The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
In better news, he's expecting both Mané and Lallana, finally, back after the break.

Our two most important/ influential players IMHO. At least the loss of Sadio has been lessened somewhat by having a similar difference maker in Salah this season. But it really can't be understated just how badly we've missed Lallana. At both ends of the pitch. His inventiveness the midfield is glaring when he's not there. And being our hardest working player by far, most everything starts from him. The defence hasn't been helped at all by the big drop off in counter pressing and he's often the trigger to it all.

Can't come back in the side soon enough.

Klopp's just said it's not clear whether he's out tomorrow yet so make of that what you will.

But if he is, time for Oxlade-Chamberlian to shine. Why he was added to the squad. Somewhat lesson's the blow of losing Mané and Coutinho when there's Alex to go along with Salah to fill those spots.

One thing's for sure. There'd better be no Lovren after he pulled him on 30 last week and then all but named him as being the main problem on the day after.

Personally, I'd drop a few. Gomez would defo be switched to centre-half alongside Matip. (But then I'd of started the season like that. Can't praise Joe enough.). And Mignolet's time would now be up. I would say for Ward, if he wasn't injured. But you can't go from Mignolet to him without killing off two 'keepers as Karius is currently the number 2 and next in line. Aside from the trust you'd lose the changies if you did that. The CL bollocks with Karius has patently been a way of starting the end of Mignolet until he can find a way to bump him to the top slot full time so start it now.

I'd also bring Grujic into midfield. Probably for the woeful Can, who looks like he's just counting down the days to January 1 when he can announce his pre-contract with Juve or whomever. Statistically, he's unbelievably been worse in most every facet this year than Captain invisible. But that might be a change too far for Klopp.

It'll say a lot about things his line-up tomorrow after being VERY publicly ****** last Sunday evening. Which isn't like him. And any changes need to have a decent run in the side. None of this 'one game' and back to normal bollocks.

Yeah was going off the Joyce tweet but seen the actual quotes since, blow if he is out Huddersfield will be full of confidence too.

Agree on all points, been meaning to ask about Grujic looks a talent has he been injured or just developing with the 21s?

..... been meaning to ask about Grujic looks a talent has he been injured or just developing with the 21s?

Combination of having his first season last year more or less completely decimated by injury and still developing mate.

Critchley, who's now the U-23's manager, was interestingly saying the last International break that Klopp's specifically asked for him to get some serious action the 23's going forward to regain his form and fitness as he sees him as being a big piece in future seasons. And it was interesting Monday against Utd that he had a complete change from his normal box-to-box 8 role to what we class as a 6/ DM 'type.' And he had, along with Ejaria and Woodburn ahead of him, arguably the MOTM performance sat playmaking from back there whilst being great defensively.

Just seen Salah missed a pen....fair enough.....then I see Milner's starting?

Good professional performance from us. Especially after that woeful first half. Still ****** that Klopp hasn't got the balls to drop both Lovren and Mingolet.

He was waxing praise on Salah takin a last min penalty for egypt but dont give him the responsibility when you have Millie and Bobby on the pitch.

That was pretty mad.

First off, nobody seemed to know if it had been given. Let alone for why? (Anny Road End. Opposite end the ground to me so I'm still in the dark there.). Then you'd a big scrum for who was going to take it from about 5 or 6 eager players. (None of which, strangely, was Milner who now seems like he's not interested since he missed his last one and ruined his perfect record.). Sturridge appeared to of anointed himself. Then Salah had it off him, with Sturridge's arms flailing. And after all that Salah apparently took it like a pass back. (I don't know. Always turn my back on pens. Have done since Rome '84. Superstition/ tradition thing. Shrugs.).

So that's now 3 in a row we've missed. Milner. Firmino. (Who's form went to **** after he missed the one in Europe this year until the second half today.). And Salah.

I think we're gonna' have a raffle for who takes the next one.

Mad game. Mad set of emotions.

****** before the game at the team. Although that said, after the absolutely disgraceful abuse Lovren has gotten this week forcing him off social media (Death threats/ SERIOUSLY? Whoever you are? Liverpool 'fans' <term used VERY loosley>/ opposition fans whoever, you want hunting down and prosecuting. It's a frigging game of football FFS. It really doesn't matter in the great scheme of things. Yers gutless, low life shitbags!), I can understand Klopp leaving him in and not bowing to outside pressure. It's one thing if he was allowed to make the change himself. But after all the abuse and scrutiny, I get the loyalty to stand by and boost his players confidence. Didn't get moving Bobby out wider to accommodate Daniel. They both want to play the middle now and just get in each other's way when he's coming in.

