The Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44K
  • Views Views 3M
Great player to replace Can. Another high energy press in the middle.. excellent Klopp buy

Woodward will end up making a desperate 100 million bid for Savic on transfer deadline.
Dont think we will. Whoever gets him will get a good player. But not till after the WC. And we don’t need him especially at that price. Him and Pogba would be a disaster imo. We have gone for Fred to compliment the other 2. Will be like Mourinho new Essien. Would rather spend big on FBs and a RW.

Woodward will end up making a desperate 100 million bid for Savic on transfer deadline.

He will be worth ten times that. Savic is truly amazing when you sit down to watch him. If I was United i'd go for him instead of this fred flintstones fella.

Keita and Fabinho, very good start to the window. If you make a few more additions in the right areas. I am expecting a strong title charge from Liverpool next season.

I've never rated Can, so don't think you are losing much with him.

Dont think Can will be the only midfielder moving on. Sticking my neck out here I think Lallana will be off too. Too injury prone and i doubt he will want to be backup.

Home. Goosed from a brilliant 5 days away with boss friends following the mighty Reds who've given us a magnificent season second to only one club in Europe we just couldn't quite overcome. My 5th European Cup Final following this stupendous football club. But truthfully, ALL that matters today is to remember my second and the second worst day of my life that fateful day 33 years ago in Brussels.

Liverpool ricorda. Dio riposa e amicizia Juve.

What casual racist comments?

The racist comments that happen on this forum every time there's a game in Eastern Europe, acting as if your teams and fans are travelling to visit some savage tribes that still hunt with bow and arrow.

Whereas the reality is that you're 20 times as likely to get stabbed in London than you are in Warsaw.

Yohoho.

Home. Goosed from a brilliant 5 days away with boss friends following the mighty Reds who've given us a magnificent season second to only one club in Europe we just couldn't quite overcome. My 5th European Cup Final following this stupendous football club. But truthfully, ALL that matters today is to remember my second and the second worst day of my life that fateful day 33 years ago in Brussels.

Liverpool ricorda. Dio riposa e amicizia Juve.
Glad to hear from you mate. Onwards and upwards.

He will be worth ten times that. Savic is truly amazing when you sit down to watch him. If I was United i'd go for him instead of this fred flintstones fella.

They are not similar players whatsoever.

We want both. But the club won’t pay 100m for Savic when he’s nearly like for like with Pogba. Hence why we got Fred done early to compliment our midfield better. Really will be unbalanced with basically 2 Pogba ahead of Matic.

Dont think we will. Whoever gets him will get a good player. But not till after the WC. And we don’t need him especially at that price. Him and Pogba would be a disaster imo. We have gone for Fred to compliment the other 2. Will be like Mourinho new Essien. Would rather spend big on FBs and a RW.

Any decent manager worth is salt would fit Pogba and Milinković-Savić into a three and have perfect balance with Matic sat deeper. But then he's too stubborn to start with regarding Pogba, negating all his best traits and stunting his growth as it is so yeah, the pair of them under Mourinho would probably be very costly flops.

But as L'pool aren't interested in either, this is for another thread.

The racist comments that happen on this forum every time there's a game in Eastern Europe, acting as if your teams and fans are travelling to visit some savage tribes that still hunt with bow and arrow.

Whereas the reality is that you're 20 times as likely to get stabbed in London than you are in Warsaw.

Yohoho.

Not when the footies on r big Polish mate. Legia is someone I'd rather never face in an ideal European World.

As to Kiev, that ones a double-edged sword.

Personally speaking, the first hotel outside the centre Friday and Saturday aside (which was the single worst place I've ever stayed anywhere. And we've been to some real poor Country's over the years), we had a brilliant experience. The people couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. The locals were totally against all the extortion going on putting their City in a bad light and weren't afraid to let anyone from UEFA know. Good food and beer/ wine. Cheap as chips bar the hotel owners looking to make as much as they could. Nice City. Still a ways to moving past the arl' Soviet regime and the Mafia still run a lot. (Funny some UEFA contractors the second, boss hotel Sunday telling us they were putting up some banners Thursday and this blacked out car pulled up telling them to remove them. To which they naturally told them where to go as the had the contract. To which the fella the car 'politely' responded by showing them his gun and telling them where to go ..... ). But it's improving itself all the time. The best organised European final, CL or Europa League, I've ever been to. That's how you properly do football in an Athletics stadium too. Unlike Athens and West Ham. And the 'Boss Night' event all day the park with Johnny Power and Webster among others singing was perfect. Just like a festival under the baking sun where you rocked up with yer own ale and had a brilliant party. They even put on the best pre-game the ground I can ever remember for a UEFA final. It was literally like a mad rave round us the young lads when Dua Lipa was on haha. Really great 3/4 days in Kiev personally.

