The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Forget waiting until the summer. I've seen enough. Go offer Dortmund £15/20 million for Pulisic in January. He's resisting extending beyond 2019 like BVB want. Test their resolve.

He's just taken the **** out of Madrid. Came on with 18 yo go at 1-2 down. Constantly ripped Danilo and Ramos inside him to shreds. Couple of great balls in. Had a great shot saved after he blasted Ramos. Then he set's up the equaliser.

This kid is the REAL deal. Already. At 18. **** of a talent.
Came here to write the same thing more or less.

Forget waiting until the summer. I've seen enough. Go offer Dortmund £15/20 million for Pulisic in January. He's resisting extending beyond 2019 like BVB want. Test their resolve.

He's just taken the **** out of Madrid. MADRID! In front of 65 plus thousand on the biggest stage of all. Came on with 18 to go at 1-2 down. Constantly ripped Danilo and Ramos inside him to shreds. Couple of great balls in. Had a great shot saved after he beasted Ramos. Then he set's up the equaliser.

This kid is the REAL deal. Already. At 18. **** of a talent.
the kid is the real deal thay may be few after him now

the kid is the real deal thay may be few after him now

No doubt. No wonder Dortmund are trying hard to get him to extend his initial 5 year contract which runs through 2019 to bump his money up.

Ridiculous talent they have on their hands.

No doubt. No wonder Dortmund are trying hard to get him to extend his initial 5 year contract which runs through 2019 to bump his money up.

Ridiculous talent they have on their hands.
thay have a few very good young players was pulisic there when the mad german was there?

thay have a few very good young players was pulisic there when the mad german was there?

Yup. He signed at 16 when Klopp was in charge.

Not got a clue what if any the relationship was. But it's Klopp so you just know he'd of welcomed him warmly and taken a keen interest. Apparently got bumped up to train with the first team through the winter break at still 16 too under Jurgen.

Yup. He signed at 16 when Klopp was in charge.

Not got a clue what if any the relationship was. But it's Klopp so you just know he'd of welcomed him warmly and taken a keen interest. Apparently got bumped up to train with the first team through the winter break at still 16 too under Jurgen.
well if there is any 1 to bring young talent up its klopp so may just swing it if you do make a bid

Just got through watching the U-23's against Wolfsburg in the PL International Cup. For no other reason than it was Sakho's return finally.

He was perfect. As he should be at this level. Imperious at the back. Organising and talking constantly alongside Illori. Great distribution. And almost won the game the last minute grazing the post from a header. After recent events a massive about turn in professionalism from him. Here's hoping he now continues in that vein.

As for the game, Wolfsburg nicked it 2-1 in injury time when the young lads switched off from a short corner. Which was a shame as they pretty much completely dominated after they settled 15/20 minutes in. A harsh if good lesson in their continued development in Europe. (Or at any level come to that.). If you don't take your chances when well on top, you invariably get punished.

That's football.

Last edited:
For all the great good Klopp does, you then have the lying American ****wit in Boston continuing to treat you with the utmost contempt:

Liverpool reassesses further Anfield expansion after protest

Henry: 'I don't know if there is a next step because ticket prices are an issue in England. That may foreclose further expansion.'

Henry: Klopp 'perfect fit for culture of the club, for the supporters'- Those same supporters/ culture who said 'enough is ******* enough' and stood up and defeated you on ticket prices that still narks the living **** out of yer! 'I didn't get what I wanted so I'm taking my bat and ball home!'

Aside from being highly ****ing disingenuous and insulting to his fanbase because we stood up to him and he din't get his own way to rob us blind, NONE of that stacks up financially and goes against everything they've said during the redevelopment on the new stand adding more fan opportunity and bringing in more revenue. £2- 3 million they lost out on with the reduced tickets. And that's stopping the extra build of £10's of millions? Do we look like ****ing idiots to you Henry? The truth of the matter is more to the point that there's little scope for adding corporate/ hospitality seats in the proposed Anny Road development. (The outline plans are for 4,800 extra seats. Key word there being 'outline' permission. IE, they were never committed to it to begin with.). So they can't see the point in investing what they won't make back on it unlike the new Main Stand that pays for itself within 5 years with all the new corporate revenue. To blame fan protest is non-sensensical and beyond the pale.

Talk about sending you to bed ****ing seething.

You insulting, lying, disrespectful sack of s*** Henry.

Last edited:
For all the great good Klopp does, you then have the lying American ****wit in Boston continuing to treat you with the utmost contempt:

Liverpool reassesses further Anfield expansion after protest

Henry: 'I don't know if there is a next step because ticket prices are an issue in England. That may foreclose further expansion.'

