The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M

Where's good to drink in town Mr Hull fella'?

Not done Hull on the rattler since the Cup tie in '89. (THAT was fun around Boothferry but that's another story.). Sound with bevvying round the ground but being the train most the day will be spent in town. So any decent boozers you can recommend would be appreciated.

Where's good to drink in town Mr Hull fella'?

Not done Hull on the rattler since the Cup tie in '89. (THAT was fun around Boothferry but that's another story.). Sound with bevvying round the ground but being the train most the day will be spent in town. So any decent boozers you can recommend would be appreciated.

Town centre is mostly a dive, roind that side anyway, theres a weatherspoons called Admiral of the Humber which is the usual place away fans go and a few other smaller pubs round that side. The best place is the old town, especially with all the city of culture stuff. Its all proper old style pubs with cask ales or speciality ciders and decent grub mixed with some more newer upmarket cafe bars. Its just a maze round there if you're not familiar with it, I live in the old town so you can guess where I spend most of my time.

That do us sound and was exactly the type of places I was hoping you'd recommend.

Ta mate. Onto Sat'day's adventure!

That do us sound and was exactly the type of places I was hoping you'd recommend.

Ta mate. Onto Sat'day's adventure!

For the old town just head for the wind turbine blade (don't ask), head down whitefriargate and then that takes you to the start of the old town, you have to properly look for the good pubs though they're all out the way off the beaten path if you know what I mean. Can get a bus to the stadium right opposite the blade too.

Yet another British Prime Minister continues to tell complete lies regarding Sheffield.

The arrogance of the ***** defies belief.

Dr. Phil's response tells it like it is perfectly in a superb response as always:

View attachment 107061

Yeh our politics is **** at the moment and corrupt as ever but seriously any single day of the week I would take Corbyn over Theresa May.

Yeh our politics is **** at the moment and corrupt as ever but seriously any single day of the week I would take Corbyn over Theresa May.
I would take me nan over Therasa May and she cant even remember her own name.

Friday's are turning into boss days for L'pool news. Last week we tie down Joe Gomez for the next 5 years. This week we learn the anti-fan **** Ayre is going early at the February. Don't let the door hit yers on the way out ********.

Talking of absolute knobheads that couldn't give a flying F about fans, I was astounded to find out this week that the cretins running Hull have done away with all kids and OAP concessions. It costs you the same at a Hull home game if you're a young child as it does for an adult. Amazing that's not got Nationwide attention. Absolutely scandalous. But sadly nottin' new at Hull. The last time L'pool played there, in April 2015, we had a very successful boycott down to the scandalous differential in ticket prices. Everton, among others, had been charged just over £20 earlier that season. We were being asked to stump up more than double that at £50. To which many said 'F that ****! Enough is ENOUGH!' and completely jibbed it. I still have the unused £10 child ticket I purchased to keep my credits up for that game. A game I watched back in L'pool along with many others. Which then lead to the monumental walk out Sunderland and the £30 away ticket I now have for tomorrow's game at Hull. Change can happen if you stick together and stand up to clubs. You're all welcome.

As regards tomorrows game, this could be quite the battle watching Hull under Silva. Seen them 4 times now since the change. 3 against Utd and once against Chelsea and only in one of those games did they not deserve anything IMHO. The first leg the semi against Utd. And at that they were exceptionally unlucky not to take the tie to extra time. His tactical nounce has been well evident in all four games. Particularly impressing in his in-game changes. They just lack the extra quality in key areas. Would of been interesting to see Ladzar tomorrow but alas the rules don't allow that. Great that we'll have the front 3 key players of Sadio, Firmino and Phil together with Lallana in behind where he's been so effective this year for the first time in what seems forever. Just need to take the intensity from Tuesday forward and get back to the form prior to the last couple of months dip with all the injuries.

The Chelsea game, although far from our best, was a massive step in the right direction and has restored a heck of a lot of faith among the fans. We know there's not many if any can live with our first XI. There's a drop off behind that but that top group is all healthy and back together for the run-in.

Hopefully we're walking into the ground with Chelsea having dropped again but enough of looking at them. Go out and put together a big winning run again and see where it takes us. Still ALL to play for this year. But it has to start with a first league win in 2017 and I think it will 3-1.

Up the Tiger Trouncing Reds!

Last edited:
I guess that the handball rule doesn't apply for Liverpool.

As a United fan, this should make me excited (hoping Hull will hold out) but meh, we never capitalize when others drop points anyway. So f*** it. Whatever happens, happens. Haha

Only just seen the score, so can't comment on the game, but wtf is going on...

The only silver lining is all the "the game is broken, my tactic always breaks in December/January, it's unrealistic" people now have nothing to argue about

31st December 2016 Klopp "how annoying must it be for Chelsea winning all them matches yet we are still only 6 points behind"

4th February - 13 points clear.

My advice back then and still is now, stop worrying about other sides and sort your own house out first.

31st December 2016 Klopp "how annoying must it be for Chelsea winning all them matches yet we are still only 6 points behind"

4th February - 13 points clear.

My advice back then and still is now, stop worrying about other sides and sort your own house out first.

Pretty sure he wasn't worrying about other teams and was asked...

Think Klopp has gone insane because he keeps doing the same thing every week and expecting a different result. Yes certain positions in the team aint good enough but that doesnt excuse the pedestrian style of play.

Back