And then there's the flipside of others stories .....

Like the numerous, nasty, random attacks on a good few Reds by pockets of Dinamo fans. Woman and kids included. Nightmare accommodation stories from such a big City that just couldn't cope yet charged the Earth for the privilege. Places running out of food and drink. (Not like you've had well over a year to plan for that weekend or anything like.). Airports not big enough to handle all the planes when you get one of the best-supported football clubs in the World who travel everywhere coming to town. And all points in between.

Bottom line, the biggest game in football, UEFA's showpiece, should NEVER be held in a place like that without the relevant infrastructure. Which leads to not just profiteering, but outright extortion as prices had already been agreed months in advance and then hiked up to scandalous levels. Real friendly, nice people in the main just proud of their City welcoming everyone that takes the time to visit. But not one that should be used for a massive sporting event. But hey, UEFA in their infinite wisdom, (and no doubt some VERY big brown paper bags thrown their way), have awarded the 2020 final to another place that should never have a final again. Istanbul. At the ground in the middle of nowhere again, The Attaturk. So what hope is there?

Yohoho.

What about when our fans got stabbed in Italy and people were discussing that and calling them out? Where you angry about people calling out some Italians then?

Scouse please tell us your options of Karius, I'm dying to know! Will he ever appear in a Liverpool shirt again?

Glad you are back Scouse, shame that probably you wont make the trip to Estonia. For us I dont like that we have such a small stadium, but infra, hotels, pubs would be top notch for everyone.

Hope to get tickets. Any one have experience going to super cup and how big of luck u need to buy tickets? Is it all by draw of the luck?

As for the game ......

Didn't quite end up how we all so craved huh? I could jump on Karius but **** happens and he's been a part through all 15 games this season of reaching the pinnacle game in football so I'm not going to jump on him. He's had enough from absolute, low life bellends all over social media who aren't worth wasting our time on. We win as a team. We lose as a team. Not going to pick out individuals. I genuinely think we have a cracking chance of winning that if that horrible, snidey shithouse Ramos doesn't do Salah. But as soon as he did, with little on the bench to compensate, we dropped deeper, had no out ball with Bobby isolated, and, more pertinently, it freed up Marcelo from any defensive responsibility. Madrid ultimately deserved the win. Just frustrating that they never achieved that by out-footballing us with sparkling play. To get beat handing it to them is just frustrating. But when they can bring £90 million pound footballer's off the bench who probably won't even be there next year and you're down to the bare bones of an already depleted squad (God what a difference Oxo-Chambo would have made there. Sighs); then that, and Madrid's vast experience on the biggest stage of all, is ultimately what gave them a deserved 13th title.

It's been amusing reading opposition fans saying it's been a worthless season as we won nothing again. Presumably, fans that never go to a game in their lives and spout nonsense from behind a screen. I've just come off 5 fabulous days away at another European Cup Final. Off the back of a stupendous ride that's taken me through Germany, Russia, Slovenia, Spain, Portugal, Manchester (hardly a glamorous trip haha but still), Italy, Poland, Kiev and Poland again. All with some boss mates following a boss football club that just keeps on doing this like no other in England. Not a bad way to see the World is it? The memories from that group of players through this brilliant European campaign will last a lifetime. They've gone out and scared the rest of Europe shitless with how they've performed this year and they're only going to get better with another season's development under Klopp under their belts. This is just the start under the German Meister. If all these 'fans' want to do is measure their enjoyment of football by the ultimate end result and think Liverpool have failed this season then I can but pity them. They'll never have the sense of pride and wellbeing in their clubs that Liverpudlians have in our own.

*Sidenote- Thought we had a superb crowd in Kiev. Not talking about taking over 2/3rds of the ground with wonderfully inventive banners and partying all weekend. I know I'd be envious looking from the outside in of the fan experience of Liverpudlians. I don't mind being big headed in saying NOBODY does Europe like us. It's just what we do. But I'm more talking the reaction to the defeat which in the past has been wholly different. A large percentage stayed behind to not only applaud Madrid on the win but to recognise and thank Liverpool for a marvellous journey this European season. Which they RICHLY deserved. Karius, as fuming as no doubt many were at him, got a great reception when he came around, tear-strewn. As did Henry and his misses. Which fly's against the anti-FSG rhetoric from many. That's how you handle the biggest defeat of all.

Superb effort Redmen. You've had a season most every other club in Europe bar one will be envious of. And it's no disgrace at all to lose to just fall short against them. Excessively proud of every last one of you. And things are only going to keep getting better and better as you're the one side on the trajectury to really give Pep a run for his money going forward.

Roll on next years group stage draw and another magical mystery tour through Europe next season.

Back