Henry: Klopp 'perfect fit for culture of the club, for the supporters'- Those same supporters/ culture who said 'enough is ******* enough' and stood up and defeated you on ticket prices that still narks the living **** out of yer! 'I didn't get what I wanted so I'm taking my bat and ball home!'

Aside from being highly ****ing disingenuous and insulting to his fanbase because we stood up to him and he din't get his own way to rob us blind, NONE of that stacks up financially and goes against everything they've said during the redevelopment on the new stand adding more fan opportunity and bringing in more revenue. £2- 3 million they lost out on with the reduced tickets. And that's stopping the extra build of £10's of millions? Do we look like ****ing idiots to you Henry? The truth of the matter is more to the point that there's little scope for adding corporate/ hospitality seats in the proposed Anny Road development. (The outline plans are for 4,800 extra seats. Key word there being 'outline' permission. IE, they were never committed to it to begin with.). So they can't see the point in investing what they won't make back on it unlike the new Main Stand that pays for itself within 5 years with all the new corporate revenue. To blame fan protest is non-sensensical and beyond the pale.

Talk about sending you to bed ****ing seething.

You insulting, lying, disrespectful sack of s*** Henry.
Be careful what you wish for scousey. Apart from the ticket fiasco which could have been handled better, it being not just an LFC problem but a problem in football generally. FSG have been good owners who have supported all the managers they've had and considering the amount of god awful owners out there we've had it quite good.

Be careful what you wish for scousey. Apart from the ticket fiasco which could have been handled better, it being not just an LFC problem but a problem in football generally. FSG have been good owners who have supported all the managers they've had and considering the amount of god awful owners out there we've had it quite good.

Well there's a separate argument to be had their that if you look at both annual accounts/ reports, Boston's 'money ball' style has been using LFC to fund the Red Sox. But that doesn't bother me here. What disturbs me is the completely disingenuous way Henry is insulting both fan intelligence and integrity. He sits there in his American cocoon throwing out B/S like this and further distances himself from a fanbase he has **** poor relations with to start with.

FSG, and in the main Henry as he's at issue here, are completely tone deaf. They say all the right things about the fans after they tried the price hike and subsequent protests that had them backing down. But it's all (shock horror) for aesthetic appeasement. They talk a good game on the fan wonderful culture in Liverpool and the unique bond with the club. But it's mainly just a selling point for them for the corporate high rollers where the real money is. He's sitting on a complete cash cow. With a Worldwide fanbase buoyed by the perfect manager giving everyone serious belief he's the one to finally take us back to where we so crave to be. In a position where he could expand further off the back of his annual profits to continue to grow his product. Or not as he apparently values the bottom line $ lack of profit in expanding further under the current proposals. But DON'T try flip that onto the very fabric of your business. The supporters. Don't use a minuscule, in reality, lack of profit from the obscene price hike you failed in forcing upon us and put that out there as some legit reason for holding further expansion back because you've failed to properly market your high end seats that are struggling to sell quick already. (The amount of 'new' season ticket seats out of the 8,000, or complete lack thereof as a conservative estimate has a good two thirds at least being corporate seats, is another related issue to the complete lack of care to fanbase.).

It's a complete insult to both our intelligence and our integrity. And further distances himself when relations are at an almost nonexistent point to begin with.

I'll defend FSG on a lot of the good they have done their time here. But the continued disdain for the support is indefensible.

Last edited:
Shanks would of been 103 today.

Kind of think he'd of loved Jurgen and the effect his similar charisma and ideals has on everyone had he been around to see him.

Last edited:
**** has frozen over! Impending Armageddon is upon us! ..... The arch Utd man Paul Scholes has publicly said he could see L'pool winning the league!

[video=youtube;Q1uXRUz19tw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1uXRUz19tw[/video]

Gutted to be missing Swansea tomorrow through a combination of finances and committing to something tea-time. But loving the fact that I am so gutted. It's like the good old days again when you just can't wait for the next game as opposed to going downbeat like it was some sort of chore just because going the match is something you've always done. Can't thank the crazy German enough for returning that excitement.

Honestly anticipating another 4/5 licking of Swansea tomorrow dinner alla last Sat'day. That football club is in turmoil under the new owners and making one bad decision after another. Not least in the manager's seat and what looks like it could well be Guidolin's last game. A man who should never of been appointed this first place. For as well as Swansea played until the dubious penalty set City clear last weekend, most every other game they've apparently become exceptionally dour under him and gone away from everything that's made them such a rags to riches success story. Bad football. Players played out of position. No shape. System's changing. Compounded by the whole running of the club going **** up. Didn't have them as quite a knocking bet to drop pre-season but I sure as heck do now.

Liberty record set straight and the next comfortable victory for these goal hungry Reds.

Last edited:
Back