The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Indeed Alc, Under Ferguson we used to absolutely shithouse our way past Arsenal, because they were so **** effective at times.

Imagine having to bring up Mourinho, when in fact it's classic Conte

Everyone gets bad decisions, you've said that to others often enough. Just got to get on with it.

Decision aside, if you defend it properly, you stand a better chance of not conceding.

Hey, we had the ghost goal that was only 11 years ago, so it evens out right?

I stopped reading as soon as He tried his new 'let's type in a scouse accent' and drop words like 'in' and 'the' ****.
He started copying another poster on here a while back and it's so sheeple it's laughable.

You are a bloke on a forum Scouse... You are not a Jamie Carragher on Sky sports ;)

Again soz abar us like. For someone from a City with far more connections to L'pool than most that's an interesting thing to pick out and nark at.

But as you've gone into the realms of utter B/S, pray tell who I 'copied?'

Yeah it sucks to watch a team play defensive, and we can try to take the moral high ground - such that it is - in trying to play attractive football, but the fact is that our opponents know that it's the best way to get points against us, and it works.

They have a defensive solidity that right now we can only dream of, and it makes perfect sense for them to use it. If they come out and try and match us with waves of attacks then Conte gets slaughtered for a suicidal game plan. Fact is, he set up his team in the manner that gave them the best chance of getting a result and they got it.

Which is sound Pat. That's up to L'pool to break down. But the complete shithousery that's gone along with it from Mourinho through Conte most every time we've played Chelsea the past decade and more deserves calling out every time for what it is.

Nottin' changes from that club.

I won't answer the question on the bunkum I came out with earlier. So I'll run with a new quote.

Swerve and deflect. I thought you had more about you lid?

God forbid any team comes to Anfield and plays pragmatically when they are already sitting on a 10 point lead ... Scouse will just blame Mourinho. I wonder whats the excuse going to be if the likes of Spurs, City or Arsenal do the same? I suppose Mourinho has somehow ingrained his brand into those clubs as well.

God forbid any team comes to Anfield and plays pragmatically when they are already sitting on a 10 point lead ... Scouse will just blame Mourinho. I wonder whats the excuse going to be if the likes of Spurs, City or Arsenal do the same? I suppose Mourinho has somehow ingrained his brand into those clubs as well.

Chill out m8

Telegraph Football– Verified account ‏@TeleFootball

yH5BAEKAAEALAAAAAANAAwAAAILjI+py+0Po5y0ngIAOw==

Jurgen Klopp apologies for screaming 'nobody can beat us' in fourth official's face [url]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/31/jurgen-klopp-apologises-fourth-official-overzealous-celebration/ …[/URL]

Today is a good day.

The horrendous January is over. Should be 6 points better off were it not for terrible officiating. Should have another 2 victory's over Chelsea and Utd. But we don't, that is what it is, and we're still looking for our first league win in 2017. But the performance last night was far more like what these Reds are. Committed for every ball, the pace was back, the crowd believed and with Mané back adding the pace in behind, which in turn opens up the width for others along with himself, it looks set for a storming run-in. Play with that intensity over these next 15, and we won't be far off. Can't see Chelsea losing many. But I can see them drawing games. The aim now should be win this next block of 5 or 6. Chip away with 2 points here. 2 points there. Se where we are at the 29/30 game mark. Anywhere around the 60-65 point mark and with the boss last 9 game run-in you can then go all out for it.

I felt going in we really needed a win last night but that had a real feel of L'pool finally waking from their mid-season slumber.

Carry that intensity over into Hull. Forget looking at Chelsea. Take care of our own business one win at a time and see where we ultimately wind up.

And (hopefully) our next manager starts work at the football club today on his long learning curve into the coaching ranks from the very bottom up. You certainly have the character to succeed Stevie lad. Gonna' be a blast watching the journey unfold. Not least for the young men who now get to work side by side with you at the embryonic start to their careers. All the best mate. It won't be for a lack of dedication and passion that's for sure if this journey doesn't ultimately end up where it's planned.

Not raining. A lot milder than it's been. Liverpudlians happy and proud again.

Today is a good day.

Last edited:

Yeah, seen the after game press conference last night when I got in. Funny that the official liked the passion of the moment off the penalty save. ('Nobody can beat us' ..... Lol. The silly things you say in excitable moments.). Maybe some of them are human after all? Shouldn't of been in the fella's face regardless like, and if he get's punished so be it. But so long as you're not being aggressive and swearing and abusing them over decisions they seem to have the common sense to take it for what it is. Even if he did look like an absolute loon doing it lol.

Loved that he called out the gobshite the stand though. Anfield was way better last night from the first minute but when there's still folk that want to nark at balls going backwards to go forward and having a go at the players they need calling out. Been banging on about that for weeks and leading upto this game in here. I completely share the managers frustration there.

Stop the arm folding and narking, get fully behind them, leave NOTTIN' in the ground, and see where these next 15 games take us.

You'll be more ****** off come the summer if you're looking back going 'what if?'

Last edited:
Loving that nobody in work this AM feels that anythings over. That this doesn't have to be another season of 'if only?!' With a return last night to something approaching the high intensity, creative movement we showed pre-Bournemouth, and everyone now fit and back to finally have our strongest XI back together at Hull Sat'day, there's a real belief we can go on another big run and see where it all ends up.

15 more intense games like that Reds. With over 3 months football to go there's still a story to be told this season.

Last edited:
Back