The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Expg was 3.5. Poor or not, thats seriously unlucky not to win

You're well into this EGPG analysis, aren't you?

I have a friend who's a regular better who is using it as part of his information now before he lays his bets. Honestly not really looked into it but every extra bit of statistical analysis helps today I guess.

Talking of stats, Liverpool are, probably somewhat surprisingly, on their best 38 game rolling run of goals conceded for 4 years. Which coupled with 6 clean sheets out the last 7 league games adds to the steady improvement defensively of the team under Jürgen. Even the massive Achilles heal of defending corners has been promising since the opening day cluster F at Wtaford. 18 faced on the year through 5 games and none conceded since Vicarage Road. Plus we scored from one breaking away ourselves the last game.

Still a ways to go in that regard, as much as we're always liable to give up chances and goals by the very nature of the chances we take the other end/ not playing with a DM protecting et all. But things are certainly trending upward. Interesting that we conceded the exact same amount of goals the second half of last season as the first too. 21 through 19 games. So it was just as much on the down turn in scoring, and more so zero pace once Mané went down, as anything else the second half dip.

Which all makes the Salah and Oxlade-Chamberlain additions as important as the van Dijk pursuit was. Now we have that difference making speed in depth.

Last edited:
Talking of stats, Liverpool are, probably somewhat surprisingly, on their best 38 game rolling run of goals conceded for 4 years. Which coupled with 6 clean sheets out the last 7 league games adds to the steady improvement defensively of the team under Jürgen. Even the massive Achilles heal of defending corners has been promising since the opening day cluster F at Wtaford. 28 faced on the year and none conceded since Vicarage Road.

Still a ways to go in that regard, as much as we're always liable to give up chances and goals by the very nature of the chances we take the other end/ not playing with a DM protecting et all. But things are certainly trending upward. Interesting that we conceded the exact same amount of goals the second half of last season as the first too. 21 through 19 games. So it was just as much on the down turn in scoring, and more so zero pace once Mané went down, as anything else the second half dip.

Which all makes the Salah and Oxlade-Chamberlain additions as important as the van Dijk pursuit was. Now we have that difference making speed in depth.
Yeah I saw that stat then remembered it carried on from the end of last season when we changed our style of play to be more reserved. Still want to see how we do cleansheet wise in our first 10 games when the style is more gungho. Early days but looking good.

You're well into this EGPG analysis, aren't you?

I have a friend who's a regular better who is using it as part of his information now before he lays his bets. Honestly not really looked into it but every extra bit of statistical analysis helps today I guess.

Its not the holy grail, but when you line it up with other stats, it creates a really good picture.

Being replaced by TAA in the now and longterm.....

Interesting to see who plays City and who plays Seville out of Trent and Joe? (Or both games.).

I watched an hour of England 21's 3-0 win over Latvia tonight and the new skipper Gomez was superb in a MOTM performance. (One of only 2 players to play both qualifiers this week.). Trent had a good debut the England U-21's RB. (Ojo also had a very fine debut for the 21's out the right and I believe Dom got on late.). Personally, I wouldn't change the side after Arsenal but I'm not the manager. Shrugs.

Flicked over the hour when Woodburn came on for Wales ..... And there he went again changing the game. Could well have had a penalty on 74 when he was barged over the area. Set up the Welsh first with a great run and cross down the left. Ben Woodburn displaying the only thing he 'doesn't' possess. Next gear pace. Where'd that come from?

https://twitter.com/LFCGlobe/status/905165636632027136

First 2 International appearances in 2 must win WC qualifiers. Both from the bench. 1 Worldie winner and an assist to turn the other game. Not a bad few days for the 17-year-old jewel in the crown.

Talking Internationals, Mo Salah scored the winner for Egypt in their 1-0 win at home to Uganda:

https://twitter.com/LFCFansCorner/status/905133650160865280

And Sadio assisted 1 and scored 1 in Senegal's 2-2 draw in Burkina Faso too:

https://twitter.com/AcademyLFC/status/905138376420065282

https://twitter.com/LFCGlobe/status/905155979439988736

So that's the little rat, Mané, Robertson, Salah, Woodburn and Keita (Guinea were eliminated so he'll be joining from the very start of pre-season next year which is a big bonus) all scored this week with Firmino currently playing Brazil. Not a bad break if they must go play for their Countries.

