The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
What did MOTD say anyone?

My opinion: Kane was offside for the first (haven't seen any replays/expert opinions since the match to change my mind) but the second was a pen. VVD was admittedly unlucky (which I didn't initially think, I thought it was rash from first glance) as he only had only eyes for the ball, and then in flies Lamela and becomes a human football. Somewhat reminds me of the Nani sending off vs. Madrid. It's a foul, irregardless of intent. A very unlucky one, however.

Was gonna add if anyone needs proof how much quality Hendo provides to that midfield, just watch the 2nd half when he came off and how easy Spurs began to transition to attack. Midfield was being bypassed constantly and Ox who had he's worst game in an LFC shirt for me. The worst was Wiji who done nothing to impose himself, he has been utter rubbish this season and I worry for his long term future. It's a travesty that we only have one mid in Hendo who is defensively competent. Really wish we hadn't sold Lucas.

What did MOTD say anyone?

My opinion: Kane was offside for the first (haven't seen any replays/expert opinions since the match to change my mind) but the second was a pen. VVD was admittedly unlucky (which I didn't initially think, I thought it was rash from first glance) as he only had only eyes for the ball, and then in flies Lamela and becomes a human football. Somewhat reminds me of the Nani sending off vs. Madrid. It's a foul, irregardless of intent. A very unlucky one, however.

First one was correct from what I have seen. Lovren clips the ball and plays Kane on-side.

I'm not sure how you can compare to Nani vs. Madrid. Nani's play was reckless with high foot, VVD just plays the ball normally like people do a 100 times every game. It's more similar to Rondon breaking McCarthy's leg couple of weeks ago.

First one was correct from what I have seen. Lovren clips the ball and plays Kane on-side.

I'm not sure how you can compare to Nani vs. Madrid. Nani's play was reckless with high foot, VVD just plays the ball normally like people do a 100 times every game. It's more similar to Rondon breaking McCarthy's leg couple of weeks ago.

He told his official, who didn't know if Lovren touched it, that he himself also didn't know if Lovren touched it. Pretty sure it's in the law that you can't award if you're not sure? Think Harry took a dive too, personally. Whatever way you look at it, very very dubious decision.

Similar to Nani as in he only had eyes for the ball & didn't know there was a man there?! A foul's a foul mate, whether it's deliberate or accidental. Soft? Yes. Unlucky? Yes. A foul? Yes. If it happens in the centre circle it's blew up, there's no subset of rules for inside the box.

Last edited:
Similar to Nani as in he only had eyes for the ball & didn't know there was a man there?! A foul's a foul mate, whether it's deliberate or accidental. Soft? Yes. Unlucky? Yes. A foul? Yes. If it happens in the centre circle it's blew up, there's no subset of rules for inside the box.

Nani didn't get a red because he had eyes on the ball, he got a red because he went kung fu style with high feet. It was dangerous play to people around him. VVD does nothing out of ordinary here. It's a completely different situation.

Is it a foul? Does it get blew up at the half way line?

MOTD bang on, in my opinion. First one not, second one yes.

Pretty much, cant see the Lovren touch but can see the man/line so should to call it offside. 2nd one sees VVD boot the player. gives it. simple stuff.

MOTD bang on, in my opinion. First one not, second one yes.

Just like I still believe the penalty the Derby on Lovren December was a clear penalty and you didn't, I strongly disagree here. But hey, let's say it was. Lamela is clearly offside regardless so they doubly F up. Just to compound the disgrace.

DVNlZlIXkAAe-j3.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/Oliver__Bond

Oliver Bond

@Oliver__Bond

·6h

Former referee Keith Hackett: “There was generally poor teamwork between Moss and his two assistants, both of whom were frankly poor and below the standard expected at Premier League level.”

Again, we seriously need to make an issue of this ***** like we did that fat F Lee Mason and get him removed from any of our games.

Last edited:
Just like I still believe the penalty the Derby on Lovren December was a clear penalty and you didn't, I strongly disagree here. But hey, let's say it was. Lamela is clearly offside regardless so they doubly F up. Just to compound the disgrace.

DVNlZlIXkAAe-j3.jpg
He's offside but to say it's clear is pushing it, some of his leg is just offside.

Also slightly off topic but Lamela looks like he is missing arms in that photo

Anyway, if Lamela doesn't go down then he's through on goal, so there's that.

Anyway, if Lamela doesn't go down then he's through on goal, so there's that.

The issue here is that VVD has let him get into that position. Everything is a lottery at that point.

Is this seriously the rule? Again, whats top stop people exploiting this and just having a player in the box and smashing it long in the hope of getting a deflection?

If this is genuinely the rule, its completely stupid. If its a deflection, it should still be offside.

Everton absolutely hate us. I don't think I need to tell anyone that. And they delight in skitting you with just about anything they can with L'pool. But there's not one in here this morning who doesn't think either penalty decision (Or Dele's dive that was caught as part of Tottenham's gameplan) was a complete joke and nowhere near penalty's with L'pool robbed blind. Which say's everything.

When Evertonians are standing up for Liverpool but the F authorities will doubtless do absolutely nottin' (in either reprimanding the officials. Or retrospectively banning Tottenham players for deception) then something is WHOLLY wrong.

Quality he's built and put into this team.

Mourinho makes United look like a bunch of farmers when we go to Anfield.

Pochettinos big game record may be just as bad, but by god it's more entertaining and playing to win.

That's my one big gripe with Mourinho, he doesn't ever show ambition against managers he has bad record against.

For such a quality, entertaining side they were shamefully like an old school snide Italian outfit yesterday.

Is this seriously the rule? Again, whats top stop people exploiting this and just having a player in the box and smashing it long in the hope of getting a deflection?

If this is genuinely the rule, its completely stupid. If its a deflection, it should still be offside.

It's not supposed to be fair, it's supposed to benefit the attacker

Back