The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Hey, it's just oldschool parenting for you. Aka, go play outside and we don't care what you do as long as you're back before sunset.

Playing on a frozen lake with zero adult supervision is not even in top 10 stupidest things I've done.

I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in reading that list :P

Porto apparently scored 7 goals from set pieces and forced an own goal for another in the Champions League group stages. That's over a goal a game which is ridiculous, liverpool will have to make sure to limit any set piece opportunities

Thing on it here for anyone interested, has some videos if you go down a bit and I have to say Telles can really hit a nice cross and long throws as a bonus, United should get him just for set pieces

Last edited:
Stop is Bobby! You arent allowed to bring out that filth regularly on the pitch!!

I think that is the best celebration copy mane is done so far

I was gonna say after Mane got his first that he still looks really poor, but I hope that the goal gives him some more confidence. Looks like it did so and more!

Well that was easy. Seriously did Porto have Mingo in goal or something, every shot at him looked like it would fly in.

I think that is the best celebration copy mane is done so far

That’s frigging hilarious bless him. It’s like he’s trying so hard to geg in on everyone else and be wanted but he’s absolutely adored regardless.

I’m exceedingly drunk at half 4 in the AM so I’ll be brief. Superb display from the Reds. Porto’s heaviest home defeat Europe ever. For a team that’s not lost at home all season. I think that’s L’pool’s record knockout away win but I’m too goosed to check. That’s now 7 and 5 goal victories away in Europe this year which is F ridiculous the same season. 18 away goals through 5 European away games. 34 goals scored through 9 CL games this year. Nobody, but NOBODY, will want to draw this gang of goals for fun Reds the quarters.

And as much as we love Sadio,his compadre Mo man ..... 30 F goals through 38 games. F the English player of the year. He’s pushing for the best in Europe. That goal tonight ..... Cooler than the Fonz.

Much more of this, and I might just convert to Islam! Seriously.

Not had this much fun a European run in like forever. Not had rooms booked Kiev since the summer for fun.

Up the European F Royalty Reds!

its what we do.

So Liverpool win 5-0 against Porto and make it two clean sheets in a row...so what do the pundits do, they say they still are defensively vulnerable!

As a team they're playing with great effort even if some of the individual performances lapse more often than not...for me it's just lazy punditry like berating Karius (8 clean sheets in 16 games btw) every game.

Again rant over!XD

So Liverpool win 5-0 against Porto and make it two clean sheets in a row...so what do the pundits do, they say they still are defensively vulnerable!

As a team they're playing with great effort even if some of the individual performances lapse more often than not...for me it's just lazy punditry like berating Karius (8 clean sheets in 16 games btw) every game.

Again rant over!XD

Let them continue to talk ***** mate. It’s a laboured, ilimformed rhetoric. We see it on here. L’pool roll over smaller teams. Notin’. L’pool lose/ drop points in a game against a smaller side. It’s junped all over and spun to the same bollocks ends as the media do.

Just let it wash over yer safe in the knowledge that our defence isn’t half as bad as the tired arl rhetoric would have you believe. To your point, the difference since we signed, if not the best centre-half in England, certainly a top, TOP draw one on a level with anyone, has been marked in such a short period of time. They’re a unit again under his leadership back there keeping a terrific, tight shape with the midfielders helping out superbly too protecting the FB’s in particular.

Replace a clapped out cortina like Matip with a Rolls Royce like big Virge and who knew the whole back line would be hugely upgraded?

Let them continue to talk ***** mate. It’s a laboured, ilimformed rhetoric. We see it on here. L’pool roll over smaller teams. Notin’. L’pool lose/ drop points in a game against a smaller side. It’s junped all over and spun to the same bollocks ends as the media do.

Just let it wash over yer safe in the knowledge that our defence isn’t half as bad as the tired arl rhetoric would have you believe. To your point, the difference since we signed, if not the best centre-half in England, certainly a top, TOP draw one on a level with anyone, has been marked in such a short period of time. They’re a unit again under his leadership back there keeping a terrific, tight shape with the midfielders helping out superbly too protecting the FB’s in particular.

Replace a clapped out cortina like Matip with a Rolls Royce like big Virge and who knew the whole back line would be hugely upgraded?

Nicely put mate...
Tbh I thought when Matip was signed he'd bring a calmness to the defence...watching him over the past season & a bit he is a good defender but the premier league is just to quick for him as his reactions are too slow...that's not knocking him just a general opinion.
Loving the work ethic of the squad right now Klopp has ingrained his philosophy on the team.

As a former keeper myself I'm in that union hence the support for Karius...he is a decent keeper just needs more confidence ie game time...also Danny Ward should be on the bench instead of Mignolet as Klopps' made up his mind over him.

Karius has genuinely poor positioning. And I lay this at the feet of your goalkeeping coach, and the player. Too many excuses from Liverpool fans over him. It's not confidence, its basics. He's moves in the wrong direction too often, before making a save attempt. This is a clear sign he hasnt got enough power in his leap. And then the stats are used subjectively to back him up, like they are when Liverpool go through their on off defensive issues. Neither keeper is actually good enough. And I'd bet money on Liverpool attempting another GK signing in the summer

Again rant over!XD

Press just being lazy picking up on, every time you get in a 3-4-5 game run, they then blow a lead somewhere or lose a game somewhere *****, and have to start again. Defence isn't terrible just easy articles during transfer windowless months. Football press is gash at fluff pieces.

Karius has genuinely poor positioning. And I lay this at the feet of your goalkeeping coach, and the player. Too many excuses from Liverpool fans over him. It's not confidence, its basics. He's moves in the wrong direction too often, before making a save attempt. This is a clear sign he hasnt got enough power in his leap. And then the stats are used subjectively to back him up, like they are when Liverpool go through their on off defensive issues. Neither keeper is actually good enough. And I'd bet money on Liverpool attempting another GK signing in the summer

It would be really nice if we could get a better goalkeeping coach, Lord knows how Achterberg is still in a job when he seems to take good keepers backwards

It would be really nice if we could get a better goalkeeping coach, Lord knows how Achterberg is still in a job when he seems to take good keepers backwards

None of your keepers are improving under him. Forget whether you think any are cut out for the elite or not, they all are stagnating. Needs binning off

Of course it's confidence...now he has had a run of games his game is more consistent. Yes his positioning can be a little off but it's not Liverpool fans making excuses for him...
Also there isn't a great selection of world class keepers to get to replace Karius or Ward...Butland would be my choice but romours there looking at Allison at Roma...again personally I'd like a British keeper.

None of your keepers are improving under him. Forget whether you think any are cut out for the elite or not, they all are stagnating. Needs binning off

I do agree with your opinion of John Achterberg though...I remember watching him play for Tranmere & he was shocking!!

Karius has stood tall and made some great blocks the last few games.

So his positioning must be improving somewhere. Shrugs.

Back