The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Just looking at the table ..... Forget Chelsea. We've got 43 points from 19 games. 43 out of a possible 57. That's a frigging RIDICULOUS haul. We replicate that the second half the year that's 86 points. That's our best points total at half way in the 25 season's of the PL.

I'll say it again. Those Chelsea lads must be thinking 'FFS. Just **** off will yers!!!!!' 13 straight wins and the Reds are right on their coattails within 2 games. Like what MORE do you have to do if you're Chelsea to shake these irritating Scouse twats?

Forget looking at Chelsea. Relish what our boys have achieved the first half of the season.

And what they're aiming to FINALLY bring back home the second.

Happy New Year boys. 2017 is fixing to be a REAL special one.

Just checked and Chelsea in 05/06 season had 52 points at this stage. 52! Puts into perspective just how good we were then when hitting 40+ is being considered an achievement at this stage.

Just checked and Chelsea in 05/06 season had 52 points at this stage. 52! Puts into perspective just how good we were then when hitting 40+ is being considered an achievement at this stage.

Absolutely. 40 plus at half way is ridiculously good form. 52 would be phenomenal. For me, our greatest ever side, which I'd put up against any in this Country's deep history and which this current side/ season is aping in so many ways, had 47 through the first 19.

35 plus you're having a great first half the season. 40 plus is ridiculous. 50 plus is just stupid great.

'05-'06 would of been the Gerrard FA Cup final against West Ham year. So we beat you in the semi. Which if you'd won, doubtless would of been another double. Fantastic season.

Last edited:
I'll have a Christian Pulisic please this January.

If that's not doable at this time, I'll stand pat with the lads we have until the summer.

Ta in advance mad transfer window rumour guys.

When Mourinho & Pep have a year to glue together into their projects, and Conte brings better personnel in for his very effective system, with Klopp no doubt adding one or two to enhance what he's already got going, it's gonna be one **** of a league in near future. I think over the next 2-3 seasons, English teams can become a force to be reckoned with in the CL, once again.

So United's had a great first half to the season? XD

It just seems **** because it's United. 70 points at the end of the season is a great total. Mad how United aren't a threat anymore after the decades of dominance they've had.

It just seems **** because it's United. 70 points at the end of the season is a great total. Mad how United aren't a threat anymore after the decades of dominance they've had.
Wouldnt go that far. Your only 7 ahead atm after supposedly being excellent, and us being so poor ;)

See this is what I don't get, how can Spurs be a threat, who are only 3 points ahead of United, and United not... when Chelsea are 6 ahead of the Pool, and not a main title threat?

I personally have total confidence Mourinho is the man the return the 'threat', if not already evident. Ok, we haven't been ruthlessly winning games for the entire season, and if not for a few silly unforgivable late errors, we'd have over 40 points, but even at that, results can be very misleading, particularly at the start of a new project. The performances are there, the quality is there, the arguable best manager in the world is there, the money for further fine tuning is there, and now we're starting to see some signs of a settled, consistent team.

Like Pep Guardiola with Man City, until these world class managers, firmly engrave what they're about into their two squads, which I have no doubt will also have a few more new additions come the next few windows, then you won't see what either Manchester club is completely about. Which may even be 12 months from now. But don't be fooled into thinking we're not a threat anymore for the foreseeable future.

That'll be my last post on the topic, just replying to this. All the best & a happy new year.

Au contraire mon ami. (I do hope that's male. Apologies if it isn't. Long time since I did French.).

One is deeply embroiled in a title fight. One isn't.
No idea! :))))) but we are easily a threat to your second place ;) to say Utd are no longer a threat is a bit much imo.

Wouldnt go that far. Your only 7 ahead atm after supposedly being excellent, and us being so poor ;)

Who's said you've been poor? And anyone who thinks we're at the top of our game in just our first full season under Klopp... I'll have what your smoking!

Last edited:
Looks like I've ruffled a few feathers with my post. Didn't mean to offend you lads, it's just fact that you aren't half the team you used to be.

Cheers and Happy New Year ;)

Lol ruffled feathers. Not a chance! Not the team we once were but we will be when Mourinho has been here the time Klopp has at Pool who's done a fantastic job btw. With it not being for them 4 draws at home we would of been above you. But that's all ifs and buts. Let's see this time next year. ;)

Happy New Year :)

Lol ruffled feathers. Not a chance! Not the team we once were but we will be when Mourinho has been here the time Klopp has at Pool who's done a fantastic job btw. With it not being for them 4 draws at home we would of been above you. But that's all ifs and buts. Let's see this time next year. ;)

Happy New Year :)

That right there just highlights the general gist of how far you've fallen and how you're grasping at anything like a lot of L'pool fans have done the PL.

Most expensive squad in the World. £150 odd million splashed by this manager. With the highest wage bill in footie. Who had a full pre-season to work with them. Yet you're already talking about next season! When would Utd of ever done that before?

The similarity's between Klopp and Mourinho end on pure duration alone. And that's stretching it in context. This year at Utd is NOTHING like ours last year when he arrived 3 months into the season and didn't spend a penny. As next year won't be either. One believes in hard work coaching what he inherited and making them better. The other openly needs at least 2 windows to get his squad in place. Not that being a cheque book manager is anything new or wrong. Just the comparisons really aren't there.

But regardless, happy New Year. Enjoy what's left of the night.

That right there just highlights the general gist of how far you've fallen and how you're grasping at anything like a lot of L'pool fans have done the PL.

Most expensive squad in the World. £150 odd million splashed by this manager. With the highest wage bill in footie. Who had a full pre-season to work with them. Yet you're already talking about next season! When would Utd of ever done that before?

The similarity's between Klopp and Mourinho end on pure duration alone. And that's stretching it in context. This year at Utd is NOTHING like ours last year when he arrived 3 months into the season and didn't spend a penny. As next year won't be either. One believes in hard work coaching what he inherited and making them better. The other openly needs at least 2 windows to get his squad in place. Not that being a cheque book manager is anything new or wrong. Just the comparisons really aren't there.

But regardless, happy New Year. Enjoy what's left of the night.
In terms of the league for sure. But still think we will win things this season. We have simply left ourselves to much to do and had to many things go against us. Can still see us finishing 2nd or 3rd this season.

Back