Last edited:
woodburn going to be a star i have him in every 1 of my fm17 saves even at man u lol

woodburn going to be a star i have him in every 1 of my fm17 saves even at man u lol

Which would be the absolute ideal if you didn't need to spend stupidly to replace Phil at such time as he does leave.

We've 4 or 5 that have every chance of being the backbone going forward. The football clubs flourishing as much as it has at any point the PL era on every level and in every facet.

*Obligatory 'FSG OUT!' Just because it's still a thing apparently.

Which would be the absolute ideal if you didn't need to spend stupidly to replace Phil at such time as he does leave.

We've 4 or 5 that have every chance of being the backbone going forward. The football clubs flourishing as much as it has at any point the PL era on every level and in every facet.

*Obligatory 'FSG OUT!' Just because it's still a thing apparently.
dont think you need to spend big if phil goes just drop bobby back to where phil playes job done let woodburn grow as you dont play with a out an out st but thats just me what the **** do i know

A footballer saying something that will play well with the fans if his new club... knock me down with a feather

You keep on doing that without having the whole picture.

A footballer deciding he wanted to move to Anfield for his career development back in February .... THAT'S the story you need to tell. He's just reiterating it. However the, let's say, 'misguided' comments on here where deadline day.

Figured you'd enjoy that mate. Just because.

[video=youtube;N7hN_DhrSgs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7hN_DhrSgs[/video]

Would imagine it'll be back the 23's against Citeh Sunday for the young stud. Keeping his feet on the ground.

Last edited:
Just as Jose was the man to bring Pogba to another level. Just as Bernardo couldn't refuse to opportunity to work with Pep for similar reasons. Just as every club players join nowadays is the biggest club/one of the biggest in the world. Formality comments. Not saying it's not true, but you'd be naive to believe everything a footballer says. Liverpool is literally the only CL club willing to offer Chamberlain his CM role, if that wide known fact is 'misguided', then I don't know anymore. Klopp improves average players, but that just happens to be a huge bonus to the former factor in his decision, imo

Just as Jose was the man to bring Pogba to another level. Just as Bernardo couldn't refuse to opportunity to work with Pep for similar reasons. Just as every club players join nowadays is the biggest club/one of the biggest in the world. Formality comments. Not saying it's not true, but you'd be naive to believe everything a footballer says. Liverpool is literally the only CL club willing to offer Chamberlain his CM role, if that wide known fact is 'misguided', then I don't know anymore. Klopp improves average players, but that just happens to be a huge bonus to the former factor in his decision, imo

Quite. Just find it interesting how we definitely can't take his views over the last two years. But can now. Doesn't add up.

But it does to completely dismiss them ala van Dijk willing to go anywhere with CL footie who'd pay despite him repeatedly, and still, only willing to sign in one place?

He wanted out of Arsenal at all costs. The position thing was just a small part of that and a handy reason.But hey, apparently he's been 'promised' he'll play inside (he will. Which nobody has denied. But he'll also play outside and where he's needed), and he hasn't come to Liverpool down to seeing Klopp as the perfect man, in the perfect environment to improve his game. So what would we know? Shrugs.

Meanwhile, we'll just enjoy the development of a real talented player stifled at Arsenal (yeah, Wenger playing him WB was stifling him however you want to cut it), now released in our style of play.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/...aining-flexible-preferred-position-liverpool/

There goes Alex pandering to his new fanbase again .....

Whuch being flip aside pretty much just reiterates what's been said. He'll get his chance inside but also will happily play outside or where he's needed. No promises made and no main reason behind the move. But if folk can't see the massive differences in the way L'pool play under their manager to a an attacking talent like that stagnating at Arsenal under Wenger nobody can help them.

Last edited:
Can only really take Ox's word on this one, has an easy chance to join Chelsea and turned it down. Would of been on better money if took the Arsenal contract. So all in all, that narrows it down to believe it was for a personal reason like wanting to join a club where he has the best chance of playing and/or improving under a different manager.

Let's not pretend WB is the only position he's played. They only started 3 at the back this season. He's been a winger, AMC and MC. Best performances came from the wjng

Back