The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
It's why I hate Internationals

Edit; let me rephrase that, it's the thing I hate most about internationals.

I'm personally awaiting the long 4 paragraph points on how Wijnaldum is important and why we'll miss him by Scouse.

It's always gonna come. :)

Switched to watching the Gibraltar- Belgium game on-line in the hope Origi gets on to boost his confidence and development.

Wijnaldum's a blow given his form. See how much fitter Can has gotten over the break and if he's ready to start. Personally, presuming Lallana's fit, I'd just drop Coutinho back and move Firmino the side of Sturridge.

But either Can or Sturridge to step in is another indication of how much stronger the group is from last season.

Darn, wasn't as long as I expected. :(

Wiji will be a key miss though, hopefully he's not out for long!

Well that was a waste of a switch. 6-0. Coasting. And Origi not one of the subs.

Love you too Bobby Brown Shoes.

I seriously dislike him for the same reasons most everyone in the Utd thread did before he got the gig and the whole rhetoric changed. The fella's an A1 *****.

Nervous? Cautious. It's Utd. Anything can happen. But nervous? Nah. Seen absolutely nottin' from Utd to suggest you can live with how L'pool are currently playing. Love that you've just had the weekend off whilst we've been going two a days. Your lads are going to be beyond goosed at the end of next Monday night. They'll certainly know they've been in a game.

Last time we lost at Anfield was ironically Utd back in January 16 games ago. Which was another game we completely dominated but De Gea turned Superman again. Which would be a concern if he hadn't turned Superman in March on the biggest stage of all in Europe. But this time we'd learnt (as has so often happened when Klopp's played a team twice) and scored two despite his efforts.

Quietly optimistic you'll get licked 3 or 4. These Reds are currently mustard!

It's a flat out lie to say most people hated him. Wouldn't even say a 3rd disliked him.

Oh come on. There was a lot of **** toward Mourinho and Chelsea from Utd fans in that thread at different times.

If you were here for when Ferguson retired, most people wanted Mourinho.

Jose rightly got huge flak for Eva Carniero.

Cue Ray the fitness Egg to tell the twitter World (which is the only World he can spout his bollocks to as he's still unemployed. Funny that for SUCH a fitness 'guru') how Wijnaldum is all down to Klopp over working his players in 5. 4, 3, 2, 1 .....

*Edit*

Never one disappoint the Dutch moron .....

Last edited:

Self proclaimed Dutch fitness master. Absolute ******* who the Welsh FA binned off who now attacks everyone and anyone. And has a massive bee in his bonnet over the likes of Klopp, Conte, Guardiola etc's work ethic.

It's an on-going thing with him and L'pool fans.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Jordan Henderson BTW.

Captain of Liverpool and now captain of England.

Never thought I'd say that. Heck of a turnaround and fully deserved for his hard work and elevation in both his game and leadership this year sans Burnley. One of many currently vying for LFC's player of the year to date.

Congratulations to Jordan Henderson BTW.

Captain of Liverpool and now captain of England.

Never thought I'd say that. Heck of a turnaround and fully deserved for his hard work and elevation in both his game and leadership this year sans Burnley. One of many currently vying for LFC's player of the year to date.

Just in case some might perceive this as if he's been made England's permanent captain, he's been selected as captain for the Slovenia game due to Rooney being dropped, but Southgate added as a bigger picture "He (Rooney) is still captain of the team while I'm in charge."

But nevertheless a nice honour for Henderson.

If Wijnaldum's more than a strain, and let's say for the sake of argument Lallana can't go Monday night, it'll be a good test of whether the team over individual ethic really is working.

If Can and Coutinho change two of the midfield three, which as a group has been the heartbeat of the side this year; and the same understanding is there of everyone else around them and what everyone else's role is along with their own, with the interchange and fluidity, all moving as one as a group as Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana have been; then it's fair to definitively say Klopp's system is right and fully working for his L'pool side and all the hard graft on the training field is really starting to pay off.

Mad that we're just now talking about Emre Can potentially coming into the side when going into this year he'd of been the first name and key midfielder on most every L'pool fans team sheet.

Kind of beats someone like Joe Allen being the obvious option huh? :).

Can's been injured for the start, and only just coming into contention. Little point messing with a winning formula until you get injuries. To be honest, I still think Can is better than Wijnaldum, just a little awkward having both Henderson and Can in the same team potentially.

Just a thought regarding our amazing last results. I think that the current tactic is good as it shows results at the moment but need stability. I think its important for LFC to be able to gain control during the games and feel safer in defense.

We can't always rely on our players creativity( e.g. coutinho, firminho, sturrigdge etc.). We should be able to secure games at 1-0 or 2-1 and not play russian roullete everytime.

I love our games so far because we keep scoring a lot of goals but I am afraid that this can't go on for a full season. We are going to have plenty of unlucky games (e.g. Burnley). Wwe need to be able to slow down the game sometimes and make it more secure.

Back