The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
This is a must read. Amazing....

Isn't it?

' ..... That night, as the spine of the football staff and their partners made his home their own, Klopp may as well have had the words inked on his appearance.

The party, defined as “symbolic” and “powerful” had an element of toasting to Coutinho’s contribution at Liverpool, but at the same time, there was a sense of middle fingers flying in the direction of the doom decorating his departure.

Whatever followed, those present felt they were in this together. They believed in each other, in the roster, that the addition of Virgil van Dijk would make Liverpool stronger, that there was more than enough snarl as a collective to continue on an upward trajectory.

That Klopp, above all, subscribed so religiously to this thinking translated into others sharing his conviction.

Liverpool would not just be fine, Liverpool would be ******* flying. ..... '

' .....There is a wealth of confidence within the club that this will not be a rarity, that spellbinding nights under Anfield’s lights will become a divine right again.

They believe Liverpool will not just be fine, Liverpool will be ******* flying......'

I LOVE that last line both times there. It just sums up the unwavering, 100% belief that man has instilled in everyone from Day 1 and what's taken us to the brink of being the champions of a whole Continent once again.

Kudos to Mel for a fabulous read.

She's completely outdone herself there with a stunning piece of work and fabulous insight. And it just makes you love Klopp the person, never mind manager, even more.

Honestly the best piece I've seen written on him since he's been here.

Last edited:
Hey Scouse, quick question. Which app / website did you use to sort the games after a particular date ?

I 'lifted' that off Andrew Beesley's twitter mate. Who's just ridiculous for stats and figures. Not many better:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BassTunedToRed

Let me have me tea mate (been a mad evening), and I'll find what site he used for that.

*EdiT* There yer go mate. Scroll down the table there and you can isolate dates/ different stats.

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/6829/England-Premier-League

Last edited:
Not that I care one way or the other on England, but that would be a fantastic experience in Trent's development and cap off, as if starting in the biggest game in football a week Sat'day doesn't constitute that, a wonderful first full season as a pro. Interesting to see if he makes it tomorrow.

Rather Lallana be left out to have a proper pre-season but he's one of the best England have so I can't really blame Southgate for taking him off the back of next to no football. High risk, high reward and all that.

https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/996527406121979905

Selfishly made up Lallana has been omitted by England.

He can have a normal break and full pre-season now after this horribly unlucky, injury-hit year. Although Adam being Adam he'll probably be working his backside off right through the summer to be in the best possible shape come pre-season.

Made up for Trent and ourselves. Caps off a brilliant season for him and the experience of a WC at this stage in his development really can't be understated.

Not sure how that Henderson lad keeps getting in captaining his Country, this time at the World Cup of all places; and, next up, his club to the biggest prize in the sport. Everything I read around social media and hear from ignorant knobheads the match is how he's one of the worst footballers ever like .....

Last edited:
Selfishly made up Lallana has been omitted by England.

He can have a normal break and full pre-season now after this horribly unlucky, injury-hit year. Although being Adam he'll probably be working his backside right through the summer to be in the best possible shape come pre-season.

Made up for Trent and ourselves. Caps off a brilliant season for him and the experience of a WC at this stage in his development really can't be understated.

Not sure how that Henderson keeps getting in captaining his Country at the World Cup and, next up, his club to the biggest prize in the sport. Everything I read around social media and hear from ignorant knobheads the match is how he's one of the worst footballers ever like .....

Gutted for Lallana but he cant complain as he just hasn't played at all this season. Also gutted for Joe as he probably wouldve taken TAA spot but this should be a good experience for TAA. Nah youre forgetting all Hendo does is pass backwards and sideways and Shelvey is a much better player than him. Feckin Emre Can turns faster than Shelvey.

Happy to see Trent selected. Been very good this season!

Overall he's been great. Had his up's and down's like any 18/ 19-year-old player who's still learning and developing, but he's learnt from his mistakes and improved the longer the years rolled on. For example, recently, gets burned twice at Utd by getting too tight to his man. Then takes that experience on three games later to totally shut down Sané in Europe in a ridiculously tactically disciplined display for someone not only so young and inexperienced. But someone who's not naturally a defender/ FB to start with. Knew he couldn't get tight to Sané, as City doubled up with Silva on him as the weak link, which would have left Silva the space between Trent and Lovren. So he sat in that space, negating the Spaniard's effectiveness, knowing he had the pace to get out to the German when Degsy or whoever had come across to cover behind him. Takes a lot of mental tactical discipline to hold that kind of a position for 90 minutes and he really shone that night in a MOTM performance.

Seems a genuinely nice guy too.A typically laid back, normal L'ppool lad that let's nottin' phase him. And kudos to him at his age for the constant charity and local community work he does off the field.

I wonder if he's dropped lucky the WC with Gomez going down for the year? Joe was looking a sure-fire starter as one of the back three for Southgate, so I wonder if he'd still been fit Walker would have been at RWB and Gomez and not TAA would have now been looking toward Russia the summer? One lad's heartbreak is another lads opportunity and all that?

Gutted for Lallana but he cant complain as he just hasn't played at all this season. Also gutted for Joe as he probably wouldve taken TAA spot but this should be a good experience for TAA. .....

Add another 'gutted for' mate who'd of been a certain starter this WC. Oxo-Chambo.

Mad how what looked an innocuous tattle' Roma has not only cost him a start in a European Cup Final and WC Finals tournament, but I wouldn't be surprised the way it's looking costs him all of next season sat out. Just as he'd totally established himself as a nailed on, big game starter in one of the most exciting, attacking outfits in Europe to attest to just how well he's played and improved since arriving here.

Can be a real cruel game at times football.

Add another 'gutted for' mate who'd of been a certain starter this WC. Oxo-Chambo.

Mad how what looked an innocuous tattle' Roma has not only cost him a start in a European Cup Final and WC Finals tournament, but I wouldn't be surprised the way it's looking costs him all of next season sat out. Just as he'd totally established himself as a nailed on, big game starter in one of the most exciting, attacking outfits in Europe to attest to just how well he's played and improved since arriving here.

Can be a real cruel game at times football.
Shame for Ox move has worked wonders for him. Would of defo been in the squad.

General Franco's Dirty Army. We're coming for YOU!

DdizBEZVAAA3AYD

7 more sleeps.

Last edited:
paul joyce@_pauljoyce

Liverpool have cancelled the pre-season friendly with Borussia Mönchengladbach (Anfield, August 7) over the German club’s interest in Rhian Brewster. Club officials have also written to Mönchengladbach warning them over their conduct in pursuing teenager.

Back