getting better and better by the game.

Almost the perfect performance bar 10 minutes either side the goal Chelsea got on top. Which you'd expect. It's Chelsea. At home. They're a good side. Years past, ****, last year even, L'pool would of fallen to pieces at 2-1 and not seen that game out. (Seville is STILL fresh in the memory as a glaring recent example.) But not this reds side. This L'pool team fights for each other and backs each other up relentlessly. It was a tense second half purely because there's always the chance they can nick one but you never really felt they would as we didn't concede much of anything. Just like the Arsenal game was to all intents and purposes over as soon as they scored the third and never troubled us the last 20 minutes.

The first half was just stunning from back to front. Wave after wave and Chelsea just had no answer. And this is without our main midfielder Can and Firmino who has quietly developed into one of the best players in this league. Pick a Man of the Match for me from Matip or ANY of the midfield three. Wijnaldum is just getting better and better. Say it again. He's Ronnie Whelan esq in the quiet way he just get's on with doing what needs to be done in all facets. Lallana moved into midfield has just been a masterstroke. He's been outstanding this year and it's carried over to a MOTM performance for England. And Henderson to his credit has put together three back-to-back fantastic games ...... And THAT goal. WOW! After Mane winning Augusts, that's September's Goal of the Month boxed off already. Our previous Captain used to do things like that to inspire the team. Just saying. Right now, theres NO WAY Emre Can get's back in that midfield. And most reds would tell you he's the best midfielder we have. Hopefully Tuesday FINALLY sees the end of Mingolet and strengthens us even further. His distribution again was woeful. And Divock lad, you HAVE to burry that header. But that's being pernickety. They were ALL outstanding.

For 70 minutes or so of that game Chelsea couldn't live with the reds. Just like 'Spurs couldn't. Just like Arsenal couldn't. And just like the Champions of England couldn't. Burnley is the outlier and the complete anomaly to how this side is playing and growing by the game. And even then that was just frustrating rather than annoying as 9 times out of 10 you don't lose a game like that you dominate to such an extent. Been saying it since the first day of pre-season and more reds have been starting to believe the longer the summer went on. Now after navigating the toughest schedule of anyone the first 5, the bookies and the rest of the Country are finally starting to take this L'pool side seriously. Statement of intent. Our marker is down and we're in this to win it!

Oh yeah, our best player, Daniel Sturridge, hasn't scored as yet the PL. And we've done that to London's finest and the Champions without his goals.

These Reds, Kloppo's Reds, are f-ing mustard and you just can't get enough. Is it Tuesday night already?!!!!!

There is no doubt that going forward you are very dangerous, the key will be how consistent you remain. If you can find consistency you'll be up there. Teams usually get better defensively as the season goes on.

There is no doubt that going forward you are very dangerous, the key will be how consistent you remain. If you can find consistency you'll be up there. Teams usually get better defensively as the season goes on.

Pretty much covers every team the league. City included who are the only other standouts thus far.

Pretty much covers every team the league. City included who are the only other standouts thus far.

I've not seen many games so far tbh, although from what I have seen your attacking play is pretty impressive. If you remain consistent there is no reason why you can't challenge. I've only seen match of the day twice but it seems when the play gets broken you are extremely dangerous. I'm actually quite excited to see you and city play each other with neither probably taking a backwards step could be one of the matches of the season

I've not seen many games so far tbh, although from what I have seen your attacking play is pretty impressive. If you remain consistent there is no reason why you can't challenge. I've only seen match of the day twice but it seems when the play gets broken you are extremely dangerous. I'm actually quite excited to see you and city play each other with neither probably taking a backwards step could be one of the matches of the season

Last game of 2016 for both. Anfield. 31st December. Should be an absolute late Christmas cracker. Noted it a page or so back watching the Gladbach game through the week but Pep and Klopp are setting up and playing almost identical this year. (A few subtle differences from both aside.). Which intrigues me being that's the two that's come from the Bundesliga.

Last game of 2016 for both. Anfield. 31st December. Should be an absolute late Christmas cracker. Noted it a page or so back watching the Gladbach game through the week but Pep and Klopp are setting up and playing almost identical this year. (A few subtle differences from both aside.). Which intrigues me being that's the two that's come from the Bundesliga.

Just not seen enough football this season to make a fair assessment either way mate, moved house and pretty much relying on my phones 4G Internet so don't want to stream on it really. Besides been working too much too. Hopefully I'll be up and running by Christmas to watch more games, I'm not much of a pub watcher I like to sit and properly watch the game

Just not seen enough football this season to make a fair assessment either way mate, moved house and pretty much relying on my phones 4G Internet so don't want to stream on it really. Besides been working too much too. Hopefully I'll be up and running by Christmas to watch more games, I'm not much of a pub watcher I like to sit and properly watch the game

You'll love the new camera angle for games at Anfield. The height they're at the new stand, you get to see almost all the pitch every frame. Perfect for the analytical minds among us. The players are further away which is different like, but the overall TV perspective is far better IMO.

You'll love the new camera angle for games at Anfield. The height they're at the new stand, you get to see almost all the pitch every frame. Perfect for the analytical minds among us. The players are further away which is different like, but the overall TV perspective is far better IMO.

I'll hope to check it out soon, sounds good. That's the problem these days to many people ball watch you need to see the bigger picture to see what's going on

It'll be the defense for them that decides it. Already shipped 8 in a little changed side (4th worst).

Going forward they look great constant threat, pace, power, movement - joy to watch.

Could easy break into the top 4 comfortably this year, but title? nah, not for me yet (sorry, Scouse) not enough strength or depth in the overall squad, and not a title winning back 4 (big fan of Clyne/Matip (steal) but the other 2/3 (Mignolet urgh) nah, Lovren/Milner wouldn't be in any other top 4 side as they are.

That being said, **** they are fun to watch.

It'll be the defense for them that decides it. Already shipped 8 in a little changed side (4th worst).

Going forward they look great constant threat, pace, power, movement - joy to watch.

Could easy break into the top 4 comfortably this year, but title? nah, not for me yet (sorry, Scouse) not enough strength or depth in the overall squad, and not a title winning back 4 (big fan of Clyne/Matip (steal) but the other 2/3 (Mignolet urgh) nah, Lovren/Milner wouldn't be in any other top 4 side as they are.

That being said, **** they are fun to watch.

Smiles. We relish the challenge. And make NO mistake. This side is RIGHT up there among any of the serious challengers.

Again, to date, and we can only go on what we've seen thus far this year, IMHO I don't see one side better than L'pool outside of City. Who are the most serious looking football side of the lot.

Will it ultimately lead to silverware this year? Time will out on that. City will take some toppling. But it won't be for the lack of trying. I don't think you'll see a side dominate in this current era like '70's/ '80's L'pool did or '90's/ 00's Utd matched. But this L'pool, Klopp's L'pool, is right back in that top echelon conversation again and is being built to sustainably stay there.

And most importantly as a fan, as you so 'eloquently' noted, haha, '**** are they fun to watch.'

Tuesday and the next game just can't come quick enough.

Start Christian Pulisic the last 2 games-

BVB score 6 in each game, with the kid scoring and setting up 4 more.

Coincidence?

Back