The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Uh uh. 'Spurs weren't being 'Spurs lid. For the first time in 2017, L'pool were f-ing Liverpool! Mané against boys! (Sorry, couldn't resist!).
With the difference in Liverpools form with and without him you could say he is their Mané man

(I also apologize)

With the difference in Liverpools form with and without him you could say he is their Mané man

(I also apologize)

That would be a valid argument. You could take it on and make one that he's one of the most important difference makers the entire league. For example, Eden Hazard is without doubt not only one of the best players in England but World wide too. Sadio has more goals and assists than him in fewer games over the duration he's been in England. He certainly stands comparison with the very best.

It would of been very interesting to see how different the table might well of looked right now if Chelsea had, had just one key injury huh? Let alone the 4 or 5 L'pool have had to deal with.

Intersting (to me at least) that both this years U-18's captain Conor Masterson and the best player from that group over the season Yan Dhanda have travelled out with the first team to La Manga for this Spanish training break. ( I consider Ben, Trent. Gomez, Ojo and now Harry Wilson part the first team group being as they're now full time at Melwood.).

That constant open door path/ reward for hard work and performance from the academy up Kirkby to the first team at West Derby has really given everyone belief in the junior ranks since Klopp arrived that if you work hard enough and do whets required, the rewards will come your way and you'll get the opportunity.

Intersting (to me at least) that both this years U-18's captain Conor Masterson and the best player from that group over the season Yan Dhanda have travelled out with the first team to La Manga for this Spanish training break. ( I consider Ben, Trent. Gomez, Ojo and now Harry Wilson part the first team group being as they're now full time at Melwood.).

That constant open door path/ reward for hard work and performance from the academy up Kirkby to the first team at West Derby has really given everyone belief in the junior ranks since Klopp arrived that if you work hard enough and do whets required, the rewards will come your way and you'll get the opportunity.
We have a real conveyor belt of talent coming through it seems. Nice to see the hardwork and restructuring that Benitez put in working out for the club in the long term.

well if woodburn and wilson are as good in real life as thay are in my barnsley save then you have some players

Grujic and Lovren give Liverpool double injury boost - Liverpool Echo

Been a real shame to see Grujić's first season SO disrupted. He was always going to be one for the future, but you have to think with all the other injury's he'd of gotten quite a bit of game time this year. Looks the perfect athletic, rangy modern day all round box-to-box midfielder from what we've seen of him. Very strong in the tattle. Great passing range. Disciplined with a great Lampard-esq knack of arriving late in space the box to score. All with the pedigree of already captaining a major club in his homeland to the League title at the age of just 19. That's a leader in the making right there.

People seem to of completely forgotten about Klopp's first signing as we've barely seen him but it'll be like a new signing already on the books next year when he will get a lot of game time with the extra burden of the CL.

Very excited to see him playing again.

Last edited:
Get the F in Lincoln!

No no need to rearrange the Burnley game now the next round. And with confirmation that if Millwall and Leicester draw, the Leicester game a week Monday will now be brought forward 24 hours; with no rearranged games late the season this is turning into a pretty great Cup weekend!

so you guys have been linked with gotze and chilwell plus klopp to barcelona cant see that 1 but what do you lot think of the other 2

so you guys have been linked with gotze and chilwell plus klopp to barcelona cant see that 1 but what do you lot think of the other 2

Lazy journalism. From people with no sources so they just make **** up. Like the vast majority of transfer rumours.

Not got a clue who L'pool might be after, so let's rehash last summers story's and run them again!

As regards Chilwell on a related note, every time I see him play for Leicester he looks real raw still. F-ed up again the wrong side of his man for the Millwall winner yesterday and that's against a League One side. Definitely wouldn't of been anywhere near starting ahead of Milner this year for all the **** over not buying him last summer.

Who the heck keeps track of **** like this? Stat data bases. Phew.

Melissa Reddy
‏ @MelissaReddy_

Since Jürgen Klopp's appointment 500 days ago#LFC top PL for:
Goals: 109
Tackles: 177
Sprints: 31588
KMs Covered: 6354.93
Avg Poss: 60.13%

10:12 am · 18 Feb 2017

Even more ridiculous #'s with the context of coming in October, sacking off the Lge for the Europa with the kids the last couple months the season, this years last two month dip with injuries et all.

I just read a fantastic Wrap piece that lead me on to an even better general piece that both encapsulate perfectly not only L'pool's struggles but the struggles of our competitors and the PL in general against Europe's elite.

Really worth while reading for most every football fan of the top 6 clubs in particular. Particularly the long but brilliant Tomkins piece which is essential reading:

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017...squad-weigh-up-against-premier-league-rivals/

https://tomkinstimes.com/2017/02/br...tough-times-for-arsenal-liverpool-and-others/

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool set to transform Kirkby Academy into £50million first-team training complex - Liverpool Echo

Not before time everyone was in the same facility again. Not least now with a manager so invested in youth promotion. Just surprised they're sticking with Kirkby. I know the lands there and all but man is it frigging windy up there when it whips in off the motorway.

Although all that said I'm not sure how this can be as FSG won't spend any money. Or so the tired arl rhetoric goes.

Consultation begins on redevelopment of LFC’s Academy site - Liverpool FC

First plans of the Kirkby redevelopment. Great that there's so much going back into the local community and grass roots football too along with good use for housing planned out of Melwood. All for the club giving back.

With the awesome new main stand and the way it's opened up everything around the ground and the continued redevelopment going on at Anfield, to now this; you're really getting the feel that L'pool is FINALLY becoming a bona fide 21st Century football club in every facet.

It's been WAY too long we've lagged behind in the PL era but everything is gradually being put in place to enable us to rival anyone on the World stage once more.

Bollocks. Leicester sack Ranieri right before we play them. BASTARDS!
Not sure how to feel about it tbh. Not that it should bother me but, kinder feel it's harsh after what he's achieved. But the results in league have been shocking. And if players have downed tools then there's no choice. But what ***** if they have.

Not sure how to feel about it tbh. Not that it should bother me but, kinder feel it's harsh after what he's achieved. But the results in league have been shocking. And if players have downed tools then there's no choice. But what ***** if they have.

Absolutely **** poor from the owners to me and sums up whats so wrong with the game today. Money and a complete lack of patience. Ungrateful twats. So scared of losing the PL money they panic into something like this forgetting all he's done for them.

Just SO thankful FSG are all in on Klopp the next 6 years at least to allow him to build a football club.

Last edited:
Back