The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not really, Police matters by law supercede FA actions.

Fair enough if the FA do something after then i have no complaints about anything, because right or wrong they have given a verdict fairly, BUT if the FA chose to do nothing about the terry case, thats where the LFC fans are angry about

especially considering losing suarez could have a massive effect of what we achieve this year

Fair enough if the FA do something after then i have no complaints about anything, because right or wrong they have given a verdict fairly, BUT if the FA chose to do nothing about the terry case, thats where the LFC fans are angry about

especially considering losing suarez could have a massive effect of what we achieve this year

again they didnt CHOOSE to do nothing. LFC are complaining about nothing re Terry, since it almost immediately was referred to the police. Once the Police began an investigation, it superceded anything the FA could/can do.

The case isnt over so any anger from liverpool fans is entirely misplaced

Surely you must be joking? How the **** can Suarez get a £40k fine then?

Hopefully Terry will get the same charge or worse from the FA considering terry's has been charged by the police with being racist.

Typical, FA will do f all because he is english captain and it looks bad.

you cant give a verdict one day then a couple days later change it for another person.

FA will have to give him the same, or should anyway

Seriously stop saying things when you dont know anything at all. If found guilty Terry will end up worse off that Suarez because he will have this on his criminal record aswell as a FA ban and fine and more than likely not just his England captaincy off him but never to play for England again which will kill him.

IF terry is found guilty then he immediately falls foul of one of two FA charges ( the ones levied at Suarez) and more likely the more severe of the two, the racial abuse charge

IF terry is found guilty then he immediately falls foul of one of two FA charges ( the ones levied at Suarez) and more likely the more severe of the two, the racial abuse charge

Plus the England national bans he will definatly get too.

I'm surprised by how much flack the FA is getting here tbh. They stood their ground and did what the vast majority of people want-stamp out racism. No I don't think Suarez is a racist, but he has been found guilty of racist abuse. And that is not tolerated in this country. The panel was independant panel to, so for Liverpool to come out and say what they did is bordering on ridiculous imo. And if Terry is found guilty too, I would fully support any forthcoming punishment-England captain or not. And before anything has even happened, the FA is getting flack.

I'm sorry but I support the FA over this (which feels like a once in a lifetime thing). They should be commended for what they have done, and what they have done to stamp out racism in any form in the sport.

Sky Sports

The FA have confirmed Luis Suarez's eight-match ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra could be increased if he appeals. #LFC #MUFC

Might have been said already but what exactly are the FA supposed to do? There is this big stance over racism in football and quite frankly it should be kicked out, this is just the start I imagine. Theres no place for it in society, and that should transfer onto the pitch. Eight games is adequate in the grand scheme of things, I'd say. Feel sorry for the next player to put a toe out of line, hopefully this will encourage other cases to come out of the blue so racism can finally get booted out of football (sorry for the terrible pun)

352336.jpg

..is pretty much what the statement was trying to say.

The statement was more... I'm not racist because I'm mixed race and have black friends.

[h=1]Joint statement from LFC players[/h]
The Liverpool players have this evening issued the following joint statement in support of Luis Suarez.

Luis Suarez is our teammate and our friend and as a group of players we are shocked and angered that he has been found guilty by the FA.
We totally support Luis and we want the world to know that. We know he is not racist.
We are a squad of many different nationalities and backgrounds. All of us support the Club's commitment to fighting racism. All of us accept there is no place in the game for any form of discrimination. As a group of players we totally support the Kick it Out Campaign.
We have lived, trained and played with Luis for almost 12 months and we don't recognise the way he has been portrayed. We will continue to support Luis through this difficult period, and as a popular and respected friend of all his teammates, he will not walk alone.

Joint statement from LFC players - Liverpool FC

*sigh*... Don't complain to me, I'm just posting what the official website says.

And this is the thing, far from being the dignified club they are, liverpools actions have been a complete joke. considering the misinformation and lies they suffered from the Sun post hillsborough, you'd think they wouldnt stoop to such levels

*sigh*... Don't complain to me, I'm just posting what the official website says.

realised after I posted it. The facepalm was directed at the statement, not at you for posting it (A)
:wub:

Lots of things coming out from Uruguay stating their unhappiness with the decision.

For some reason, I have a feeling this is far from over

Lots of things coming out from Uruguay stating their unhappiness with the decision.

No offence, but how they feel is irrelevant

Who asked the Uruguayans for their feelings on the matter? None of their business.

EDIT: Zoomed.

Back