The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Just saw the United game as well. You couldn't write it. The so called clearance off the line was offside anyway, Zlatan clearly off for the second. Shocking red card which changed the game. West Ham would have destroyed them with the extra man, they dominated the game with 10.

What ever happened to a level playing field? The only way things could get worse is if they give Chelsea a biased fixture list and not two games in less than 48 hours... oh wait.

This makes no sense whatsoever other than a fan being salty and using officials as an excuse as to why their own team dropped points today. For the record I don't even know what your moaning at, the referee gave an debatable but can be justified pen and then a stonewall pen. How can you even have complaints? You've had good and bad fortune tell me who hasn't?

Then for some peculiar reason you bring up United like there is some massive conspiracy against Liverpool because we have had a slice of good fortune today. But you fail realise the amount of bad fortune we've had this season which has far outweighed today. But anyway,where the **** do you come to a conclusion that West Ham would of dominated us with 11 men? Sure they were the better team in the first 30 but a game is 90 minutes and our record against West Ham at their place is usually good.

^^^^^ Could a rant of been anything less about anything previously posted?

It just gets a tad tiresome reading about refs and United getting favours their way in one game suddenly there is a massive conspiracy against Liverpool.

This makes no sense whatsoever other than a fan being salty and using officials as an excuse as to why their own team dropped points today. For the record I don't even know what your moaning at, the referee gave an debatable but can be justified pen and then a stonewall pen. How can you even have complaints? You've had good and bad fortune tell me who hasn't?

Then for some peculiar reason you bring up United like there is some massive conspiracy against Liverpool because we have had a slice of good fortune today. But you fail realise the amount of bad fortune we've had this season which has far outweighed today. But anyway,where the **** do you come to a conclusion that West Ham would of dominated us with 11 men? Sure they were the better team in the first 30 but a game is 90 minutes and our record against West Ham at their place is usually good.

Debatable one? Christ, I've stopped reading there.

That's enough cancer for the day.

It just gets a tad tiresome reading about refs and United getting favours their way in one game suddenly there is a massive conspiracy against Liverpool.

His post was less to do with Utd then the second disgraceful refereeing performance of the day. Nothing about any 'conspiracy.' Just a simple fact that the only top side benefiting from the fixture list and not having to go through 2 games in less than/ 48 hours is Chelsea. (Or Tottenham if anyone actually considers them in the race.). And nobody has complained about the penalty leveller. The decision to award a bogus free kick that proceeded it however is a complete other matter.

The bullshit presumption that was anti-Utd and is somehow tied to you is equally as tiresome.

*Edit* But maybe everyone is best served walking away and leaving it there at this time of night as the last thing you need to send you off to bed is a stupid back and forth when there's no base to it.

Last edited:
Matip and Nyom (who also refused a call up) have been called up to the Cameroon squad and the manager says he expects them to show up. Looks like the Cameroonian fa wants a fight and to make it annoying for people turning them down

Matip and Nyom (who also refused a call up) have been called up to the Cameroon squad and the manager says he expects them to show up. Looks like the Cameroonian fa wants a fight and to make it annoying for people turning them down

All the best with that one Broos.

You're gonna' be waiting a LONG time.

FIFA are more likely to side with Cameroon, which could see him suspended for the duration of AFCON, whether he goes or not.

Well, apparently so long as players have informed them officially in writing prior to being called up they don't want to be called up, they haven't a legal leg to stand on as per FIFA rules.

L'pool aren't worried at all by any threat of sanctions. So presumably Matip did that and is completely covered.

*Edit* This was from a sports lawyer a couple of weeks back when the Cameroon coach started getting arsey over the 7 lads that turned him down:

Liverpool's Matip will be shielded from sanctions if Cameroon were informed of his position - Goal.com

Last edited:
IF, is the question. Without that they are open. Guess we shall find out soon enough

I'd be more concerned if I where Cameroon that 7 players out of 35 turned down the invite for the pre-tournament camp.

That's a sizeable number for an International squad pre-tournament. Suggests something patently isn't right over there when that's happening.

I'd be more concerned if I where Cameroon that 7 players out of 35 turned down the invite for the pre-tournament camp.

That's a sizeable number for an International squad pre-tournament. Suggests something patently isn't right over there when that's happening.

I think they have serious issues with their fa and player relations. Didn't they have to fly the money they were due to the players for the World Cup to avoid them refusing to play the final group game, the one thing against it is there may have been less withdrawals if they didn't have to leave their clubs to play in AFCON

edit: turns out it was Ghana that had to fly the money in the Cameroonian squad flew in a day late after they demanded to be paid and refused to board the plane until they had been paid

Last edited:
Mad how the AFCON is arranged for January/ February and not the summer like every other major International tournament.

Sure there s a reason like temperatures or maybe African seasons are on a different schedule but it's always seemed strange.

Mad how the AFCON is arranged for January/ February and not the summer like every other major International tournament.

Sure there s a reason like temperatures or maybe African seasons are on a different schedule but it's always seemed strange.

Temperature.

Liverpool FC invite Coventry's Cian Harries to train with first team - reports - Coventry Telegraph

Naturally never heard of this young Welsh lad but any comparison in his game to that all time great can't be a bad thing. Even if there's no January move, can't hurt to get him in and assess him up close on and off the pitch.

Interesting that there's a lot of interest surrounding Kev Stewart too. He's happy like with his role here and the £10 million or so valuation should end any interest there. Just surprising he's so sought after to go along with both Tottenham being majorly narked they lost him and how highly rated he is with the coaches. Just looks a solid, reliable depth player to me but then I'm not a coach and don't see how much better he may well be than that on a daily basis. Shrugs.

Liverpool rebuff widespread January interest in midfielder Kevin Stewart - This Is Anfield

Pedro Chirivella set to join Eredivisie side Go Ahead Eagles on loan - This Is Anfield

Guess he won't be playing Sunday then. Not too sure he really has a future in England. Looks tidy and all the U-23's but like players like Pacheco, Suso and the lad who went to Norwich last summer who's name escapes me he still looks way too slight for the rigours of English footie and he's not really filling out.

But the coaches all talk very highly of him so we'll see.

Liverpool FC invite Coventry's Cian Harries to train with first team - reports - Coventry Telegraph

Naturally never heard of this young Welsh lad but any comparison in his game to that all time great can't be a bad thing. Even if there's no January move, can't hurt to get him in and assess him up close on and off the pitch.

Interesting that there's a lot of interest surrounding Kev Stewart too. He's happy like with his role here and the £10 million or so valuation should end any interest there. Just surprising he's so sought after to go along with both Tottenham being majorly narked they lost him and how highly rated he is with the coaches. Just looks a solid, reliable depth player to me but then I'm not a coach and don't see how much better he may well be than that on a daily basis. Shrugs.

Liverpool rebuff widespread January interest in midfielder Kevin Stewart - This Is Anfield
Klopp made the mistake of playing Can in the Hendo role instead of Steward on monday. Shows how vital Hendo really, as Can's reading of the game sometimes is borderline abysmal. Still young so he has time though.

No chance Tezzz, they staked far too much defending it. Instead, we're going to play 6 games in 16 days before it. Shambles

Back