The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Pochettino been a revelation for the English game and what a job he's done with that Spurs team.

The first team I've actually seen to go to Anfield and dominate the game in terms of possession anyway.

Spurs deserved at the very least a point from that game.

They had the same possession as us.. lol

Whoa, what a goal by Big Vic, then even better from Salah. But those 2 pens man, referees are making a meal of the games recently. Something needs to change.

Nice.
Delighted for spurs. They totally deserved something from the match.

At least Klopp got some exercise with his little sprint ;)

They had the same possession as us.. lol

Yeah tbf I forgot City, but I think they looked a lot more in control than you did at Anfield.

Plus I think Pochettino is doing a remarkable job when you consider he can pull this off with a team that has no where near the calibre of City.

Yeah tbf I forgot City, but I think they looked a lot more in control than you did at Anfield.

Plus I think Pochettino is doing a remarkable job when you consider he can pull this off with a team that has no where near the calibre of City.
Poch has done a good job no doubt. But it’s not like he’s managing a bunch of farmers. There quality throughout this side!

Poch has done a good job no doubt. But it’s not like he’s managing a bunch of farmers. There quality throughout this side!

Quality he's built and put into this team.

Mourinho makes United look like a bunch of farmers when we go to Anfield.

Pochettinos big game record may be just as bad, but by god it's more entertaining and playing to win.

That's my one big gripe with Mourinho, he doesn't ever show ambition against managers he has bad record against.

Neither of them do well enough for

I'm not interested in playing like farmers anymore than getting platitudes for playing to win but actually winning nowt. Entertainment for the neutral mind

Quality he's built and put into this team.

Mourinho makes United look like a bunch of farmers when we go to Anfield.

Pochettinos big game record may be just as bad, but by god it's more entertaining and playing to win.

That's my one big gripe with Mourinho, he doesn't ever show ambition against managers he has bad record against.
Whats ambition got Poch? Yes there a good team. But he’s bought good players. Both should be doing better in big games.

Neither of them do well enough for

I'm not interested in playing like farmers anymore than getting platitudes for playing to win but actually winning nowt. Entertainment for the neutral mind

Well we will never know if we would of won the way United approached Liverpool and City this season. We never had any intent to win and that's the most annoying thing.

Pochettino has done a good job no doubt, but let's not exaggerate that he's doing some unearthly miracles with bunch of randoms. He took over a team that during this entire decade consistently finished at least in the top 6.

Pochettino has done a good job no doubt, but let's not exaggerate that he's doing some unearthly miracles with bunch of randoms. He took over a team that during this entire decade consistently finished at least in the top 6.

People also forget he has been shocking transfer wise when given money to spend. From Sissoko, Nkodou, Njie, Sanchez (still early) and now spending 25mill on Moura who is just the Brazilian Sissoko.

I'm not sure if it was a dive, but definitely not a pen either.

Fair point but when you look at a lot of these players his management has pretty much made them... at the top level anyway.

Dier, Alli, Kane are the main core of this team and the glowing example I guess.

I just admire his approach to the game, when your stuck with Mourinho big game attitude it does seem rather unearthly lol

Not been as fuming after a game as that for a LONG time. Ian Salmo encapsulates everything perfectly in this one tweet for me:

Ian Salmon@IanRSalmonFollowFollow
@IanRSalmon​

More

As disgracefully inept refereeing performances go, Jon Moss has produced a whole new low there

10:27 am - 4 Feb 2018 From Liverpool, England

That absolute ****house has now cost us 2 points today in a crucial game. Another potential three at City that not only ended that even game to that point that could have gone either way, but could well be argued changed the whole season for the rest of the league. City went on a winning tear of a record 16 straight PL wins after that. L'pool's confidence took a massive hit the next month, coupled with missing Sadio for three games.

Daylight ****ing robbery. Offside and a dive the first complete joke penalty. Absolutely nottin' the second as Lamella comes across van Dijk and launches himself. Which just compounded Tottenham's game long diving disgrace. If Kane, Lamella, and that horrible little ****e Deli Alli, who did get booked for another disgraceful attempt to con the officials, aren't all done for diving and given 2 game bans like Niase had at Everton then the whole job lot stinks more than they do already.

We should be talking about a super game of footy. L'pool completely dominating a first half 'Spurs were dead fortunate to go in only 1 behind and not the 2 or 3 they deserved. Tottenham, to their credit, picking up the pace and dominating the second half as L'pool lost key midfielders and their grip the middle. Two absolutely belter goals. Mo continuing to smash L'pool goalscoring records. Thought Henderson was superb and controlling the game the first half. Presume he and Milner were injured to be taken off? Lovren SO much better his natural right side. (Funny how that works huh? Lost count the number of times we've screamed at Klopp for not playing him there these hear pages.). The whole defence, who were superb to a man all game today, Karius included, SO much better with no Matip panicking everyone. All we lacked was the final ball or else Tottenham would of been done LONG before Moss and the ***** lino the Main Stand side intervened.

Instead, we're talking about another absolute **** show from Moss and co costing more vital points against near rivals. Absolute disgraceful joke.

Unlucky Redmen. Yuse should be sat with three real hard-earned points now if it wasn't for the complete horse**** decisions of the officials, conned by the ****house Tottenham players, robbing yers blind.

Absolutely fuming! And straight home after a match and not getting bevvied with Porto in mind isn't helping my demeanour!

Back