The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
I do think Liverpool have a problem here with Coutinho. I dont think this is a "wait till next season" move. I think Barcelona will look to seal all their gaps in the next few weeks, and there's a good chance they wont come calling again. How hard does he push without damaging relations with the club? Too many people at FSG like Kroenke's business model, will they just take 110m?

I genuinely feel that this window can turn from average to horrible for Liverpool.

Who do we get in to replace him? What good is a 100 or whatever million.

Plus the VVD saga. No bids made yet as per most sources.

So effectively Liverpool can end the window, worse off than they were at the begining. Lost out on 2/3 main targets and also lose the teams most creative and argubly best player

I do think Liverpool have a problem here with Coutinho. I dont think this is a "wait till next season" move. I think Barcelona will look to seal all their gaps in the next few weeks, and there's a good chance they wont come calling again. How hard does he push without damaging relations with the club? Too many people at FSG like Kroenke's business model, will they just take 110m?
If he does go then I wish him the very best, he has been professional on and off the pitch and has never bad mouthed the club. Like you said Mike it all comes down to FSG and if they see the money as too good to turn down. Losing Coutinho isn't as big a blow if the clubs target is top 4 but if you want to challenge for the league then you dont sell your best player.

If he does go then I wish him the very best, he has been professional on and off the pitch and has never bad mouthed the club. Like you said Mike it all comes down to FSG and if they see the money as too good to turn down. Losing Coutinho isn't as big a blow if the clubs target is top 4 but if you want to challenge for the league then you dont sell your best player.

As a statement, losing him isn't good. And then after that, it's hard to replace him this late in the window, especially when not getting Keita.

People do put themselves through some unnecessary angst through rumour and speculation during a window.

These things should come with a Government Health Warning if you're going to buy into them.

I genuinely feel that this window can turn from average to horrible for Liverpool.

Who do we get in to replace him? What good is a 100 or whatever million.

Plus the VVD saga. No bids made yet as per most sources.

So effectively Liverpool can end the window, worse off than they were at the begining. Lost out on 2/3 main targets and also lose the teams most creative and argubly best player
I disagree with this kind of logic.

If we sell a player, albeit our best one, for a reasonable price (which £100m is, in my opinion) then I don't think that makes us 'worse off' as it gives us the ability to replace him. And besides, even if we don't, we have the money to do so in the future.

I disagree with this kind of logic.

If we sell a player, albeit our best one, for a reasonable price (which £100m is, in my opinion) then I don't think that makes us 'worse off' as it gives us the ability to replace him. And besides, even if we don't, we have the money to do so in the future.

I'd normally agree but at this late stage of the window, it'd be a pointless exercise. You'd just be sat with £100 plus million burning a hole yer back pocket and nowhere to take it. Too late to realistically get anyone else in. And if you did have an eye on someone, their price doubles and you get skanked because clubs know you have the ridiculous money sitting around.

But as there's absolutely no way Phil is leaving this window (unless he himself agitated for a move and he's not going to do that at all); it's a complete non-discussion.

Just ignore the media and Barca trying their damnedest to disrupt things by putting one B/S story after another out there.

I'd normally agree but at this late stage of the window, it'd be a pointless exercise. You'd just be sat with £100 plus million burning a hole yer back pocket and nowhere to take it. Too late to realistically get anyone else in. And if you did have an eye on someone, their price doubles and you get skanked because clubs know you have the ridiculous money sitting around.

But as there's absolutely no way Phil is leaving this window (unless he himself agitated for a move and he's not going to do that at all); it's a complete non-discussion.

Just ignore the media and Barca trying their damnedest to disrupt things by putting one B/S story after another out there.

My point exactly. Its too late in the window to think of viable replacements.

And I have to agree with Mike, it is not a good message to send out to the fans. Nonetheless, I hope you're right and he doesn't leave and we also sign VVD. :)

View attachment 86660

Bollocks ..... That's just not right!

I aren't naive enough to not know we have to have one but that's a complete joke from the PL. Tacky doesn't begin to describe it. It'll be like frigging RL or F1 soon with every little space covered.

The simple, working class game I grew up and fell in love with is getting further and further away from me with each passing season. Outside of XI a-aside, the pitch markings, ref and lino, who aren't even called that anymore, the game is completely unrecognisable.

Changed game. And in many ways, not for the better.

Last edited:
One question where the **** are they going to put the premier league badge with that on their ****** sleeves!!!!!

On their **** like in Volleyball.

You might be too young to know. Or maybe don't as it's Scotland. But that's just reminded of how Celtic was for decades with their player number only on the shorts and not the back their shirts.

iu

Bollocks new PL rule. The left hand sleeve is for sponsorship. Right hand the PL patch.
Bet the PL get 10% of sponsorship as well ;) Mind you we can all blame Kettering Town for starting all this shirt sponsorship bollocks in 1976.

Bet the PL get 10% of sponsorship as well ;) Mind you we can all blame Kettering Town for starting all this shirt sponsorship bollocks in 1976.

Did they yeah? Kettering Town. There's a quiz ? and a half. I know L'pool became the first FL club/ FA authorised shirt sponsor in '79 with Hitachi.

At least you could justify it by clubs needing every little bit of extra revenue back then. The PL now, not so much.

Give me an arl' plain shirt with just a badge any day of the week. Guess that's why it's been decades since I last bought one.

Back