The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Or maybe it's a sign of the need for fans to be outraged these days. A lot of things needed to go wrong for Liverpool to be in that position. VVD should never have let the ball get that far. It ignores the fact that Spurs were well worth their point too

Well you won't find me being one of those fans that need to be outraged...I still remember the Souness years In charge of Liverpool so until it gets that bad I'm more than happy with how things are.
I do agree VVD should have dealt with the situation better but we won't see the best of him in a LFC shirt 'till next season.

Scouse has a point though. The way referring controversies are handled on a official level, reminds me a lot of medical malpractice lawsuits. A surgeon could mistakenly do forehead removal instead of foreskin removal, and 99 times out of a 100 his colleagues and medical boards will still find ways to defend him.

Pretty much the same **** here, we have them recorded on live tv making a decision in a way they're not allowed to, and all the officials are acting as if it didn't happen.

And before someone says they used TV to make a correct decision so it's not a problem. It's a huge ******* problem because refs shouldn't arbitrarily decide when to use TV and when not to. It opens the door for massive corruption. Why consult the TV for Spurs call and not for some uncertain calls Pool had? Maybe he wanted to make a good decision, or maybe he had money on 2-2.
https://streamable.com/b82b5

Lol. He had money on a 2-2 like me. XD

Well you won't find me being one of those fans that need to be outraged...I still remember the Souness years In charge of Liverpool

You remember all the way back to the 90's??
Wowsers!! ;)

I do agree VVD should have dealt with the situation better but we won't see the best of him in a LFC shirt 'till next season.

Which all wouldn't have been an issue and he'd of cleared it if a diving little Argentinian **** hadn't appeared on the scene. After his mate being off-side to start with.

Don't add mate. The diversion going on there from where the attention should be is, well, something to be polite and we'll leave it t that.

Yay. Just super.

What should have been a great weekend left sat a game out of second, with a 3 point lead over Chelsea in fourth and 2 game lead over Tottenham in fifth; is completely different thanks to Tottenham's cheating and the complete incompetence of Moss and his mates falling for it.

Nottin' to be ****** at, at all.

Well you won't find me being one of those fans that need to be outraged...I still remember the Souness years In charge of Liverpool so until it gets that bad I'm more than happy with how things are.

Indeed, regardless of the controversy, if you're needing to swing your boot like that in your penalty area, you've already ****** up. Nothings gonna change now, so onwards and upwards now.

It's like Zidane's headbutt being only called after 4th official saw it on a stadium screen. Correct call no doubt, but you can't use TV just for that and not for other calls in a 120 minute game filled with cynical fouls and cheating from both sides.

That setting his own precedence in not having a clue what was going, calling for a TV look they don't have, then saying 'F it. I'm giving a penalty anyway Bujakaa?' If so then yeah, great post.

Meanwhile, Keith Hackett has said he'd of suspended Moss and brought a formal investigation had he still been in the position Atkinson is for bringing the integrity of all officials into debate by calling for a TV look alone. (Along with being one of a number of current/ ex-officials to take the opposite view that in his words “For me, the actions of Kane standing in an offside position interfered with the actions of Lovren.”).

When so many officials are in such disagreement about the interpretation of the offside law, then something is badly wrong with it and it needs unilaterally clarifying and amending where appropriate.

Last edited:
Scous, the way Moss handled the situation is utter disgrace yeah, he instantly understand that he should not have asked for TV, there for the decision was done right after asking that. For that he should have called everything off and play on.

But without all that ****** thing, it was correct decision and he still saw the situation correctly, he needed to be sure in instant and thus went for second referee. This Lovrent thing is in the rule book and has happened before u cant blame refs for following them.

On this ref subject it has been getting so mad how refs are beaten by every decision they make, is it right or wrong. They have done ****** decision but still the amount they are getting every game and defiantly off the pitch also. They will be prone to more and more mistakes.
If people start telling they need to ban or fire refs for this kind of tight grey area decision. Then Lallana should be fired because how he assaulted that boy and the list can go soooo long.

Just seen what Lallana done, what a little *****. Love to see him try that to a hardened senior and not some kid.

..... If people start telling they need to ban or fire refs for this kind of tight grey area decision. Then Lallana should be fired because how he assaulted that boy and the list can go soooo long.

Hackett calling for him being suspended through an independent investigation into his dubious conduct for something not in play here isn't the same as firing him.

But regardless, how's that work? Lallana, like any other player, has received a three-game ban for that nonsense.

Where's the accountability for Moss or any other official's repeated, costly mistakes?

Hackett calling for him being suspended through an independent investigation into his dubious conduct for something not in play here isn't the same as firing him.

But regardless, how's that work? Lallana, like any other player, has received a three-game ban for that nonsense.

Where's the accountability for Moss or any other official's repeated, costly mistakes?
A 3 match ban which only counts for non first team games, so effectively he could play in the next Premiership game where's the logic in that?

A 3 match ban which only counts for non first team games, so effectively he could play in the next Premiership game where's the logic in that?

Look at you trying to equate the two but hey, if you want to, he’s suspended from the competition he committed the offence in. As should officials be sanctioned the PL level if they make such a cluster F and open up all their colleagues to the can of worms they were caught on audio opening as Moss and Smart did Sunday.

The argument that a ban should be unilateral at every level is a whole other debate.

I wasn't referring to the ref situation (normally I would delete the bits of the post that weren't relevant but I was distracted). Refs should be accountable for their actions however, the commitee in charge of them is as bad if not worse than the FA at times. I apologise for the confusion.

Back