Then came just exasperated, well, nottin'. Sat there the first half bored shitless in arguably the most apathetic, tedious half of football we've experienced under Jürgen. Leaving you HT thinking 'Just where the F are we going here?' Just flat and fed-up.

Then, after he'd got into them HT, the second half happens and it was like everything the previous hour or so had been lifted and the Reds you so know and love were back. (Slight poetic license there but it was 100% better than the first and total dominance back to something like it should be.Funny how that happens when we play at tempo and get bodies forward in numbers huh?).

The preverbal game of two halves. Some superb individual performances. A clean sheet. A gift of a first goal. Brilliantly finished by Daniel. FINALLY, we get some luck in 2017-18! Man it's BOSS to see that dance again! The second goal from a corner. Liverpool Football Club. Scoring with a header. From a CORNER! Then the best of the lot from Gini, All players who desperately needed a goal. A clean sheet. Another desperately needed thing for these Reds right now. And seeing a game out superbly. Fair play to Jürgies bezzie. They battled hard until the end which is exactly what you'd expect from a mini-Klopp. Can't understand why there's still a lot of apathy and narking around on social media. Real good win against a far inferior side that were put away like they should be. What's NOT to like in that?

MOTM Wijnaldum. Not seen that since last season when he was a viable POTY candidate. Man has he BADLY needed to run a game again this season. Topped off with the best goal of the bunch.

Consolidate the position atop the European group Wednesday now and then West Ham next Sat'day evening to set things up nicely for the next break. Then with Sadio and Lallana back, we'll see where we are after the test of attrition through to January 1.

Up the 'Yers having that Captain Picard lad!' Reds!

#kloppin

Just re watched the game gone by. Seems that Klopp has made a slight defensive tweak to the side. If you see the game again you will notice Gomez was essentially acting as a third CB when we had the ball and Moreno was the only fullback allowed to push up. It was very effective although Huddersfield barely pushed up so I want to see how this system will work against better opposition. It was certainly a throwback to when one fullback held whilst the other attacked.

Just re watched the game gone by. Seems that Klopp has made a slight defensive tweak to the side. If you see the game again you will notice Gomez was essentially acting as a third CB when we had the ball and Moreno was the only fullback allowed to push up. It was very effective although Huddersfield barely pushed up so I want to see how this system will work against better opposition. It was certainly a throwback to when one fullback held whilst the other attacked.

As he changed Tottenham on 30 and got us back into the game before another individual error on HT. But he's a one-dimensional coach that isn't tactical. That's how the narrative goes right? *Rolls eyes.

On a related subject, this absolutely sickens me:

Liverpool's Dejan Lovren slams 'disgusting' vile abuse towards family - Liverpool Echo

Absolutely despicable. They want tracing and prosecuting.

Regardless of whether they're L'pool 'fans ' (term used VERY loosely) or trolling opposition fans, they are low life scum, of the earth human beings. What sort of twisted individual does that?

Gutless, pathetic ***** hiding behind the anonymity of a screen.

It's just a game of football for Petes sake! It really doesn't matter all that much in the great scheme of things as we know more than most.

Not that it would resonate with the sick ***** but they should be made watch the very personal video he put out on how he and his family fled the horrific war that broke up the Yugoslav States and everything Dejan has been through in his life to this point to see what type of man he is too.

As he changed Tottenham on 30 and got us back into the game before another individual error on HT. But he's a one-dimensional coach that isn't tactical. That's how the narrative goes right? *Rolls eyes.

On a related subject, this absolutely sickens me:

Liverpool's Dejan Lovren slams 'disgusting' vile abuse towards family - Liverpool Echo

Absolutely despicable. They want tracing and prosecuting.

Regardless of whether they're L'pool 'fans ' (term used VERY loosely) or trolling opposition fans, they are low life scum, of the earth human beings. What sort of twisted individual does that?

Gutless, pathetic ***** hiding behind the anonymity of a screen.

It's just a game of football for Petes sake! It really doesn't matter all that much in the great scheme of things as we know more than most.

Not that it would resonate with the sick ***** but they should be made watch the very personal video he put out on how he and his family fled the horrific war that broke up the Yugoslav States and everything Dejan has been through in his life to this point to see what type of man he is too.

