The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not often you're looking forward to going down Chelsea but I seriously think we'll wallop them tomorrow. I just don't see how they cope with our attacking 5/6 and that pace from all over. Even less so if Ivanovic continues at RB. If he does, and Mane switches, he'll massacre him and Cahill. Just a pity Terry's not back there lumbering around to add to that lack of pace they have.

The interesting one is whether he switches out Sturridge for Coutinho. I certainly wouldn't given that's Daniels best 'team' game he's had in ages. He finally seemed to accept the team first role against Leicester and some of his movement and interplay was superb. As was his work rate. Him terrorising the middle of that Chelsea defence could really pay off with the support bombing on from behind him. Probably bring Lovren back in to handle the physical side of Costa. Although I wouldn't be worried if Lucas played given the very good game he had Sat'day. The one off mistake aside. He certainly wouldn't get drawn into the snide game which is Costa's MO. I'd still defo bring in Karius but I can see him waiting until Derby Tuesday.

Go at these from the get go and I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be looking at another decent goal return to give Conte his belated 'Welcome to the Premier League' against the first real side of note he's faced.
Dont change a winning team. As simple as that imo.

Fancy a score draw myself, could be wrong. Should be a class game!

Happily take that along with wins against Swansea and Hull. 10 points out of 12 and progression in the league cup will be sound for this block of games and set everything up great for Utd the first game after the next International break.

Half an hour left of a half work day. Then a train. An overnight in London as the last train back is 9:10 PM. So not home until dinner time tomorrow. All time, holidays and extra expense there's absolutely NO need for. But since when did Sky care about the paying football supporter?

This is something that seriously needs addressing along with the continued ticketing problem. With supporters groups needing to really keep the pressure on over kick-off times and days. Friday night games should be local affairs. PERIOD! Having Southampton travel up to Manchester and now L'pool going the length the Country the opposite direction is an absolute disgrace.

So spare a thought for Liverpudlians tonight as you're enjoying the TV spectacle with Sky patting themselves on the back how 'great' they are.

Firmino slight injury so wont be starting... Shame, but Coutinho-Mane-Sturridge it is then!

Nice to have a bit of depth for once.

Real pity about Firmino for your lot, he's been fantastic, and offers something different to the players starting the game.

Mostly pitiful to my Fantasy Football

This is the kind of goal where Liverpool fans on the stadium should just take their pants off and wave their dicks to celebrate. Watching live when that beauty goes in, how do you not do this? Totally worth even a lifetime ban.

145f192bf6ea0a92848fd0eeb97bd1b5.jpg

Reaction to Henderson's goal.

Lucas for wijnaldum or lallana and hendo upfront would be a good sub.

Edit: because we are a manager forum after all.

Last edited:
This is the kind of goal where Liverpool fans on the stadium should just take their pants off and wave their dicks to celebrate. Watching live when that beauty goes in, how do you not do this? Totally worth even a lifetime ban.

Someone is a fan of dicks out for harambe

Tra la la la...

Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea away and Leicester home, yet 10 points from first five games.

Great start!

Super result, now let's see how they'll fare against Hull next weekend, as they defend every bit as deep as Burnley if not more, and then away to Swansea the following week. These are the type of games that will define Liverpool's season, not the big games.

Back