The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Saw the Klopp rumours to Bayern this morning, very very odd cannot see it at all. Ito up there with Jose getting the Barcelona job or Messi signing for Madrid odd.

Also people getting antsy about Pool winning the title, I can't see it happening personally but whilst they remain in the hunt it shouldn't be ruled out at all. Need I remind you Damola Leicester won the league last season?

Saw the Klopp rumours to Bayern this morning, very very odd cannot see it at all. Ito up there with Jose getting the Barcelona job or Messi signing for Madrid odd.

Also people getting antsy about Pool winning the title, I can't see it happening personally but whilst they remain in the hunt it shouldn't be ruled out at all. Need I remind you Damola Leicester won the league last season?
pls for the love of god dont get him started him on that he will bring every stat under the sun why that should not have happend

You'd have to be off your meds to write off a Klopp team that's doesn't have to play in Europe.

That was a once in a generation thing. Absolutely crazy. I don't think that it's reasonable to get any sort of analysis from that. Of course it isn't impossible but I'm not on the hype train so easily. City will drop points and lose a few eventually. Guardiola has never gone unbeaten.

Look at you trying to make Damola bite.... haha!

(A) Honest .....

I was actually just as pleased that after making the exact same observations yesterday that we're all seeing ( #29474) to then have them vainly tried to be pulled apart; an opposition defender who's faced it and a supposed 'better' side adds his weight to how we're playing and how it's nigh on impossible to defend against. Following on from Rose saying that was the hardest game he's had in the last 4 years after we destroyed (another 'supposed' better team) Tottenham for a good 70 minutes on their own park.

Last edited:
For anyone that missed it:

Monday Night Football

For anyone not interested:

THE ANFIELD WRAP@TheAnfieldWrap 45m45 minutes ago
Soz abar you if you support a team not managed by Jurgen Klopp
1f60d.png

:).

Last edited:
(A) Honest .....

I was actually just as pleased that after making the exact same observations yesterday that we're all seeing ( #29474) to then have them vainly tried to be pulled apart; an opposition defender who's faced it and a supposed 'better' side adds his weight to how we're playing and how it's nigh on impossible to defend against. Following on from Rose saying that was the hardest game he's had in the last 4 years after we destroyed (another 'supposed' better team) Tottenham for a good 70 minutes on their own park.
You would expect that as we usually switch off after going +2 or +3 up. That's been the most predictable adaptation for the past 3 seasons. As Curtis Davies said, we don't try to punish the opposition like Liverpool did. Even Sp*rs are more ruthless. This has gone on for the past 3 seasons. We don't really put pressure on the opposition as Liverpool do at that stage. One thing I do like about Klopp's teams are the intensity of the play. Big credit that Danny Rose said that you were the hardest team to play against because Tottenham are a very good defensive side. Your xG were a goal or 2 better than when we beat Hull 4-1 last week and the performance against Spurs was solid.

I think that the biggest factor that Davies mentioned in the counterpress. That combined with directness makes games very intense. All of the top teams in the league are scoring absurd amounts of goals. I don't think it will be like this for the entire season. Liverpool's attack is certainly top 3 in the league at the moment though I don't think it's as good as made to be neither do I think the defence is as bad as made to be. Goals should cool down slightly and lesser goals should be conceded.

Mane has been averaging out with xG with a good scoring run. He went 4 months without scoring last season so it's nice to see him make his goal expectation. One thing you do learn from this is that it's good to persist with a misfiring striker. If the method is right, they will eventually come good. This is why I think Mane is a shrewd signing. He will certainly be one of your top scorers by season end.

Liverpool are my third favourite English club behind Arsenal and Leyton Orient who I support. I like your signings as well and think you can have a good season. I just don't like jumping in hype trains this early. You are the most intense pressing teams in the league and one of the hardest to play against. I'm not surprised by Davies' comments.

It was fascinating viewing... He is just so infectious.

I can understand some fans not being best pleased it was basically an hour on Liverpool, but you can listen to him for hours.

Twitters even more in love with him overnight. Everton and Utd fans bemoaning the fact we have him and they don't and how can you not like someone as engaging as Jurgen? Haha. And most fans all over have been the same.

Yet again he just oozed charisma, being funny with it, talked a **** load of simple sense and came across as the type of fella' you just know players will run through brick walls for.

Last edited:
Twitters even more in love with him overnight. Everton and Utd fans bemoaning the fact we have him and they don't and how can you not like someone as engaging as Jurgen? Haha. And most fans all over have been the same.

Yet again he just oozed charisma, being funny with it, talked a **** load of simple sense and came across as the type of fella' you just know players will run through brick walls for.

I wouldn't swap him for Mourinho, as Jose's a better fit for us, but anyone who says they hate Klopp is lying to themselves. Nice to see a little bit of refreshing unbiased honesty from rival fans, I was happy to see a comment like this last month too after we beat Southampton;

Screenshot20.PNG

brick wall landmines **** anything just to play for him

I wouldn't swap him for Mourinho, as Jose's a better fit for us, but anyone who says they hate Klopp is lying to themselves. Nice to see a little bit of refreshing unbiased honesty from rival fans, I was happy to see a comment like this last month too after we beat Southampton;

Screenshot20.PNG

I pretty much despise Utd but I have watched all your Prem matches this season simply because of Ibra, and I hate to admit it but I get happy when he scores. What a God.

I pretty much despise Utd but I have watched all your Prem matches this season simply because of Ibra, and I hate to admit it but I get happy when he scores. What a God.

Haha fair play, Ronaldo & Messi are obviously recognised as the greatest players, but there's no doubt who the biggest character in the game is.

Liverpool CEO Ian Ayre to take over as general manager of 1860 Munich at end of season

And now the jammy ***** get's to live in Munich/
Bavaria!

My disdain for him just doubled even in his impending departure!

Forget waiting until the summer. I've seen enough. Go offer Dortmund £15/20 million for Pulisic in January. He's resisting extending beyond 2019 like BVB want. Test their resolve.

He's just taken the **** out of Madrid. MADRID! In front of 65 plus thousand on the biggest stage of all. Came on with 18 to go at 1-2 down. Constantly ripped Danilo and Ramos inside him to shreds. Couple of great balls in. Had a great shot saved after he beasted Ramos. Then he set's up the equaliser.

This kid is the REAL deal. Already. At 18. **** of a talent.

Last edited:
Back