The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Time to heap more pressure on Chelsea by moving to within a game of the 13 straight leaders.

Sunderland performed admirably at Anfield in what they attempted to do a few weeks back but they're in a World of **** now from then. Pickford out is a massive loss. Defoe is all but back at West Ham. No money available for any recruitment January. Another 2 or 3 key injuries from the morale sapping loss at Burnley to add to a thread bare squad losing more the AFCON. They're going to have to be more or less the same XI as 48 hours ago as they have little choice. And confidence rock bottom which David Moyes Football GENIUS! is never going to lift with his doom and gloom outlook.

I can see Jürgen going pretty close to what played against City. We've a 9 day gap until the first leg the Southampton semi (Plymouth is the one that gives scope for major changes with hopefully Phil returning but it might be a game too early) to rest up so it'd be just him to say 'go again and give me everything you have one last time before the break!' With the major change Sturridge and hopefully Origi coming in fresh up front to run the Mackems ragged. Get the game boxed off early then utilise the likes of Trent and Ejaria off the bench when it's down to walking pace second half with everyone completely goosed.

Pretty straight forward 3/4-0 with Daniel reminding everyone just why he's going nowhere. This or any other window.

Up the 'Pool. Mighty Reds!

Bull **** this schedule. Meanwhile Chelsea have 3 games in 10 ******* days.

Bull **** this schedule. Meanwhile Chelsea have 3 games in 10 ******* days.

It's frigging expensive and mad I know that. Hate not being up at Sunderland which is always one of my favourite trips (great set of lads) but I can't justify being off out again. Particularly with the crazy mad January we have with the other 7 games!

All we can do is keep on doing what we're doing mate and win through whatever they put in front of us.

Just the one change then with Sturridge in for the injured captain. We must have a league to win!

Sunderland managed 3. Our superior fitness should be the telling factor here to allow us to play.

Soft penalty in my opinion and Mig was unlucky not to save it.

Also feel he didnt get enough credit for that save 1 vs 1 against Defoe. Thought we were cert to go 2-1 down when I saw Defoe through.

Sunderland seem to want to try out run us, which is only going to end 1 way.

Sound first half. Rather be in front like but Sunderland, who are battling well, will tire the longer this rolls as most everyone seems to do against these lads.

Sturridge could have had a hatty. Mignolet with the great stop the one-on-one from Defoe. Both 'keepers been superb. Can off the pace. Looks like he's a little between two Worlds filling in for Hendo being as he's not used to being deeper this season.

Keep working Reds and sharpen up the passing. There's another few goals in this one.

Oh yeah, the only going disgrace of Anthony Taylor won't go away. Not that he's done anything wrong this half. He hasn't and no complaints the penalty. Clumsy from Klavan. But he should NEVER be anywhere near a L'pool game.

Last edited:
Yeah Henderson void is hard to fill. He is amazing as a dlp this year.

******* Taylor! Another pen but it was never a ******* free kick to start with.

Come ed Reds. Go again!

Well that was frustrating. And ******* beyond annoying when it comes to Taylor!

Done by the frigging Manc **** that should NEVER be anywhere near a L'pool/ Everton/ City/ Utd game. Should of done more with the second half possession and the Sund'land 'keeper was great. Frustrating 2 points robbed but the 1 might be gained dependent on Tottenham.

Least that's this short turn around out the way. Week and a half rest for the bulk before Southampton now to refresh.

Last edited:
Shocking decision with the freekick.

The first half penalty was weak. I can see why it's been given and don't overly complain but it was a weak one.

But the simple fact remains he shouldn't be ANYWHERE near one of our games. That's three times the last couple of months. The club needs to make an issue with the PL over their continued appointment of Taylor for our games.

Great refereeing today. Really rate their ability to officiate the premier league. Well done to the English FA for setting the bar so high.

Just saw the United game as well. You couldn't write it. The so called clearance off the line was offside anyway, Zlatan clearly off for the second. Shocking red card which changed the game. West Ham would have destroyed them with the extra man, they dominated the game with 10.

What ever happened to a level playing field? The only way things could get worse is if they give Chelsea a biased fixture list and not two games in less than 48 hours... oh wait.

..... The only way things could get worse is if they give Chelsea a biased fixture list and not two games in less than 48 hours... oh wait.

Why you're so gutted for them as the frustration (but not the anger toward the Manc *****) subsides. Particularly Manë going off to the AFCON with that feeling. They handled it so well and where getting through to a more than deserved win before Taylor does what Taylor often does better than anyone and robs them of that. Unrivalled incompetence for no explicable reason.

My post was full of facts. If you'd like to outline the alleged conspiracy?

I would have posted the refereeing performance in the United thread itself but Mike would probably ban me again for posting something negative towards United as we all know that's how it works on here.

Back