The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
never seen him but i know you are a big fan and bvb have played really well every time i have seen them but will he not go to bayern if hes any good that how it works is it not

Sadly more often not which is why you struggle to give Bayern the praise they probably deserve.

But wherever he ends up he's looking more and more like he'll be the first true American superstar. He has it all and he's so mature for 17 it's frightening.

Could be the one to take the game on to the next level out there with the others coming through his age group too the National side. (I have too many American friends that bang on about the likes of Pulisic and Bobby Wood now playing and scoring the Bundesliga too so I know more than I should about the American game lol.).

Just not seen enough football this season to make a fair assessment either way mate, moved house and pretty much relying on my phones 4G Internet so don't want to stream on it really. Besides been working too much too. Hopefully I'll be up and running by Christmas to watch more games, I'm not much of a pub watcher I like to sit and properly watch the game
It's too early to tell anything though City/Chelsea have been the best team so far. Chelsea were unlucky not to draw yeaterday. Watched it later after a drunken night. Liverpool had a good defensive counter press and were quite good in the first half. Henderson's strike destroyed xG. Was a 50/50 game. I think top 4 at most.

There are many teams which will improve. City could have improved before the matchday and seemed to hit close to top form today. We had our best game of the season vs Hull and hit xG target as well. It all depends on how Liverpool dig in when not playing well

Nice of MOTD to pick out Wijnaldum. Can't bang on about him enough.

Telling yer. Ronnie Whelan esq. People will only realise just what he does when he's not in the side. Real good start to his L'pool career thus far.

haha nice to see you changed your mind about him

Being as I've been banging on about him here I think you're mistaking me for someone else. I think I described him as my favourite signing the summer when we bought him. (Mane has changed that somewhat with his brilliance haha.).

Wasn't sure of what his role was pre-season and the opener against Arsenal, as good as he played that game. And he looked a little lost Burnley. But ever since he's been superb. Just simply keeps everything ticking over. And get's forward fantastically well.

Being as I've been banging on about him here I think you're mistaking me for someone else. I think I described him as my favourite signing the summer when we bought him. (Mane has changed that somewhat with his brilliance haha.).

Wasn't sure of what his role was pre-season and the opener against Arsenal, as good as he played that game. And he looked a little lost Burnley. But ever since he's been superb. Just simply keeps everything ticking over. And get's forward fantastically well.
Was watching him more closely against chelski and was impressed with him. He's job in team for me is to transition defense to attack as quickly as possible, he links up play very well. He still needs to put in a shift defensively but he done that quite well against chelsea. Still early days but he is winning me over.

Last edited:
It's too early to tell anything though City/Chelsea have been the best team so far. Chelsea were unlucky not to draw yeaterday. Watched it later after a drunken night. Liverpool had a good defensive counter press and were quite good in the first half. Henderson's strike destroyed xG. Was a 50/50 game. I think top 4 at most.

There are many teams which will improve. City could have improved before the matchday and seemed to hit close to top form today. We had our best game of the season vs Hull and hit xG target as well. It all depends on how Liverpool dig in when not playing well

Teams will no doubt improve but like I say not seen enough football this season yet for me to comment

I do like Wijnaldum as a player. The only gripe about the signing is that Liverpool are a bit attacking midfield heavy when you could do with a more defensive minder midfielder. Mane is the only attacker that provides width. You already have Coutinho, Lallana and Firmino. He's a good all round attacking midfielder and has a decent scoring record.

Tension filled second half that should never of been that way but an absolutely boss result. Won't be many if any that go North London and Chelsea and be disappointed to 'only' take 7 from 9, along with absolutely destroying the Champions.

You daring to dream yet lid?

Mighty 'On the March to 19' Reds!

Late reply I know, but not just yet!

As mentioned a few times, it's the games against Hull and Swansea that will say alot more - against the bigger sides we seem to always turn up. haha.

Late reply I know, but not just yet!

As mentioned a few times, it's the games against Hull and Swansea that will say alot more - against the bigger sides we seem to always turn up. haha.

I understand your fears of playing the lesser teams, so I'll check back in with you after the Utd game. ;).

Fair to say after all the stick I've give him recently Jordan Henderson has been superb in our last two matches. Thats even without the goal, what a hit that was!

Also loving Lallana as a centre midfielder. He's brilliant on the ball and with his energy and creativity and the tireless nature of his game, he really adds what we've lacked in that midfield. To think Emre Can is also to come back in there at some point too is ace.

If we can iron out the crappy results against the teams were expected to beat, then theres no reason why we wont make top four at all, and on an ordinary season title challenge, but I think City are looking like they're going to walk it this year, they're playing some amazing stuff!

Our best start to a season in 8 years. Having by far and away the toughest schedule of any side.

That was the season we finished second under Rafa when he (or more likely player power) waited too late to the second half of the season to open it up and let the players just play and attack. Unfortunately, as exhilarating as the attacking play that second half the year was, Ronaldo chose to be even more inspirational (again!) at Utd to just pip us by 4 points.

Keep it going Red Men and go one better this year!

Last edited:
What do we reckon on changes tomorrow?

Outside of the obvious Karius and Can, if he's fit enough, maybe Grujic and Origi? Lucas at the back or Moreno a getting tick over? Shouldn't be any more tops than that. Everyones fresh and flying. 4 days after the last game. 4 days until the next. No need to make many changes or rest for the sake of it. With the strength and ceiling of this group, we should be going full pelt for all three domestic trophy's this year.

The only way the manager knows

*Edit* Thinking about it, I wouldn't change the back 4 at all with Karius. Let them all develop relationships together. So maybe Can, Grujic and Origi along with Karius.

Last edited:
Fair to say after all the stick I've give him recently Jordan Henderson has been superb in our last two matches. Thats even without the goal, what a hit that was!

Justified though mate. He's gone quiet past season or so after the injury.

Justified though mate. He's gone quiet past season or so after the injury.

He was absolute ***** the first 2 games the season outside the last 20 at Arsenal but he's really upped his game the last 3.

He needs to stay at this level. The captain needs to be a consistent 7 out of 10 and not dipping back to bang average.

No Danny Ings in tonight's 6-2 U-23's win at Tottenham. Which hopefully will lead to him getting a decent half hour or so off the bench tomorrow along with Origi getting a good 90 minutes. Wouldn't do Origi bad at all to know Ings is pushing for his impact role off the bench and that he needs to up his game. Interesting that Kev Stewart played the full game tonight as he's been coming on late boxing things off the league. Would of thought he'd be on the bench tomorrow but I guess not.

Back