The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
2c5134f89f4f496a9321c7f4e79653bd

He's swearing at the ref, the others were swearing at the crowd.. Which is what I think the picture was getting at.

I'd be amazed if there is a player who doesn't swear at referees.. It's pretty much all you hear and see when the ref is talking to a player..

Anyway, not making excuses.. If you were trying to be clever by posting a picture of a Liverpool player doing it then... Yes, further proof of the FA's inconsistency.

Rooney was swearing at Linesman, it was not even V sign, he was telling ref to see properly when he missed blatant foul. It happened at OT, why will he flip V sign to ManUtd fans.

Neville's one was obvious. It was for Tevez when there was a spat during Carling cup semi finals.

Read what?

If you're referring to you're essay about why Luis Suarez should be let off blah blah blah then no, I was talking about the posting of pictures of players sticking a finger or two up.

I have the link for Rooney's incident, but Video is on Sun website so I didn't post.

Read what?

If you're referring to you're essay about why Luis Suarez should be let off blah blah blah then no, I was talking about the posting of pictures of players sticking a finger or two up.

In which case, apologies.

Crucially in the Suarez case, the problem Brits have with getting this is that our language doesn’t have an equivalent of ‘negrito’. We don’t have words that reference skin colour affectionately.

And they keep spouting this kind of bullshit.

You can draw an almost 100% exact parallel with the word '*****'. If you call a friend of yours '*****', it's all good and well, but if you call someone you walk by on the street a ***** you're in for some trouble. Just because a word can (And I can't stress this enough) be used affectionately, it doesn't mean it's always the case. Considering you bolded the bit where it says the whole conversation took place in Spanish and it should be judged by someone with knowledge in Spanish, let me tell you that there are literally tens of words in Spanish that can be (and are) used as either insults or affectionately. One of the simplest of examples is the words 'boludo' or 'pelotudo', which could very roughly be translated to 'moron'. It's a word that's almost specific to the Rioplatense dialect of Spanish, and in Argentina it's used daily in chats between friends or family. But, aside from that, it's also one of the most common insults in the country. To cut a long story short - Context is everything.

With that in mind, let's take a look:

Is Evra a friend of Suarez? I don't think so.
Has Suarez even met Evra before? My guess would be he hasn't, either.
Now, considering that and the fact that the conversation took place during one of the most heated derbies in Europe and probably the world (something both Suarez and Evra know or ought to know by now), I think it's a bit too naïve to think that Suarez was being friendly with Evra.

And they keep spouting this kind of bullshit.

You can draw an almost 100% exact parallel with the word '*****'. If you call a friend of yours '*****', it's all good and well, but if you call someone you walk by on the street a ***** you're in for some trouble. Just because a word can (And I can't stress this enough) be used affectionately, it doesn't mean it's always the case. Considering you bolded the bit where it says the whole conversation took place in Spanish and it should be judged by someone with knowledge in Spanish, let me tell you that there are literally tens of words in Spanish that can be (and are) used as either insults or affectionately. One of the simplest of examples is the words 'boludo' or 'pelotudo', which could very roughly be translated to 'moron'. It's a word that's almost specific to the Rioplatense dialect of Spanish, and in Argentina it's used daily in chats between friends or family. But, aside from that, it's also one of the most common insults in the country. To cut a long story short - Context is everything.

With that in mind, let's take a look:

Is Evra a friend of Suarez? I don't think so.
Has Suarez even met Evra before? My guess would be he hasn't, either.
Now, considering that and the fact that the conversation took place during one of the most heated derbies in Europe and probably the world (something both Suarez and Evra know or ought to know by now), I think it's a bit too naïve to think that Suarez was being friendly with Evra.

But Isn't the word used was "Negro"? If I'm not wrong it was not Negrito it was Negro.

But Isn't the word used was "Negro"? If I'm not wrong it was not Negrito it was Negro.

One way or the other, the logic is pretty much the same. It can also be used in a friendly manner, and it can most certainly be used as an insult.

See this is what I don't get... People are saying 'he said negro', 'he said negrito'... We don't even know what he said/ didn't say. We are just going on whatever the media have told us. Until the FA release their written explanation we should just stop discussing it because it's getting stupid.

i feel the fa is bullying suarez ;)

anyway, looking forward to see if the carrol will score tonight, or will the magpie will pwn the reds. 15mins away form KO

Back