The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Well that was utter *****. Burnley away MK2. Which we thought we'd well got past until this absolutely horrendous 2017 appeared. Can't fault the commitment and application. (Cue Alan 'I don't have a f-ing clue so I'll just waffle any old ***** for controversy' Shearer on MOTD later trying to wrongly contend again you can.). They gave everything and as always looked the fitter side as the game wore on. (Another complete load of media bollocks. That these lads are worn out and can't play/ work the way Klopp demands.). But you CAN fault the complete lack of ideas and imagination that had a similar possession domination to Burnley with next to nothing created from it. It was all hard work and toil with F all end product. Hit twice on the sucker punch by horrific defending/ goalkeeping for Hull's only chance in the first half. And then hit on the counter with more **** poor defending from Lucas for Hulls only chance the second half. With L'pool dominating but toiling in between and doing little to nottin' with it. Confidence is just absolutely rock bottom. Why it's flipped so bad over this past month or so I just do not know? But this picture is getting a weekly one. Tuesday, we out play the current best team in the Country and were unlucky to not win. The intensity was back and L'pool looked like L'pool. Today, against, let's face it, a very poor Hull side, they went back the other way. The intensity dropped and the belief just seeped out of them. Back to taking more touches/ nobody daring to take a chance/ nobody chancing getting forward et all.

I just don't know how we get out of this rut. Seriously. We've gone from the best team in Europe to just capitulating in a little over a month and a half or so. And most of it to utter *****. We're just getting dragged down to the oppositions level and everything we did brilliantly we've somehow forgotten. We're making life SO easy for the opposition it's untrue. There's just nothing there. Klopp's doing nottin' different. The opposition are doing nottin' different. The players are still working their collective arses off. But the belief and confidence has just gone for some inexplicable reason and I don't know when it's ever coming back. I know we need to stick together and keep on supporting the team to help them through. But these lads just currently looked devoid of anything.

We should of had a penalty for a clear handball at 0-0 but even that pails into insignificance the rest of the game. Hull ..... F-ING HULL, who only had two shots at goal all game and spent most all the second half in their own half, FULLY deserved the win.

And as for Hull fans ..... The pathetic Manc Gerrard song? Seriously lads? Yers want to sing about something that happened THREE ******* years back and had NOTHING to do with your football club? SERIOUSLY? Why do people go the football and turn themselves into absolute embarrassing, laughing stock bellends? Think on eh lads? Might not be too bad if yers do go down if yers want to behave like frigging lower league knobheads.

epic- Ye Olde White Harte and one or three others. I'll run them by you when my heads clear. Nice quarter that for good ale houses and grub.

Up the Reds! They're currently a gang of absolute shitbags like who right now can absolutely get to F! But regardless.

Up the absolute shitbag Reds!

*Edit*

Another thing whilst I'm ****** at all things Yorkshire right now- Selby is an absolutely ***** place to have a 40 minute train change on a Sat'day night! Another reason to see Hull drop!

Last edited:
Well that was utter *****. Burnley away MK2. Which we thought we'd well got past until this absolutely horrendous 2017 appeared. Can't fault the commitment and application. (Cue Alan 'I don't have a f-ing clue so I'll just waffle any old ***** for controversy' Shearer on MOTD later trying to wrongly contend again you can.). They gave everything and as always looked the fitter side as the game wore on. (Another complete load of media bollocks. That these lads are worn out and can't play/ work the way Klopp demands.). But you CAN fault the complete lack of ideas and imagination that had a similar possession domination to Burnley with next to nothing created from it. It was all hard work and toil with F all end product. Hit twice on the sucker punch by horrific defending/ goalkeeping for Hull's only chance in the first half. And then hit on the counter with more **** poor defending from Lucas for Hulls only chance the second half. With L'pool dominating but toiling in between and doing little to nottin' with it. Confidence is just absolutely rock bottom. Why it's flipped so bad over this past month or so I just do not know? But this picture is getting a weekly one. Tuesday, we out play the current best team in the Country and were unlucky to not win. The intensity was back and L'pool looked like L'pool. Today, against, let's face it, a very poor Hull side, they went back the other way. The intensity dropped and the belief just seeped out of them. Back to taking more touches/ nobody daring to take a chance/ nobody chancing getting forward et all.

