The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Good to read Pardew before I turn in saying they didn't have a clue the bench either what was going on through the VAR shambles.

If they choose to persist with this, then there's gonna' have to be major changes. Every ground will need big screens to show both the incident and whats going on. Or mic up the refs to the PA and let them explain whats going on. Along with speeding up the process massively.

Because honestly, I'd rather not go the game than have to stand through that absolute shambolic mess that was VAR that game. And I've not spoken to anyone who isn't of the exact same opinion.

I'd rather a ref. get decisions wrong, the game flow, and everyone know what was going on and have something to talk about after than something like last night absolutely destroying watching a game of football.

And we came out the right side of the decisions. Which is the maddest thing of all and say's a heck of a lot when everyone's still wholly ****** over that shambles.

Also I'm not quite sure how is playing a lot of crosses going to help when you have Scandinavian giant Roberto Firmino in the box.
Remember big, mean player called Tim Cahill?
Just like ***, its not really about the size. You need to be smart with your movement, time it right and anticipate it. Playing wide also stretches the defense. But I'll stop. There're guys here who know much more about f'ball than me, they'll know how to say it properly.

You're in Anfield, not 400 miles away. No real excuses for home fans leaving early on a general level when you're 2-3 down

It's unusual behaviour from football fans (no matter what club they support).
I attend every single Ireland match and have to travel from county Meath into Dublin to see them, and even when we are being stuffed by the likes of Germany I stay until the last song is sung.

It's unusual behaviour from football fans (no matter what club they support).
I attend every single Ireland match and have to travel from county Meath into Dublin to see them, and even when we are being stuffed by the likes of Germany I stay until the last song is sung.

Aye.

As for VAR. It's easily fixable. It's almost like in its arrogance football csnt be bothered to look at other sports (ie rugby) and simply lift how they do it. That's the thing that's a shambles about it. The concept is absolutely fine. Just do what rugby do with it. The guys who actually roll in the angles are the same guys and girls who do it for BT Sports and Sky's rugby coverage. It's a simple system that's actually very quick.

And rugby has already proven that it doesn't take away the drama or moment.

It's sadly been a staple of the modern day, PL crowd make up the last 25 years where people leaving early is a frustrating norm everywhere. I don't get it from the simple cost of what we pay now. But then I aren't having to think about say a last train home from a stupidly late kick-off a Sat'day and beating the crowd to make that.

I wonder where Anthony is going next on this? Utd being well under capacity for many games lately despite it 'not' as they put out an attendance on tickets sold. Not actually attended. Forget the reason's behind that with such a wide-reaching fanbase and people not always able to attend. The booing at Anfield yesterday? Although the louder halftime disgruntlement was as much toward the shambolic face of VAR ruing a game of football as it was the shambolic farce from those in red. Lads getting off for a bevvy that first half in absolute mad scenes all round as everyone was just left there in confusion being told nothing that was goin on. They gonna' feel his wrath too?

Where does the narking stop from the comfort of ones living room?

Just play Van Dijk and Klavan together. (Wonder if this would be case if Klavan wasent ill.)

Just play Van Dijk and Klavan together. (Wonder if this would be case if Klavan wasent ill.)

Play van Dijk and Franco Baresi in his prime together, along with Maldini and whatever other World class defender you care to mention. Along with let's say Kante, Makelele and Hamann as three WC sitting midfielders protecting them, and it still wouldn't make much F difference with the sub-standard clowns between the sticks.

But a F quality goalie! Before February. Not waiting until the summer!

Aye.

As for VAR. It's easily fixable. It's almost like in its arrogance football csnt be bothered to look at other sports (ie rugby) and simply lift how they do it. That's the thing that's a shambles about it. The concept is absolutely fine. Just do what rugby do with it. The guys who actually roll in the angles are the same guys and girls who do it for BT Sports and Sky's rugby coverage. It's a simple system that's actually very quick.

And rugby has already proven that it doesn't take away the drama or moment.

Exactly.
It's not like they need to reinvent the wheel? Just copy it directly, job done.

https://twitter.com/WBA/status/958082394560614401

Great move for Daniel. P all over anything West Brom have.

Great move for Albion. Keep him healthy and you've one of the best strikers the league. Massive advantage over the teams the bottom a relegation battle.

We'll see what happens or not between now and 11 PM GMT Wednesday as regards whether this is a good or bad/ risky move for L'pool.

https://twitter.com/WBA/status/958082394560614401

Great move for Daniel. P all over anything West Brom have.

Great move for Albion. Keep him healthy and you've one of the best strikers the league. Massive advantage over the teams the bottom a relegation battle.

We'll see what happens or not between now and 11 PM GMT Wednesday as regards whether this is a good or bad/ risky move for L'pool.
Dont understand the uproar from fans though saying were losing squad depth. People forget we aint losing the 13/14 quality of Sturridge but instead were loaning out an injury prone out of form striker who doesnt suit our system. Ffs the guy struggles to beat defenders 1on1 nowadays something he used to do with ease. Hes place in the squad has been replaced long ago.

Hypothetically, Firmino, God forbid, get's injured and misses a spell. So for a run of PL games, or let's say a CL QF/SF, you'd rather have the exceptionally raw and inexperienced Solanke or the nowhere near rehabilitated Ings (who I don't personally feel is anywhere near top 6 quality even when he was) over a (fit for the spell for the sake of this) Daniel Sturridge? Really?

Because that's what you're potentially looking at if there's nothing of quality coming in that front three. Either a striker to spell/ cover Bobby. Or a wide man to allow Mo or Sadio to play through the middle.

Minutes on the pitch per goal/ assist, he's been our third most productive player this season. As surprising as that may sound.

As we currently stand, we've gone into this window in a serious position of strength. Opened it with a bang with van Dijk. Then lost a key creative player and the second best striker the squad. Taking out 28 goals and 10 assists between them. Closing the window, as we stand, with a whimper somehow ending up with a weaker squad than when we started! When we should have been adding.

Quite weird too that you would loan him to WBA and not to Newcastle when Rafa also wanted him.

Quite weird too that you would loan him to WBA and not to Newcastle when Rafa also wanted him.

I think that was Sturridge's decision. To my knoweldge both Newcastle and WBA offers for Sturridge were accepted.

Hypothetically, Firmino, God forbid, get's injured and misses a spell. So for a run of PL games, or let's say a CL QF/SF, you'd rather have the exceptionally raw and inexperienced Solanke or the nowhere near rehabilitated Ings (who I don't personally feel is anywhere near top 6 quality even when he was) over a (fit for the spell for the sake of this) Daniel Sturridge? Really?

Because that's what you're potentially looking at if there's nothing of quality coming in that front three. Either a striker to spell/ cover Bobby. Or a wide man to allow Mo or Sadio to play through the middle.

Minutes on the pitch per goal/ assist, he's been our third most productive player this season. As surprising as that may sound.

As we currently stand, we've gone into this window in a serious position of strength. Opened it with a bang with van Dijk. Then lost a key creative player and the second best striker the squad. Taking out 28 goals and 10 assists between them. Closing the window, as we stand, with a whimper somehow ending up with a weaker squad than when we started! When we should have been adding.

Have to agree here. I actually rate Ings but his rehabilitation will take some time. Which means that god forbid anything happens to Firmino, we are looking at Solanke up front. Losing Coutinho, loaning Sturridge out and adding VVD is not a good winter window.

Purely down to the player mate as mayankv said. Birmingham lad. West Brom's a stones throw away. Being closer to all his family seems to have been the main appeal between the two for him.

Back