The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Thanks for the clarification man. Sorry. Thought it was a continuation from above.

And yeah, absolutely. You only have to look at the first paragraph of the PGMOL statement yesterday.#34610

Instead of dealing with the issue, that's straight up '****. He's opened up a real can of worms here and we need to cover ourselves. Quick, who can come up with the best story?' Laughably inconsistent PR bunkum to actual events. I used to come up with better excuses when I got lashed out of class and had to quickly come up with something to smooth it over with the Head.

He's not my sole choice, although I like him as a manager and the way he has improved certain players.

But that doesn't excuse any of it, it's the FA's fault lets be honest... how long have they let this roll on without any meaningful punishment or action to stop it?

if they just followed the VAR of Rugby it would eradicate a lot of this nonsense straight away... but no... they go their own way with it which is a complete mess and will take longer to fix.

Super 49 minute pod from Graham Hunter talking to Andy Robertson:

https://www.acast.com/thebiginterviewwithgrahamhunter/andyrobertson-whenthekopsingsyourname?autoplay

Done just after the City game last month so there's some great chat on the gameplan from that one in there along with just what it's like to work under Jürgen and anecdotes from his career in general from a top footballer's mindset. Robo comes across superbly too. Dead articulate, intelligent, and funny young man. (Honestly the first time I've ever really heard him speak at length.).

Mad to think that many questioned the signing along the lines of 'Andy who?/ A F cheap buy from Hull F City? FSG OUT!!!!! etc.' Man has he thrown those words back proving again you don't have to spend the biggest amounts on the biggest names to get a quality player who completely fits what you do.

We won and I didnt catch the game. Hmmm.

Comfortable mate. Scored a couple of belters first half. Second killed it after Southampton had looked pretty good coming back into it. Helped again by ourselves as we done another 'Spurs and madly sat back protecting it inviting them on which showcased Karius newfound confidence. The good-looking ******* had his second boss game in a row. Didn't think I'd be typing this year but he's finally looking like the fella' we thought we'd bought. Mad how yer goalie refinds his confidence when he's not **** scared of being binned for every little mistake huh? Note to r Jürgey: Don't you DARE F bring that Belgium ***** back in Wednesday!

van Dijk handled everything with consummate ease. (He's a ****! yanno? Like his mate Degsy. Seems to be the universal insult of choice from those 'nice' Torry Brexiteers down the South Coast.). One super run second half that had it ended up a goal would have been the icing on the cake. Talking Lovren, perfect injury time sub to come on and relish the hate of those still left the ground their side. Numero uno ****! Not sure if even big Virge has replaced him as public enemy #1 down there which is quite amusing.

Second half was a comfortable exercise managed really well with a slew of chances to extend it. Sadio is just trying too hard the end product at the minute. Overall play was good but it's just not quite there. But as he has through this up and down spell, he's not hiding, getting in positions, and being a major menace to be accounted for. Mo was Mo. Bobby was Bobby. Can was Can. Matip was Matip. First two superb as per. Second two the worst players in Red. As so often.

Composed, unspectacular, hard graft professional outing.

The only frustrating thing is that the table should be reflecting what we are. The second best footballing side in the Country was it not for the incompetence of Moss and the deceptive cheats from North London.

Goosed. Remind me again why I thought it would be a good idea to drive Southampton and back one day. Then return the next almost as far to frigging Stansted?

Up the Lovren Cuntish Reds!

Last edited:
It maybe i'm a little biased on this observation but whenever Karius makes a mistake he gets torn to shreds (mainly by pundits who never played in goal) but when he makes a decent save the pundits & commentators say nothing...Alan Smiths' commentary is boring at best but when Karius tipped the ball over the bar against Southampton nothing was mentioned.
Surely if he had flapped at it and goal was scored he would've been slaughtered...

Also getting fed up with pundits criticising Keepers unless there De Gea, Loris, Courtois...the majority of these pundits were outfield players so they have no idea what it's like in goal...

Anyways rant over!XD

It maybe i'm a little biased on this observation but whenever Karius makes a mistake he gets torn to shreds (mainly by pundits who never played in goal) but when he makes a decent save the pundits & commentators say nothing...Alan Smiths' commentary is boring at best but when Karius tipped the ball over the bar against Southampton nothing was mentioned.
Surely if he had flapped at it and goal was scored he would've been slaughtered...

Also getting fed up with pundits criticising Keepers unless there De Gea, Loris, Courtois...the majority of these pundits were outfield players so they have no idea what it's like in goal...

Anyways rant over!XD

If Pool bought De Gea, Loris or Courtois, they would still get smashed after one mistake. Just because Pool gk and media...

Anyways rant over!XD

Jamie Carragher being one of the loudest gobshites of the lot.

Convinced he’s more blue than red if truth be told yanno. Embarrassing mess that he’s become since hanging his boots up. When you have FAR more respect for what Neville has to say in general, something is massively wrong.

Talking the media as well @KentClark, it'd be nice if they put to bed another mad narrative about L'pool needing a 20 goal-a-season striker too.

Bobby now on 20. Mo sat on 29. Not even halfway through February.

Holy moly! And it didn't seem too cold yesterday. Tried a few snow flurries but it was a heck of a lot colder up here than down there.

Wear two pairs of socks.

Yeah the worst of the cold will be next few nights apparently. I'm genuinely shocked at that piece

WTF, was he playing barefoot or something? Winters in Poland being what they are, I played in snow, I played on ice, I even played on frozen lake once. Never heard about this sort of thing happening. Granted when weather was bad, me and other kids would play in high winter boots, not sneakers. But we also played for 3 hours not 10 minutes like Lallana.

Weird.

WTF, was he playing barefoot or something? Winters in Poland being what they are, I played in snow, I played on ice, I even played on frozen lake once. Never heard about this sort of thing happening. Granted when weather was bad, me and other kids would play in high winter boots, not sneakers. But we also played for 3 hours not 10 minutes like Lallana.

Weird.

R mate the Big Pole.

AKA One Bad *** MF!

R mate the Big Pole.

AKA One Bad *** MF!

Hey, it's just oldschool parenting for you. Aka, go play outside and we don't care what you do as long as you're back before sunset.

Playing on a frozen lake with zero adult supervision is not even in top 10 stupidest things I've done.

Back