The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Yup it's the downside of social media. Gives the scum keyboard warriors free reign thanks to anonymity. They're not fans. I would say they're mindless knuckle dragging apes, but apes have more intelligence than those........things.

The lack of empathy from some people truly baffles me. How many time have we ****** up in life and been forgiven for it. Useless cretins.

"Who was the top scorer once again?
"The Champions League should change and be called the CR7 Champions League.
"I have won five and I am the goalscorer again, so I cannot be sad."

What a massive ****.

What a massive ****.
Will get the balon again after this.

What a massive ****.
He backs it up though but not a nice comment to read.

Still fuming over the judo flip by Ramos. Before anyone comes in with that Salah was initially hooked onto his arm. Anyone, even the most uncoordinated person will instinctively unhook their arm when of balance and falling to the turf. The way Ramos just clings on and turns inwards was appalling. Im sure he didn't mean to injure him to that extent but **** is it nasty play.

I just want to say i am proud of the team. What they did this season is incredible. It sucks to lose that but Mo missing the World Cup sucks more. i hope and pray he makes it to the world cup.
The team was immense and it just was not our night.

For Karius, he made a couple of mistakes, it can happen to anybody. We all mess up and I feel gutted for the lad. On a human level, I hope people show him compassion. He has to live with this for the rest of his life, it will not be easy but maybe with our support and help it will be one day.

**** happens, its okay. We move on. We will go again.

To all the fans out there, it has been an incredible journey this season and I hope we get a chance to live it together again in the future.

Thank you Jurgen. You have done wonders for our club and for the first time in a while, I feel like we are in good hands.

It was a poor final. Cut out the Karius errors and it's 1-1, and who knows. But I do think Madrid were the better side. Thought Liverpool look like rabbits in the headlights for quite a spell after Salah went off, a bit like "****, what now?", and Madrid firmly took control. To see how they continuously played out of Liverpool's press was such a joy too, just shows what level those players are at. Not even Man City had that comfort, in fact, they struggled against your press.

Like United in 2009 & 2011 (vs Peps Barca), you're just unlucky to run into one of the greatest club teams in the history of the game.

Last edited:
Madrid are good obviously, but apart from the Bale wonder goal, what did they really do that was so impressive?

Ramos was a dirty **** as usual, they were divers like usual, no wonder they are such a detestable side.

Liverpool outplayed them for 20-25 mins, then after salad injury it was more even because Liverpool were shaken and dropped deeper.

You can't knock Madrid's achievements obviously, but I wasn't particularly impressed with them last night. their achievements speak for itself, but they have been fortunate along the way, especially this campaign.

Personally think that Barca team under Pep was a far better footballing side.

-----------

It was refreshing to see a team like Liverpool take it to them up until Salah injury, they couldn't cope with that intensity for shizz, kept giving the ball away etc. Salah injury really changed this game.

Doesn't hurt that Madrid's bench would be starting for almost every other club on the planet.

Liverpool lost Salah and that was it.

Menwhile Zidane's thought process during most games is probably this: oh, am I not winning yet? Bale, Asensio, Kovacic, start warming up.

Madrid are good obviously, but apart from the Bale wonder goal, what did they really do that was so impressive?

Ramos was a dirty **** as usual, they were divers like usual, no wonder they are such a detestable side.

Liverpool outplayed them for 20-25 mins, then after salad injury it was more even because Liverpool were shaken and dropped deeper.

You can't knock Madrid's achievements obviously, but I wasn't particularly impressed with them last night. their achievements speak for itself, but they have been fortunate along the way, especially this campaign.

Personally think that Barca team under Pep was a far better footballing side.

-----------

It was refreshing to see a team like Liverpool take it to them up until Salah injury, they couldn't cope with that intensity for shizz, kept giving the ball away etc. Salah injury really changed this game.

I fully agree with this. I thought Real were poor to be honest. I think thats the most frustrating thing because there were there for the taking. They had to search all our defenses back pockets for Ronaldo to give him his medal.

There were 4 1 in a 1000 incidents that happened yesterday, all that went against us.

Its funny how this final was labelled as Salah vs Ronaldo, but neither of then did anything!

They were poor last night, as it was a poor match overall, but they were less poor than Liverpool. 2-1 would've been a fair reflection. Liverpool's backline actually played really well, particularly the full back's. Likes of Firmino very quiet & lost the midfield battle.

Zidane mightn't play some hipster style of football but he's pretty **** ******* effective; it's sheer player quality. They aren't intricately coached to play triangles around Liverpool's press like say Barca under Pep, or a Tuchel/Sarri side, it was just pure player quality, fantastically managed by Zidane. Good decision maker, man-manager and motivator. Helps when you have two of the best CM's of the century.

Back