The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Not long got back. **** me not been so annoyed at a match in a long ******* time. I have only seen the second pen decision on replay, the rest I haven't seen yet.

Alli definitely dove, and it was ******* despicable. Surprised the ref actually got the right decision. Even though the ref played play on for the second pen, I had the perfect view of VVD pulling out of the tackle.

Lino clearly fancied being on tele primetime on a Sunday, and the ref didn't even have the balls to wave him off.

Was the tackle on TAA a red in the first half? Sure looked it from where I was.

There's no 'u wot' about it. Neither was a penalty. The officials were conned both times by blatant dives.

Kane, offside to start with, leaves his leg in on Karius. Lamela comes across van Dijk and launches himself.

It there's not retrospective action for attempting to deceive (and succeeding) the officials like happened to Niase somethings WHOLLY wrong.

Not long got back. **** me not been so annoyed at a match in a long ******* time. I have only seen the second pen decision on replay, the rest I haven't seen yet.

Alli definitely dove, and it was ******* despicable. Surprised the ref actually got the right decision. Even though the ref played play on for the second pen, I had the perfect view of VVD pulling out of the tackle.

Lino clearly fancied being on tele primetime on a Sunday, and the ref didn't even have the balls to wave him off.

Was the tackle on TAA a red in the first half? Sure looked it from where I was.

They were a disgrace all game mate with the diving and leaving studs in.

Lost the little respect I ever had for Tottenham to start with. (Admittedly that was down to more than enough run-ins with their ****house fans over the years but all relative.).

https://streamable.com/iui3e

Im convinced the linesman had money on a 2-2 draw like me. Anyway dont understand why Kane has to do a 5 star frog splash, hes already done the hard part. Just tap it into an empty net.

It's clearly a pen. Klopp thought it was a pen, the Liverpool players interviewed though it was a pen. He's caught him on the back of calf.

Klopp thought it was what now?

I must be sat here catching up watching completely different post-match interviews. Both immediately after the game and in the post match presser.

It's clearly a pen. Klopp thought it was a pen, the Liverpool players interviewed though it was a pen. He's caught him on the back of calf.

"I don't understand either of the penalty situations. The first one was offside and the second, I know already what the ref and his assistant will say. There was a touch, a little touch. But Lamela has jumped into him and wanted the touch and to go down."

Again, I don't think 2nd penalty was a dive, but it wasn't a foul either.

Lamela goes in and tries to shield the ball by turning with his back, as he should. VVD on his part doesn't even see Lamela, he's ball watching the whole time and swings at the ball to clear it, as he should. They both do what you would expect a player to do and they're both within their right to do that. No rule is being broken, it's a contact sport and sometimes people will clash like that.

Basically Lamela runs into VVD's leg while it's in motion, it's not a faul but it definitely hurt so I don't blame him for going down and trying to milk it.

Mo continues to shatter records which seems to be a weekly thing this season.

Fastest L'pool player to 20 league goals in a season now the PL era. (21 through 25 games.).

The Egyptian King.

Mo continues to shatter records which seems to be a weekly thing this season.

Fastest L'pool player to 20 league goals in a season now the PL era. (21 through 25 games.).

The Egyptian King.

His nickname is Sand Basten. Get with the program.

"I don't understand either of the penalty situations. The first one was offside and the second, I know already what the ref and his assistant will say. There was a touch, a little touch. But Lamela has jumped into him and wanted the touch and to go down."

Did you watch sky. Because I've literally just seen him say it was a pen

Liverpool midfielder James Milner speaking to Match of the Day: "Disappointing, being in the lead and then what happened with the penalty save and Mo (Salah) thinking it's a match-winning moment, to have it snatched away is disappointing.

"Seeing it (the penalty) again afterwards there is contact. The referee has said 'no' but the linesman is 100% right away. The first penalty was obviously offside, but Loz (Karius) has pulled off a good save.

"It was disappointing we could not control the game second half a bit more, couldn't get that goal to get us over the line.

"They are a good side and move the ball quickly. When you have the majority of the ball, that pressing you are not doing so often, but it wasn't as easy to get up to them as quickly."

Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius speaking to Sky Sports: Everyone is very frustrated, everyone wants to get the win. We scored in the last minute so it’s difficult to describe how you don’t get the three points.

On punching cross for Wanyama goal: It’s difficult to say if that was a mistake because there were so many bodies around. I reacted late and got it away. I still got good distance on it. From that range 90% of the shots I’m able to save but that one, unfortunately not. I don’t think that was my mistake. It was a wonder strike.

On first penalty decision: The ball was played through, it rolled off Dejan’s foot and then I had the decision to come or not. I took the risk and he probably touched me a bit as I pulled my arm away, but if that’s a penalty then so be it.

On penalty save from Kane: I watch my opponents before the game and I had a feeling that in the big games he tends to go down the middle and it paid off. Unfortunately for the second one he didn’t show any nerves and put it in.

For Pete's sake:

[video=youtube;xrLsMr7kKi0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLsMr7kKi0[/video]

I also agree with Klopp on the "offside".

What is to stop a ST standing in the opposition penalty box, and his team try to bounce a pass of the other teams defense? If its not a clear pass from the other team, it should be offside

Back