The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Klopp made the mistake of playing Can in the Hendo role instead of Steward on monday. Shows how vital Hendo really, as Can's reading of the game sometimes is borderline abysmal. Still young so he has time though.

No in between with Can which is the biggest frustration I have with him. He's either fantastic or he might as well not be on the pitch. Monday was the later. Someone like Milner or Wijnaldum you know will give you at least a 7/10 every game but Emre's from one end of the spectrum to the other. Hopefully he finds that consistency the more experienced he gets but right now you wouldn't have him ahead the captain, Gini or Lallana in the middle three at all.

That said I think Sunderland was mainly him getting caught in two minds being dropped deeper after his role has completely changed this year. I would of been intrigued to see Wijnaldum and Can switched with Gini's intelligence deeper but the coaching staff know their players. Real poor game from Can though regardless which did highlight the big loss in Henderson. Mainly in how he dictates play for me with the passing slower and predictable.

Be very surprised if Kev Stewart isn't starting Sunday.

This just flashed up on a timeline and it's DEFO worth sharing.

23 years ago today. One of the all time top Premier League games. The arl place absolutely rocking with a boss atmosphere the Manchester Evening News couldn't praise enough the night after. That last 10 minutes was just utter bedlam. Flares the Kop. Being that bruised from being the Kop after that electrifying 90 minutes footie my body looked like it had been 10 rounds with Tyson. Going through the full gambit of emotions from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs. The feeling at the end of the game ..... It was like winning the League, European Cup and World Cup all rolled into one! And then to top it off, around an hour after the game Robbie Fowler came in the pub with his Auntie and lead yet more songs and celebration in a never to be forgotten experience for anyone in the Albert that night! Not sure his manager would of approved like haha.

[video=youtube;YQMaktmNVaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQMaktmNVaY[/video]

God **** it narks that if it wasn't for that incompetent Manc **** Taylor we'd be within a game again!

But that's passed and we can't alter it now.

Point gained. Goal difference halved.

Happy New Year!

Not surprisingly. Matip left out of the Cameroon final squad for the AFCON today.

Much ado about nothing.

Liverpool FC invite Coventry's Cian Harries to train with first team - reports - Coventry Telegraph

Naturally never heard of this young Welsh lad but any comparison in his game to that all time great can't be a bad thing. Even if there's no January move, can't hurt to get him in and assess him up close on and off the pitch.....

Who is Cian Harries - the Liverpool U23s trialist who could become Reds' first January transfer? - Liverpool Echo

FWIW info on the young lad from Coventry that doubtless will be more than anyone knew before reading it haha.

Liverpool trialist Harries enjoys clean sheet on debut - Liverpool Echo

Last edited:
The feeling at the end of the game ..... It was like winning the League, European Cup and World Cup all rolled into one!

Drawing with Manchester United was like "winning the League, European Cup and World Cup all rolled into one"?

Liverpool make enquiry for Nottingham Forest's teenage striker Ben Brereton - This Is Anfield

That might be something. Might be nottin'.

I'd just love us to come out of January with the sum total of a couple of lower league kids just for both the absolute ridiculous fume that would ensue from reactionary, stupid L'pool 'fans' along with idiots like Carrgher and Neville telling everyone 'This way isn't sustainable/ Where was the £40 odd million Van Dijk?' et all.

First departure of the deadwood this January:

Liverpool agree £3.75m deal for defender Ilori - Liverpool Echo

I think he'll turn out to be a pretty decent player. Not top bracket, but he's had a big leap in his development the last year and has looked a very tidy ball playing centre back the 23's this term.

Good luck kickstarting your pro-career finally mate.

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG!

The mad German just as good as confirmed The Man, The Myth, The Living LEGEND Joe MF Gomez! will start Sunday!

Be still my beating heart! Starts to a New Year don't get ANY more boss than that!

Do you have a button on your keyboard that types that out for you lol? How could you be bothered writing that every time?

The best centre half in the World EVER just compounds you haha.

*I may have a man crush on #12 but keep it to yourself. I'm keeping it subtle so I think we've got away with it.

The Man, The Myth, The Living LEGEND Joe MF Gomez 90th min losing own goal confirmed

Pedro Chirivella set to join Eredivisie side Go Ahead Eagles on loan - This Is Anfield

Guess he won't be playing Sunday then. Not too sure he really has a future in England. Looks tidy and all the U-23's but like players like Pacheco, Suso and the lad who went to Norwich last summer who's name escapes me he still looks way too slight for the rigours of English footie and he's not really filling out.

But the coaches all talk very highly of him so we'll see.

First officially confirmed move of the window:

Proud to be an Eagle till the end of the season. I can't wait to meet all the fans in the Adelaarshorst. #eredivisie

C1gQ03uWIAANMgL.jpg

• 9:25 AM - 6 Jan 2017
61 replies162 retweets538 likes

Good luck mate. An Eredivisie relegation battle may well do you the World of good in your development and future. Whether that be here or elsewhere.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to tomorrow. Not just the fact it's the FA Cup which will always be super special to most English lads. Plymouth having 8,633 just adds to a magical day out for them after a **** of an early morning long **** journey. Although I'm sure the £12-15 ticket price compensates to cover that trip. But just the chance to get to showcase the brilliant work going on at Kirkby in full glorious technicolor again. Don't think it's out of place to say we currently have arguably the most productive Academy in the Country given the ultimate goal is first team players and the amount that have progressed to that stage over the last few years.

I would imagine you're looking at something like Karius; Trent, Gomez, Lucas and Alby Moreno; Kev Stewart; Can and Ejaria; Ojo, Origi and the jewel in the crown Woodburn.

Be absolutely fantastic to see Gomez for the first time the first team after 15 LONG months along with Sheyi the first time this year after his spinal problems. It's been that long that I think people have forgotten just what a ridiculous standard Joe was playing at early last year and just how integral Ojo was the run-in. Were it not for injury depriving him of games, I believe he'd of put himself in a great position to cover Sadio this month. It'll be good to see how Karius has progressed since being taken out of the firing line. Trent and Ovie just look more and more composed the more looks they get at this level. And then theres young Ben ..... 17, on the eve of playing in front of another 54K crowd in the single best knock-out cup competition in the World, representing one of the biggest clubs in the World ..... Oh to be that young man right now.

Yup. REALLY looking forward to a nice relaxed day tomorrow and getting the assault on the third leg of (hopefully) another treble run underway.

Up the Cup week Crusading Reds!

Last edited:
Sevilla and Galatasaray register interest in Liverpool's Sakho - Goal.com

Tiago Ilori’s £3.75m transfer to Reading, which includes a 25% sell-on clause, is nearing completion with the defender having his medical and discussing personal terms with the Championship side.

Another 25% sell on and a small profit after 4 fruitless seasons and a mere 3 appearances.

Edwards and co are getting rather good at this transfer lark.

I would imagine you're looking at something like Karius; Trent, Gomez, Lucas and Alby Moreno; Kev Stewart; Can and Ejaria; Ojo, Origi and the jewel in the crown Woodburn.

Well done! :P

Really looking forward to watching these kids play today, should be fun

Back