I just don't now how we get out of this rut. Seriously. We've gone from the best team in Europe to just capitulating in a little over a month. And most of it to utter *****. We're just getting dragged down to the oppositions level and everything we did brilliantly we've somehow forgotten. We're making life SO easy for the opposition it's untrue. There's just nothing there. Klopp's doing nottin' different. The opposition are doing nottin' different. The players are still working their collective arses off. But the belief and confidence has just gone for some inexplicable reason and I don't know when it's ever coming back. I know we need to stick together and keep on supporting the team to help them through. But these lads just currently looked devoid of anything.

We should of had a penalty for a clear handball at 0-0 but even that pails into insignificance the rest of the game. Hull ..... F-ING HULL, who only had two shots at goal all game and spent most all the second half in their own half, FULY deserved the win.

And as for Hull fans ..... The pathetic Manc Gerrard song? Seriously lads? Yers want to sing about something that happened THREE ******* years back and had NOTHING to do with your football club? SERIOUSLY? Why do people go the football and turn themselves into absolute embarrassing, laughing stock bellends? Think on eh lads? Might not be too bad if yers do go down if yers want to behave like frigging lower league knobheads.

epic- Ye Olde White Harte and one or three others. I'll run them by you when my heads clear. Nice quarter that for good ale houses and grub.

Up the Reds! They're currently a gang of absolute shitbags like who right now can absolutely get to F! But regardless.

Up the absolute shitbag Reds!

Yeah I'm a regular in there, if I wasn't working I'd have arranged to meet you for one. I live a stones throw from the blade. I love the old town full of proper pubs with proper ale not like the rest of the ***** in the city which is just choc ful of cafe bars how they stay open i have no idea

A decent keeper saves both goals.

Can't blame him the second mate. Lucas let's the fella' go from the half way line. The first no question. F knows what THAT was. Frigging Pete Price would of slapped that harder than whatever the F Mignolet was trying to do with it But clean through one-on-ones are what they are.

Yeah I'm a regular in there, if I wasn't working I'd have arranged to meet you for one. I live a stones throw from the blade. I love the old town full of proper pubs with proper ale not like the rest of the ***** in the city which is just choc ful of cafe bars how they stay open i have no idea

Would of been a pleasure mate. Maybe next year if they survive. Was virtually sat in the fire which automatically raises the bar haha.

Would of been a pleasure mate. Maybe next year if they survive. Was virtually sat in the fire which automatically raises the bar haha.

Haha yeah I bet, I love the courtyard in there, you would not believe how many drunken hours I have spent in that courtyard since I moved into the old town.

Can't blame him the second mate. Lucas let's the fella' go from the half way line. The first no question. F knows what THAT was. Frigging Pete Price would of slapped that harder than whatever the F Mignolet was trying to do with it But clean through one-on-ones are what they are.
The second was easily saveable. If Niasse hits it into the bottom corner or chips him fair enough, but he got beat by a weak shot straight at him that went under him. For me one of the mistakes Klopp made was not letting Karius ride out the bad patch and learn from it.

Liverpool got exactly what they deserved, teams like hull are well set up against how they play, and teams have learned. This season is certainly salvageable, but that is down to Klopp changing things up. If Liverpool falter the buck stops with him

Hull did little different from when they got beat 6 at Anfield earlier the season. And they weren't that much better in quality. Just for some reason, which to me is all confidence related, L'pool have completely stopped what they were doing to comfortably negate that against teams like Swansea, Hull and West Brom earlier in the year. We're not facing much of anything different from anyone. Just L'pool's 'style' has completely changed. Why Christ only knows? But the belief to play at pace/ get bodies forward/ interchange positions/ try things on the pitch to create et all has all gone to the complete opposite of that that's getting worse the longer this year rolls.

