The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
No such thing as a small game at this stage of the season

Told you guys. Arsenal and Liverpool out of the UCL spots by the end of the season.
#havesomefaith

Was insulting to Ranieri. Couldnt be bothered to play like that for him. Now potentially playing for places.

I sure as **** wouldn't want to be in that Liverpool dressing room though. Jesus wept

Liverpool struggle against low blocks, not saying they won't batter some teams playing deep, but they'll definitely drop more points against them. No ideas in one end, too naive at the other. To say teams haven't got a fair idea how to negate Liverpool would be wrong in this current moment of time

I think the problem Lord Jesus Klopp is having, is that after couple of years of LVG and Pochettino teams had to learn how to play against very aggressive press.

I think the problem Lord Jesus Klopp is having, is that after couple of years of LVG and Pochettino teams had to learn how to play against very aggressive press.
LVG's press and klopp's press are very different. Its complex to explain but Klopp's press is more like free press meanwhile LVG's press is more of a structured press (positioning attacking players in a way that cuts off passing lanes and not necessarily putting pressure on players)

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

Liverpool struggle against low blocks, not saying they won't batter some teams playing deep, but they'll definitely drop more points against them. No ideas in one end, too naive at the other. To say teams haven't got a fair idea how to negate Liverpool would be wrong in this current moment of time
I dont know what game you were watching but its simple and naive to say that Leicester countered the press. There was zero pressing and urgency from our players and quite frankly Its been a disgrace this season, how they expect to just turn up against the lower sides and brush them aside. There was one moment when Firmino started the press expecting Lallana to join and he was no where to be found, imagine that was against one of the top sides you can bet he would've been closing down ten times faster. This mentality has to change otherwise it will result in a free fall, because this is relegation form.

Got to stop shipping 50 gls a season. Sorting the defence out either in personnel or shape is a priority surely.

Last edited:
I dont know what game you were watching but its simple and naive to say that Leicester countered the press. There was zero pressing and urgency from our players and quite frankly Its been a disgrace this season, how they expect to just turn up against the lower sides and brush them aside. There was one moment when Firmino started the press expecting Lallana to join and he was no where to be found, imagine that was against one of the top sides you can bet he would've been closing down ten times faster. This mentality has to change otherwise it will result in a free fall, because this is relegation form.

You lot keep calling it lazy to say teams have figured Liverpool out, but the pattern of results doesn't lie. Leicester sat deep in a low block, worked harder than Liverpool, and looked to selectively catch their naive high defensive line out with the acres of space. I never said anything about countering their press in specific. Just a simple, well drilled game plan, scarily too simple on Liverpool's behalf.

As a Liverpool fan, after watching how terrifically Southampton utilised their 2 weeks of preparation, that's got to be so annoying. Their high line, Lucas in the heart of it, did they not watch Vardy last season?

As a Liverpool fan, after watching how terrifically Southampton utilised their 2 weeks of preparation, that's got to be so annoying. Their high line, Lucas in the heart of it, did they not watch Vardy last season?
The other option was Klavan who cannot deal with pace at all. Tbh Lucas apart from the first goal did well dealing with Vardy.

Back