Honestly he needs a break it seems considering the troubles he's had with his personal life currently. A confident and injury free Lovren is a good defender and I still prefer him too Matip who has now been crowned the Glen Johnson of CB's.

Honestly he needs a break it seems considering the troubles he's had with his personal life currently. A confident and injury free Lovren is a good defender and I still prefer him too Matip who has now been crowned the Glen Johnson of CB's.

Glen Johnson of CBs hahahaha love it although I haven't seen enough of him to agree or disagree at this point

Glen Johnson of CBs hahahaha love it although I haven't seen enough of him to agree or disagree at this point

He is one of the laziest players I have ever seen. A master at pretending to effect the play whilst having no effect at all. Fools people because he is excellent on the ball but the actually defending part of his game is probably the worst out of all 4 senior CB's we have.

Lovren is as good a back-up/ 3rd/4th choice as you're gonna' get. But the problem we currently have is him starting. Which in turn bumps Klaven a lot higher than he was ever bought for. If they're just coming in when needed, they're two solid defenders. When they're being asked to play regularly, problems happen.

I wouldn't go that far on Matip haha. Yet. As poor as he continues to be, I think having little confidence in Lovren alongside him and the Belgium clown behind him has knocked his confidence and he often try's to overcompensate for both with disastrous results. (Along with no Lallana and the counter-press helping out the defence going with it. But that's another story.). I'd personally like to see Joe given a good run alongside Matip to see if he regains that confidence to what he was when he first came here before the injury and loss of everything.

One gripe with him is for someone so big he should be FAR more dominant the air and physically the ground. He needs to get a bot of nasty in him.

Lovren is as good a back-up/ 3rd/4th choice as you're gonna' get. But the problem we currently have is him starting. Which in turn bumps Klaven a lot higher than he was ever bought for. If they're just coming in when needed, they're two solid defenders. When they're being asked to play regularly, problems happen.

I wouldn't go that far on Matip haha. Yet. As poor as he continues to be, I think having little confidence in Lovren alongside him and the Belgium clown behind him has knocked his confidence and he often try's to overcompensate for both with disastrous results. (Along with no Lallana and the counter-press helping out the defence going with it. But that's another story.). I'd personally like to see Joe given a good run alongside Matip to see if he regains that confidence to what he was when he first came here before the injury and loss of everything.

One gripe with him is for someone so big he should be FAR more dominant the air and physically the ground. He needs to get a bot of nasty in him.

Thing is Lovren as jekyll and hyde he is. You know he can be an excellent defender when he is confident and injury free. With Matip apart from two months in the beginning of last season has been carp beyond belief. He gets away with it because of how ***** his partner in crime has been. Watching him stroll back after being caught out gives me ptsd nightmares of watching Glen Johnson strolling. Dont get me started on how a 6ft4 CB gets beaten in the air and bullied by sub standard strikers.

P.s he has a 50p head that rivals Sakho except he heads it back into danger.

..... P.s he has a 50p head that rivals Sakho except he heads it back into danger.

Absolutely. We'd pf scored three times from Milner's excellent corners Sat'day were it not for that.

But then it was a miracle from God that we actually scored from one corner to begin with so let\s not get greedy haha.

As a side note, it's funny how opposition fans, not least on here, mock Lovren and always put Matip up as our best defender when in truth has been shockingly bad all this calendar year and the back end of the last. Certainly as bad if not worse at times than everyone else as you noted.

Media perception repeatedly said certainly resinates huh?

Nice of the Egypt manager Cúper to omit Salah from the squad for final dead rubber in 11 days time.

Thanking him. Every little helps.

Absolutely horrific run coming up after this break. From November 18- January 1, everyone has 11 league games in just 46 days. Roughly a game every 4 days. Along with 2 European games for those in Continental competition and a league cup quarter-final for those clubs still in that.

A crazy mad, serious war of attrition that could well decide everything for the second half of the season.

Every club is going to need everyone so the fewer miles in their legs the next few weeks the better.

As a side note, it's funny how opposition fans, not least on here, mock Lovren and always put Matip up as our best defender when in truth has been shockingly bad all this calendar year and the back end of the last. Certainly as bad if not worse at times than everyone else as you noted.

Media perception repeatedly said certainly resinates huh?
You can vote for Dejan to be our player of the month btw on the LFC site. Seen people online putting his name forward as a way to show support. Although I dont think the egyptian lfc fans will care, considering Salah is their main man. Wouldnt suprise me to see him win every month lol.

Vote now: Who was LFC's Player of the Month in October? - Liverpool FC

Back