The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Uncanny that huh?

As it has been all summer. He'll be at Anfield before the windows over. Just a matter of timing for all parties. They appear to be on the verge of his replacement from Lazio so that's another step forward.

He's not a replacement. Currently they have stephens and Yoshida. they needed a new centre back anyway.

He's not a replacement. Currently they have stephens and Yoshida. they needed a new centre back anyway.

Just sat down to look at Southampton's centre half options.

Add the new Polish signing Bardanek and Gardos to that along with apparently talking to Tottenham about Wimmer.

Even swapping Hoedt for van Dijk as a like-for-like they certainly aren't short of bodies at CB.

So the breakdown of Barcelona's third offer has to be seen to be believed .....

£82.1 million guaranteed with a further £36.5 million in add-ons ......

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/...rom-barcelona-for-philippe-coutinho-93bpqjv0n

Derisory doesn't even begin to describe that. **** taking twats. You've just got over £200 million up front from PSG. You're desperate at the end of a window. And you come back with an insulting offer like that.

And man alive if I'm Coutinho, having been swayed by them to put in a transfer request and been left looking a fool, I'm now thinking 'do these even seriously want me when they're low balling to SUCH an extent?'

Honestly, the way that club conducts its business is every bit as bad as Madrid who we rightly rip all the time.

Don't even bother coming back unless it's with a grown up offer. Unbelievable.

Might suggest they're indeed trying to coup Coutinho & Dembele this summer with the Neymar fee.

£82.1M - Coutinho
£36.4M - Paulinho
_______
£118.5M

So what, around £80M left over for Dembele?

By all accounts, they only have around €130 million of the €222 million Neymar fee left over they got all in one go after taxes/ debts paid, money allocated elsewhere within the club to start with Rh.

So if they're busy low balling Dortmund too to such a derisory extent they're liable to end up with nothing.

Be nice to see it blow up in their face, but doubt it will

Be nice to see it blow up in their face, but doubt it will

Defo. Both those two in Spain, for various reasons, are equally as bad as each other the way they conduct themselves.

This is the first real time they've had clubs standing up to them in both taking their top players and not being bullied the other way round. This transfer window could well be a defining one to change a lot of things the way it's gone.

Exactly, this is why I was all for PSG trolling them. You should get every loan out there and match Messi's RC XD

I don't normally watch games back, but I've just watched back the Hoffenheim game being as we left the ground literally just before Milner's deflected goal. (There's a 10/15 minute walk the train from the ground and there was a train back to Heidelberg 10 mins after the final whistle. Or else the next one was an hour later and twice as long so it made sense to do a dusty early and be back the ale Heidelberg early rather than being stuck in Sinsheim, as picturesque a little village as it is, where's there's next to nottin' there.).

What a great European away performance that was when you watch it back.

Knowing little about Hoffenheim, you're lead to believe before the game that they're a great attacking threat lead by a tactically brilliant up and coming young coach who were a serious threat at home where they'd not lost for over 15 months. Coupled with talking the press lads through the afternoon saying they'd watched them training in they were a team of giants the air just practicing dead ball scenarios all had you a little nervous for what looked a tough qualifier.

Well Nagelsmann showed his inexperience and naivety by crazily setting up playing 3 at the back with SUCH a high line. Which was almost in our half. Not too clever at all when L'pool have two really, REALLY fast lads wide who were left in acres of space all night. That scoreline could have been anything in L'pool's favour. 6/7- 2/3 wouldn't have looked out of place given all the chances. And that includes the **** poor penalty they had in a first half they created little else through whilst L'pool weren't great. Second half the way we controlled the game and saw it out to what would have been a clean sheet bar the ironic mistake from the otherwise brilliant Trent on the night was real pleasing to see.

Someone, who like Hoffenheim will think they can go toe-to-toe with these Reds and go at them, will take a real walloping from this side the groups. Really expecting a big away win on our travels the CL this year. So unlike watching Rafa's sides the CL where we last had real success the big tourney. Rafa Tuesday, we don't concede but we probably don't create much either. This side had chance after chance away in Europe all game. Similar to the way they shocked Munich and battered them. Completely mad polar opposite to old school European footie.

BTW, rail seating is fantastic. The seats were down being a UEFA game, but you could lock them up which many did. But even with them down, there's still bags of room to stand in front of your seat. Unlike our grounds where you're banging your ankles the back the seat in front of kneeing the fella in front of you. The Germans have got this boxed off perfectly.

I don't know if we'll ever get back to that stage in this Country but I'm even more an advocate of rail seating/ safe standing now having experienced it first hand.

Now to continue in the same vein tomorrow and give a woeful Palace side the doing we've owed them for a few years now at Anfield

Up the Homecoming Reds!

Shocking offer for Coutinho, that. You'd think with the Messi-may-leave-if-no-big-new-player news leaking around they'd pull their finger out. 'oh here's 80 mil, if he wins Balon D'or we'll give you some money then, too'. They're clearly tapping/tapped him up, he wants to go, just give a good fee to actually give them something to think about for god's sake.

Shocking offer for Coutinho, that. You'd think with the Messi-may-leave-if-no-big-new-player news leaking around they'd pull their finger out. 'oh here's 80 mil, if he wins Balon D'or we'll give you some money then, too'. They're clearly tapping/tapped him up, he wants to go, just give a good fee to actually give them something to think about for god's sake.
Have someone keep an eye on all the hotels in blackpool to limit their ability to tap him up

Let's have another Benteke day this Saturday!

Good luck but you look an absolute shambles right now huh? Getting wallopped by the new boys at home was the very last start you needed. Zaha missing today just compounds that. Just don't see where any threat comes from without his outlet right now.

Personally, think de Boer's made a big mistake his career with this one. Not that Palace are a bad club. Just he won't get the time. He's trying to change a whole philosophy here ingrained under successive managers who are the polar opposite to his thoughts on the game and that's a long process. I hope for your sake I'm wrong but I can see him being binned before the seasons over given Parish's lack of patience.

And if you could take Sakho back South yer and finally off our hands it would be much appreciated. Ta.

Looked at the XG for Hoffenhiem Liverpool, it was the Germans who created the better chances, rather hat Liverpool. And they should have taken that game. Poor finishing did for them

If poor finishing did for them I don't know what it did for L'pool the clear cut chances they squandered.

But the 2 away they did take should be more than enough.

Despite Liverpool's problems, I just can't see past you winning today. I mean this Palace side leaks goals, is trying to play a style of football that will take a lot of time to integreate especially considering they are used to Sam Allardyce's methods.

This is practically the perfect team for you to face with their style of play. De Boer is in trouble already I think... he needs to get his ways of working and fast or else he is one of the first favourites to be sacked for me.

Back