Until that returns and they get back to doing what works so well, I honestly don't know how long this rut will run.

They are very different, the low blocks are much better executed from teams you're facing, and it's not going to go away by luck or confidence. Klopp has been here before, he's got to stop the rot

Have to agree to disagree with you from what I'm watching.

L'pool's slump is as much down to L'pool as anyone else watching them the past few months compared to what went before.

Teams press you high, but now when they fail, they rapidly drop deep, then rushing into the space you leave on the counter.

Subsequently in order to stop conceding on the counter, Liverpool are playing more patient football, but doing so in a template that is best set up for high tempo. So they are not moving the ball round and unsettling the opposition defence. I was watching so many pointless floaty balls to he flanks that looked good but did nothing. Nothing for the pace to run onto behind, or given to feet where they could run.

I agree, we are very ponderous in possession right now, no urgency at all. I didn't see this match, only the highlights, but seeing as most of our recent games have felt like I was watching the same one on repeat, I doubt this was much different.

Maybe a start would be to drop Can for Wijnaldum, I couldn't understand that particular selection

I agree, we are very ponderous in possession right now, no urgency at all. I didn't see this match, only the highlights, but seeing as most of our recent games have felt like I was watching the same one on repeat, I doubt this was much different.

Maybe a start would be to drop Can for Wijnaldum, I couldn't understand that particular selection

Much of a muchness right now between the two. Can, from being everywhere and having a real intelligent game Tuesday, went back to being horrid yesterday. But Gini's hardly been having a great 2017 either. He was a disgrace the Wolves game passing the buck onto the young kids when he should of been the senior pro leading by example. Even Lallana back inside looked completely devoid of any confidence yesterday and wasn't trying anything. He was just over compensating with two many touches and too many 'safe' balls not wanting to make a mistake like everyone else. Henderson's the only one in whatever that three is right now who's prepared to stand up, take risks and try things.

Confidence is just not there and doesn't look like it's coming back anytime soon.

This first XI is as good as anything the league. And with week's between games and a fully healthy squad should be looking at a big run the last 15 to comfortably secure second at least.

As it is you're now fearful for the top 4 which would be absolutely catastrophic.

Last edited:
It's not about risks, you're currently devoid of any pattern of dangerous play right now, hoping for someone to make something out of nothing with the sheer amount of possession you have

It's not about risks, you're currently devoid of any pattern of dangerous play right now, hoping for someone to make something out of nothing with the sheer amount of possession you have

You're just reiterating exactly what I'm saying.

L'pool's whole style of play has changed. Why, I don't know. Key injuries disrupting key relationships on the pitch certainly contributed. But it has changed at an alarming rate to now the complete opposite of the proven method from pre-76 minutes into the Bournemouth collapse. Klopp's attitudes the same. He's still wanting the up-tempo game. The players are working just as hard. Our approach through the week is the same. But when they step on the pitch it just flips. Really can't understate the lack of confidence right through the whole team now. What you described the top the page is nothing we've not seen from teams all year. We've just stopped doing everything that negated that and made this side so unplayable..And until they get the confidence to get back to that this isn't changing.

Last edited:
I literally just said why it's changed. Not sure why you're so unwilling to give other teams credit tactically.

I literally just said why it's changed. Not sure why you're so unwilling to give other teams credit tactically.

Again, they aren't doing anything different to what most teams have done all year. But you're running with the lazy media line that L'pool can't cope with low block teams. When we've proved we can. When we play to our tried an trusted style. Which we currently aren't.

What the answer to that is I don't know as Klopp sure as **** isn't wanting it this pedestrian. But it's as much on L'pool being at rock bottom as anything else.

Wrong again, since I've not been watching any of the punditry recently I'm watching the game, and watching them do exactly that. Press high, fall away, sit deep, and flood the space.

Liverpool have dropped the tempo to prevent the counter, but they have become ponderous

Back