The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
The CPS are just about to announce a decision on John Terry. John Terry is being interviewed by the met, yet Suarez is the one being hung up and Terry is getting off light? The delusion is incredible. :)

John terry has been charged. But of course Suarez is the victim here

Can't argue with what happened, he admitted saying it, so he got what he deserved.

Hopefully this will make him grow up.

Big Ron Atkinson must be wondering how he lost his job as a pundit when quoting about Marcel Desailly and Saurez keeps his with basically a slap on the wrist.

Hopefully Terry will get the same charge or worse from the FA considering terry's has been charged by the police with being racist.

Hopefully Terry will get the same charge or worse from the FA considering terry's has been charged by the police with being racist.

I wouldn't hold you're breathe. Sky Sports News just announced on twitter IF found guilty, the maximum punishment John Terry can receive is a £2,500 fine.

I wouldn't hold you're breathe. Sky Sports News just announced on twitter IF found guilty, the maximum punishment John Terry can receive is a £2,500 fine.

Surely you must be joking? How the **** can Suarez get a £40k fine then?

Typical, FA will do f all because he is english captain and it looks bad.

you cant give a verdict one day then a couple days later change it for another person.

FA will have to give him the same, or should anyway

As it's being dealt with by the law. Different situation as it's being dealt with by police

Right... Makes sense... It's still bullshit that he's gonna get a £2.500 fine. That's probably what he would give his kids every week.

I thought Terry could be banned from football grounds? Sky just said he can't be jailed and the max fine is £2500.

If Terry is found guilty and is given just a £2500 fine, there will be outrage and rightly so

I thought Terry could be banned from football grounds? Sky just said he can't be jailed and the max fine is £2500.

he can still be banned from football grounds. the fine is irrelevant tbh. its whether he gets banned or not. and thats before the FA take any action.

I'm confused now. I thought if someone was convicted they could be jailed? Has there been a change in the law or something?

Typical, FA will do f all because he is english captain and it looks bad.

you cant give a verdict one day then a couple days later change it for another person.

FA will have to give him the same, or should anyway

Seriously, what is wrong with liverpool fans? The FA cannot take action until the police matter is dealt with. its been repeated so many times

Seriously, what is wrong with liverpool fans? The FA cannot take action until the police matter is dealt with. its been repeated so many times

TERRY IS GETTING OFF LIGHTLY BECAUSE HE PLAYS FOR ENGLAND AND SUAREZ IS BEING VICTIMISED. GAWD.

Seriously, all you do is argue against anything thats said about Liverpool.

I'm confused now. I thought if someone was convicted they could be jailed? Has there been a change in the law or something?

31[F1Racially or religiously aggravated] public order offences.

(1)A person is guilty of an offence under this section if he commits—
(a)an offence under section 4 of the M1Public Order Act 1986 (fear or provocation of violence);
(b)an offence under section 4A of that Act (intentional harassment, alarm or distress); or
(c)an offence under section 5 of that Act (harassment, alarm or distress),

which is [F2racially or religiously aggravated] for the purposes of this section.

(2)A constable may arrest without warrant anyone whom he reasonably suspects to be committing an offence falling within subsection (1)(a) or (b) above.

(3)A constable may arrest a person without warrant if—
(a)he engages in conduct which a constable reasonably suspects to constitute an offence falling within subsection (1)(c) above;
(b)he is warned by that constable to stop; and
(c)he engages in further such conduct immediately or shortly after the warning.
The conduct mentioned in paragraph (a) above and the further conduct need not be of the same nature.

(4)A person guilty of an offence falling within subsection (1)(a) or (b) above shall be liable—
(a)on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum, or to both;
(b)on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or to a fine, or to both.

(5)A person guilty of an offence falling within subsection (1)(c) above shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale.

(6)If, on the trial on indictment of a person charged with an offence falling within subsection (1)(a) or (b) above, the jury find him not guilty of the offence charged, they may find him guilty of the basic offence mentioned in that provision.

(7)For the purposes of subsection (1)(c) above, section 28(1)(a) above shall have effect as if the person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress were the victim of the offence.

The bold relates to Terry

Back