The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Pretty sure they offered him an extension this summer but I may be wrong. (Pulisic.).

But hey, that's the game and the risk you take. City can afford to drop £37 million on a Sane or £30 plus on a Gabriel Jesus who may only play 10-15 games this year. Fair play to them but we can't so we wait. If we get neither, they'll be others on his list nobody's ever heard of here like a Grujic.

It's hard to properly envisage for some as it's just the start of the cycle but I like the principle of it greatly.

Principle is sound, but Liverpool can't afford for the execution to fail, less room for error here that at Dortmund. Dahoud is a target you can't really afford to miss. Pulisic less so.

Principle is sound, but Liverpool can't afford for the execution to fail, less room for error here that at Dortmund. Dahoud is a target you can't really afford to miss. Pulisic less so.

Be very interesting to see if he adds a DoF that he trusts.

He naturally knows the German market intimately and someone like Grujic got done that fast that he would patently of been a target for Dortmund had he still been there. But on a wider scale it'll be interesting to see how this fully evolves and whether someone comes in like the Dortmund model.

Last edited:
Be very interesting to see if he adds a DoF that he trusts.

He naturally knows the German market intimately and someone like Grujic got down that fast that he would patently of been a target for Dortmund had he still been there. But on a wider scale it'll be interesting to see how this fully evolves and whether someone comes in like the Dortmund model.

Dortmund worked so well because he had a Director and Chief scout who he left to run it. Subotic is pretty much the only major target at dortmund he picked out himself, thats how good the system was.

Although it's annoying for fans it was a real good job that match was called off. That storm and the system was particularly violent, even spawning a tornado in Sheffield. Going by the pictures and footage, it would have been far too risky for the match to go ahead

Although it's annoying for fans it was a real good job that match was called off. That storm and the system was particularly violent, even spawning a tornado in Sheffield. Going by the pictures and footage, it would have been far too risky for the match to go ahead
Yeah definitely. A mate of mine was at Utd vs Villareal in the youth euro championship. And he said he can't believe it went ahead. The thunder, lightning even the rain was horrendous. I watched it on TV and it looked bad, even put out the floodlights and delayed kick off for an hour.

Scheduled for tonight.

Presumably you have it?

As Dahoud was in the starting XI last night, he hopefully will be again tonight so it'll be worth the watch.

Bonus for anyone that can name the last time Borrusia Monchengladbach had a game called off through rain in England and played it 24 hours later?

I was at Leeds last night it was a mental storm

Tuesday mate, what do I win?

Nottin' as you even got the day wrong smart Alec!

I was hoping a fellow Red would step up, but it was the first leg of the 1973 UEFA Cup Final at Anfield between L'pool and Monchengladbach. Called off 27 minutes in after the pitch was deemed unplayable down to the rain. Replayed the next night on the Thursday with L'pool winning 3-0 after Shankly had seen enough the previous night that the Germans were weak in the air to switch out Bryan Hall for the arial prowess of John Toshack. Who set up two Keegan goals with his head. Borrusia won 2-0 at home but it wasn't enough to stop L'pool winning their first European trophy.

Christian Pulisic starts for Dortmund tonight in Warsaw.

Mahmoud Dahoud starts for Monchengladbach tonight for City.

Which game to watch? Decisions, decisions.

God. I can barely concentrate on 1 game let alone 2!

Sat'day I spent most the game just looking over the new gigantic main stand in awe. Seriously. XD.
lol saw the game on tv look really nice plus were the tv guy sit you could see all the game

Christian Pulisic starts for Dortmund tonight in Warsaw.

Mahmoud Dahoud starts for Monchengladbach tonight for City.

Which game to watch? Decisions, decisions.

I'd rather drink bleach than watch polish club football. Hope that helps.

I'd rather drink bleach than watch polish club football. Hope that helps.

Haha. Went with the Citeh game.

Complete control. What is stainding out is how alike Guardiola's City are to Klopps L'pool. Interesting that two managers coming into the Premier League from the Bundesliga are playing ostensibly exactly the same. Neither are bothered with a traditional DM. Both preferring the whole team to be accountable for that. Fernandinho is a better pivot than Henderson but neither is out of the Hamann/ Makelele mould. Then you have a bunch of number 10 quality players playing in between the lines ahead of the deeper man rather than traditional central midfielders. Without a number 10 in either side in that role It's like they've realised that the defending is that ***** here, the more skilled players that can create and score you can get in there to break forward, like Wijnaldum, Lallana, Silva, De Bruyne etc, the better chance you have of success. Then there's the passing and interchanging with players popping up all over the field. But it's not hap hazard. It's by design and so fluid from both sides.

Gonna' be one **** of a game when both meet the last game of 2016 if everyones on form.

*Edit* Nottin' to report on Dahoud as City completely and utterly bossed the game from start to finish. At 3-0 Gladbach just stopped even trying. Nobody came out with much of any credit from the visitors. Waisted watch. Shrugs.

Last edited:
Not often you're looking forward to going down Chelsea but I seriously think we'll wallop them tomorrow. I just don't see how they cope with our attacking 5/6 and that pace from all over. Even less so if Ivanovic continues at RB. If he does, and Mane switches, he'll massacre him and Cahill. Just a pity Terry's not back there lumbering around to add to that lack of pace they have.

The interesting one is whether he switches out Sturridge for Coutinho. I certainly wouldn't given that's Daniels best 'team' game he's had in ages. He finally seemed to accept the team first role against Leicester and some of his movement and interplay was superb. As was his work rate. Him terrorising the middle of that Chelsea defence could really pay off with the support bombing on from behind him. Probably bring Lovren back in to handle the physical side of Costa. Although I wouldn't be worried if Lucas played given the very good game he had Sat'day. The one off mistake aside. He certainly wouldn't get drawn into the snide game which is Costa's MO. I'd still defo bring in Karius but I can see him waiting until Derby Tuesday.

Go at these from the get go and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be looking at another decent goal return to give Conte his belated 'Welcome to the Premier League' against the first real side of note he's faced.

Fancy a score draw myself, could be wrong. Should be a class game!

Back