The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
At least we know De Gea can play Super man, would you bet your bottom quid on Karius to have a stormer & protect your porous backline? :P .....

FAR more than Mingolet. We know relatively little about him in this league but he's a MASSIVE upgrade regardless by the mere virtue that he's not the Belgium bufoon!

Things can change obviously with another months work but I don't see anything in your midfield or attack to worry us or stop/ counter us. The only concern that's always in the back of your mind is it's United and we've had way too many games that we've completely dominated and you've nicked. Last year a recent glaring example.

Lets go with quietly optimistic we'll do you 2 or 3 the way we're flying but with the caution of its United and anything can happen.

Last edited:
I like your signings and think you can make the top 4 but a title challenge is unlikely. I'm not convinced with some defensive personnel and a lack of a dominant midfield player. The 9 conceded is a big worry.

Picking ****** stats again. Let's ignore the fact none of these teams actually beat us but moan about the amount of goals we conceded.

Picking ****** stats again. Let's ignore the fact none of these teams actually beat us but moan about the amount of goals we conceded.
fair point with the 9 goals you let in but when you have allso scored 16 over the same games who gives a **** you score more than them you win end of just picking holes dont worry i think kloop will sort the def out given time

Looking back at my recent posts my spelling and grammar is shocking. Apologies people I think it's tiredness.

Looking back at my recent posts my spelling and grammar is shocking. Apologies people I think it's tiredness.

Get Bamber Gascogne here. Goes to Uni and thinks he's all smart and **** haha.

I know the streets yuse are off lid. Yers are just still bevvied from celebrating yesterday. Admit it!

fair point with the 9 goals you let in but when you have allso scored 16 over the same games who gives a **** you score more than them you win end of just picking holes dont worry i think kloop will sort the def out given time
My point is that the scoring is a little unsustainable. There are times in a title winning season where you have to dig in.

My point is that the scoring is a little unsustainable. There are times in a title winning season where you have to dig in.
i know that was your point and its a fair point but like i said give klopp more time with the def and thay will be fine

i know that was your point and its a fair point but like i said give klopp more time with the def and thay will be fine
That's the point. The season has just started and Klopp hasn't been there for a year. There are also quite a few better sides. I don't think that it's realistic to believe that Liverpool can push for the title till the very end. Got a shot at top 4 though.

That's the point. The season has just started and Klopp hasn't been there for a year. There are also quite a few better sides. I don't think that it's realistic to believe that Liverpool can push for the title till the very end. Got a shot at top 4 though.
wind you neck thay have a shot at top 4 plz thay have more than just a shot as you put it

FAR more than Mingolet. We know relatively little about him in this league but he's a MASSIVE upgrade regardless by the mere virtue that he's not the Belgium bufoon!

Things can change obviously with another months work but I don't see anything in your midfield or attack to worry us or stop/ counter us. The only concern that's always in the back of your mind is it's United and we've had way too many games that we've completely dominated and you've nicked. Last year a recent glaring example.

Lets go with quietly optimistic we'll do you 2 or 3 the way we're flying but with the caution of its United and anything can happen.

If Mourinho fields the correct 11, by saying that I don't want Fellaini in the centre of midfield (Herrera or Carrick please) and I want either Mata or Mkhitaryan (assuming he's back by then) for Rooney (sorry Wayne, you're still a massive part of the squad and will be valuable in certain matches, but for the sake of the system, in big away games, when we need pace & bodies in the final third, you hold us back; particularly due to the fact that you have this at times unneeded urge to drop 60 yards from where you're meant to be to help defensively, but you don't have to do it all the time, you're a #10, be selfish) - then I really do fancy us going to Anfield & avoiding defeat. I'm not even saying we'll ****** 3 points, if we get 11 points from the 5 fixtures I posted on the United thread (currently 3 from 3) then it'll be a very big step towards steadying our title bid.

ROLL ON!!!

You forget that there are better teams in the league.
really thats the best you could come up with thay have played 3 of the so called better teams and won 2 and drew the other 1 only team thay need to fear at the mo is city so if thay want to belive let them its not hurting you

..... ROLL ON!!!

Absolutey. With absolutely no disrespect intended to the boys in Glasgow, Buenos Aires, Istanbul, Madrid/ Barca et all, the single biggest game the World bar none!

Love it and hate it in equal measure.

really thats the best you could come up with thay have played 3 of the so called better teams and won 2 and drew the other 1 only team thay need to fear at the mo is city so if thay want to belive let them its not hurting you
And Burnley beat you. That doesn't mean that you will be better over 38 games. Fair play for getting 3 points against us despite us not being ready (only 3 points matters) but I can't see you being above us come to may. Same with Tottenham. Remember you finished 8th last year and conceded 50 in the league. Other teams have signed better players as well but I do like your signings.

And Burnley beat you. That doesn't mean that you will be better over 38 games. Fair play for getting 3 points against us despite us not being ready (only 3 points matters) but I can't see you being above us come to may. Same with Tottenham. Remember you finished 8th last year and conceded 50 in the league. Other teams have signed better players as well but I do like your signings.
fyi you do know im a utd fan right?and the point of them beating you and as you say not being ready what horseshit is that

The only team they need to fear or look after are themselves, we've all seen the Liverpool hype train derail itself time and time again. Don't worry about who else is doing what, get the job done on the pitch 87-23, 2-1, 4-0, doesn't matter its not even ******* October yet. They have the points on the board early doors, best you can do.

Wanna know how good they are? Joint 3rd, we have a table ranking points system thingy you can read. :)

fyi you do know im a utd fan right?and the point of them beating you and as you say not being ready what horseshit is that
To be honest, we pretty much never win our first game of the season. For many reasons, that game isn't good for any meaningful analysis. They have got a few early points and fair play to that but lets not get on the hype train just yet. My point is that I don't see Liverpool teams winning the title because other teams are just better. Look at City who haven't hit top form yet, Tottenham who are second despite not hitting the highs of last season and we're looking better after a shaky start.

I love this.

Mass heated debate on L'pool. From everyone but L'pool fans.

When you know you're a serious threat again and relevant in peoples thoughts. (H).

I love this.

Mass heated debate on L'pool. From everyone but L'pool fans.

When you know you're a serious threat again and relevant in peoples thoughts. (H).
its not that mate just hate when some 1 trys to belittle what has gone on so far with dumb as **** stats or what might happen like thay have a cyrtalball or something but im leaving it there cos dam is never wrong

its not that mate just hate when some 1 trys to belittle what has gone on so far with dumb as **** stats or what might happen like thay have a cyrtalball or something but im leaving it there cos dam is never wrong

Oh, I know where you're coming from mate. No worries. :).

Back