The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
..... Liverpool have 2 players in the top 10 list of players with most big chances missed (Salah at 1 and Mane at 7/8) IIRC.

*Whispers we also have a CH who lead the league this year in contested headers won and tackle/ dual's won success ratio among other things.

But keep it to yourself as folk apparently don't realise just how special a difference he's been on everyone. ;)

I'm pretty sure they did that last year or two years ago as well. Either way it is a great gesture and all finals should be easily viewable.

Yeah they put our UEFA Cup final in Basle on free-to-air telly 2 years ago which was real nice of them too.

Completely agree. Certain sporting events (major finals/ National teams playing etc) should be free for all. As they are in most Country's. But this is Britain in 2018 where we'd charge you for breathing if we could.

Linked with Butland it seems I guess Karius has done enough to convince Jurgen he has the potential to be a top-class Gk. That should mean Mignolet gets the boot finally and Butland can come in and compete for the no.1 spot with Karius.

Linked with Butland it seems I guess Karius has done enough to convince Jurgen he has the potential to be a top-class Gk. That should mean Mignolet gets the boot finally and Butland can come in and compete for the no.1 spot with Karius.

I seriously hope those rumours are absolute B/S.

I'd rather roll with Ward or Grabara on the bench personally. Butland, like most every English goalie (Pope should be starting the WC if form has anything to do with it) is terrible IMHO. Overrated and overhyped just because he's English. Like the short-armed lad over the park at Everton. £30 million for him? SERIOUSLY? The game the other month at Anfield ..... Man alive, if that didn't open up Reds eyes to just how bad Butland is nothing will.

Last edited:
****** **** Butland would be a step back from Karius and a terrible deal for both parties especially him. Agree with Scouse here :O

I seriously hope those rumours are absolute B/S.

I'd rather roll with Ward or Grabara on the bench personally. Butland, like most every English goalie (Pope should be starting the WC if form has anything to do with it) is terrible IMHO. Overrated and overhyped just because he's English. Like the short-armed lad over the park at Everton. £30 million for him? SERIOUSLY? The game the other month at Anfield ..... Man alive, if that didn't open up Reds eyes to just how bad Butland is nothing will.
I'm done dissecting Klopp's transfers after how wrong I was about Chambo. However, Butland had the potential to be class a few years back but he is so fecking injury prone for a keeper that everytime he gets into form he gets injured again. Would take him as backup to karius but not at the price quoted. Ward will be off imo and rightly so been messed about this season.

I'm done dissecting Klopp's transfers after how wrong I was about Chambo. However, Butland had the potential to be class a few years back but he is so fecking injury prone for a keeper that everytime he gets into form he gets injured again. Would take him as backup to karius but not at the price quoted. Ward will be off imo and rightly so been messed about this season.

I'm wondering if we'll sacrifice a top notch goalie for another year at the expense of other areas?

I mean I'd personally make Alisson or Oblak a priority but let's say Pulisic, Fakir and Jorginho are the main summer purchases, that's one big chunk of serious money.

As much as I'd feel uneasy going into a full season with Karius, with the massive difference big Virge has made to the rest of that back line in organising everyone into a real solid unit, with the addition of Nabby's non-stop, everywhere motor at the back end as well as going the other way, and another quality 6 to rotate with Henderson adding to that solidity the back end (and maybe Wijnaldum who's looking like a new man again in this deeper role), I could see the reasoning in adding more top quality, and then better depth by association the rest of the squad, now and reassesing the 'keeper situation next summer.

I'm wondering if we'll sacrifice a top notch goalie for another year at the expense of other areas?

I mean I'd personally make Alisson or Oblak a priority but let's say Pulisic, Fakir and Jorginho are the main summer purchases, that's one big chunk of serious money.

As much as I'd feel uneasy going into a full season with Karius, with the massive difference big Virge has made to the rest of that back line in organising everyone into a real solid unit, with the addition of Nabby's non-stop, everywhere motor at the back end as well as going the other way, and another quality 6 to rotate with Henderson adding to that solidity the back end (and maybe Wijnaldum who's looking like a new man again in this deeper role), I could see the reasoning in adding more top quality, and then better depth by association the rest of the squad, now and reassesing the 'keeper situation next summer.
That's what I'm thinking aswell. Oblak and Allison would cost serious money and our defensive record this season with Mingo out shows how even having a competent keeper liker Karius can make a big difference to the back four. I'd settle with Cellabos to rotate with the captain next season in the number 6 role as Hendo cant play every game with his fitness issues. Think Jorginho will have his eyes set on joining Pep at City next season so Cellabos will have to make do. Fekir to replace Coutinho for creativity in midfield and provide cover for the front three. With the addition of Nabby, Fekir and Cellabos on top of what we have our midfield options should look a whole lot better. Wouldn't touch the back four as Lovren and VVD look like a top class partnership and Robbo and Moreno should be enough for leftback. No need to bring in a right back as TAA and Gomez can battle it out for the right back position with Clyne as cover if he wants to stay.

Lovren still worries me over a season mate but no denying he's looked WORLDS better both being alongside van Dijk and moved to his natural right-sided position. The effect the big Dutch fella' has had on that whole unit really can't be understated. I mean it's no secret I wanted him bad. And I knew he was top bracket. But not THIS good. Outside of Hansen, I can't remember a cooler CH in Red. Hyypia included. It's like having someone with the ability of a number 10 back there. The time he makes for himself the ball and those 50/60 yard diags man to feet he's blaming about every game like a quarterback back there ...... footie ****. For a fantasy want, as I doubt we're looking to strengthen there given Joe's potential, but I'd love to add the young lad from Ajax who's fast becoming his partner for the Dutch side. That would be potentially as good as any two in World football and set for the next decade if they stayed.

Lovren still worries me over a season mate but no denying he's looked WORLDS better both being alongside van Dijk and moved to his natural right-sided position. The effect the big Dutch fella' has had on that whole unit really can't be understated. I mean it's no secret I wanted him bad. And I knew he was top bracket. But not THIS good. Outside of Hansen, I can't remember a cooler CH in Red. Hyypia included. It's like having someone with the ability of a number 10 back there. The time he makes for himself the ball and those 50/60 yard diags man to feet he's blaming about every game like a quarterback back there ...... footie ****. For a fantasy want, as I doubt we're looking to strengthen there given Joe's potential, but I'd love to add the young lad from Ajax who's fast becoming his partner for the Dutch side. That would be potentially as good as any two in World football and set for the next decade if they stayed.
Don't understand the shouts to replace Lovren, on his days he is an excellent CB as good as any out there (Considering theres a dearth of quality CB's in world football). For me especially when considering CB's partnership is more important than individual quality and you can see that with him and VVD.

This is blowing e away more than anything today.Since the Tottenham debacle at Wembley back in October, we've had the best defensive record in the entire league.

That's the last three-quarters of the PL season. With the World Class addition of van Dijk, as massively influential as he's been, only playing in 14 of those games.

DdG2lpcWkAALo28.jpg

Aside from ruining all Zz's best lines (love yer man), that's mad when you consider the popular myth is that L'pool are still poor defensively under Klopp.

Hey Scouse, quick question. Which app / website did you use to sort the games after a particular date ?

Back