The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Let's not pretend WB is the only position he's played. They only started 3 at the back this season. He's been a winger, AMC and MC. Best performances came from the wjng

Absolutely. 8 different positions in 6 years he was saying Arsenal. That, along with the last year at WB, was what I was alluding to in the England thread by his development being stiffled by Wenger. In what should of been his prime development years.

Hopefully we get that out of him.

Currently sat in a one room Visa place just up from Oxford Road with 6 Scousers, 5 Mancs and one poor Russian woman processing.

But what I love here, as the pub before shooting pool chatting sh*t with a couple of City lads, waiting for me mate, is different lads all respectful of the commitment each are making and just swapping stories about previous trips Moscow and passing on advice.

Said it countless times on here but when you boil it down, we're basically cut from the same cloth and can have a boss time with each other in either of two boss City's. It's just the football that ruins it and turns people into bellends. Often people with absolutely no relation to either City who think out rate hatred to the other is the way to be.

YAY! Just 9 more to go before me now! Progress as I type!

Well that was quite funny. 6 Scousers. I knew 2. They knew another 2. And me mate knew another. And then 3 more came in who we all knew. The Utd lads were like 'WTF?' You lads go anywhere alone?' Lol. Different places. Same old faces.

Interesting point from one the Utd lads that he puts the footie 'unrest' down to the two City's being so much alike. The way we dress. The music we like. Both working class who like a bevvy and a good time and love our footie. And the rivalry to be the biggest and the best between us manifesting itself in the ultimate domain. The football arena.

I 'spose there's a lot in that but all I know is we've got two great City's that rival anything London has to offer today outside of those Royal thingies that only goes **** up when you throw football into the mix.

Last edited:
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/...atile-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-often-possible/

Really enthused to watch this one develop and hopefully Alex finally fulfil his great attacking potential here. Really don't see how anyone can think this is a bad signing who doesn't vastly upgrade the overall squad. Shrugs.

LOVE that Coutinho isn't in the squad for tomorrow. Never really had a doubt he would be, if for a lack of fitness if nottin' else. But make NO mistake, the fitness line is just a part of this. That's a statement to Phil and the squad that no matter who you are, no matter the size of the game, the TEAM comes first.

The way it should always be.

Not too sure on the strong rumour of Mignolet being the PL 'keeper and Karius the CL 'keeper. (With probably Ward adding to the madness by being the domestic cup goalie.). Never been big on cup goalies but at least it's a way to give him top level game time I guess.

I fully intend to finally sit down and watch this lad tonight for the first time. (Presuming he's picked the RBL side.).

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/...klopp-hails-new-liverpool-signing-naby-keita/

It's about time after all the hype.

Why would you play Klaven against City's pace? Guess we'll be dropping off and hitting over the top the break again then?

Why would you play Klaven against City's pace? Guess we'll be dropping off and hitting over the top the break again then?

Thats exactly how i'd play us to be fair. Hit fast, hit hard, hit often (love klopps setup this season)

Salah & Rashford need to get together and discuss these 1on1s

What????
WHY?

Two guys running face to face, you do not raise ur leg in front of you like that.

The fact that even Gary Neville thinks its an appalling decision show how wrong this statement is.

Its a 50/50 challenge, Mane is looking at the ball. Yellow card, at most.

Well done on ruining a great game ref.

Tbf it was a red in the eyes of the law. Should be more annoyed at Manes naivety than the ref, it wasn't like Nani's red all those years ago; Mane was bound to see the keeper coming and knew the risk in raising his leg that high, irregardless of how genuine his attempt to toe poke the ball was

No malice in that what so ever. But he's gotta go by the letter of the law. Right decision at the end of the day. Bit naive by Mane. But can't blame in wanting to go through one on one.

Straight red no doubt. Too bad as it was a good game. Now it looks like Liverpool is going to wilt away.

Back