The Liverpool Thread

Love Salah that he battled on and put them to the sword instead of going to ground after the foul. Do not know many other players in today's game that would of done the same.
Pretty sure he would've dropped to the ground if he was in the box and taken the penalty instead of carrying on his run.

Pretty sure he would've dropped to the ground if he was in the box and taken the penalty instead of carrying on his run.

Nah. Mo’s the last for that. He’s always looking to shoot and score. What made Hodgson’s narking all the more ridiculous after Sakho got him the third atempt this season.

Can't allow Scouse to have such a nice day, so here's a statue of Lady Thatcher.

VmIBTVx.jpg

Top team in the Country left with a must win game to progress in the CL.

At home. Under the European lights.

This last game scenario couldn’t have been written ANY better! Not been this excited about a group game in I don’t know how long? There’s a lot to be said for having a meaningful last game with the arl place rocking like only she can as opposed to a ‘meh’ one you’ve already qualified in. A LOT to be said for it. I know which one I’d take if you offered me a choice of the two ..... The one I can’t WAIT for later in whats fixing to go down as another in the long list of great Anfield European nights we’ll be talking about for years to come.

It’s how we roll.

It’s who we are.

Up the European Royalty Reds!

In control all game, but sure as **** a tough one to watch. Should have won 8-1 at the end of the day. How Milik and Mane didnt score at the end there I will never know. I remember people laughing when we paid so much for Allison, but what a beast of a player he is!

Its weird because that pit in your stomach feeling has been drilled into us Liverpool fans with our defending over the years, and its hard to get rid of it, despite having such a superb defence now.

Oh god is this how it feels to have one of the best keepers in the world. Best keeper since Grob.

Carlo and his players look pretty silly with all of their dismissive bullshit comments now

It wasn’t even a good save or shot at the end! Pool dominated the game and should of been out of sight!
When you have had years of Mingolet in goal it is a good save. Mingo would've rolled out the red carpet for Milik by diving at his feet or worse probably just stayed on his line.

Edit: his positioning and anticipation is what makes this save. Not everything has to be a fingertip save over the bar.

Last edited:
Game couldve been different if VVD tackle had been a red. Probably was a red.

Two things.

If we don’t complain about those officials ..... outrageous.. Absolutely outrageous. Can’t remember a worsely officiated game than that. Had to beat the shithouse Italian theatrics and the referee.

And man do we have a ******* goalie! 12 clean sheets and counting. That was Schmeichel-esq. Either the other two clowns we’re in the Europa.

Toughest group the first round negotiated. **** off back to Italy yer horrible shitbags yer!

NOBODY will want these Reds Monday.

Europe. Its what we do!

Up the F Pool! Mighty Reds!

Carlo and his players look pretty silly with all of their dismissive bullshit comments now

To be fair to Ancelotti mate, he did somewhat backtrack on that yesterday by saying there was no ground in Europe like it when we’re on it.

Mertens is a gobshite though like.

In control all game, but sure as **** a tough one to watch. Should have won 8-1 at the end of the day. How Milik and Mane didnt score at the end there I will never know. I remember people laughing when we paid so much for Allison, but what a beast of a player he is!

Its weird because that pit in your stomach feeling has been drilled into us Liverpool fans with our defending over the years, and its hard to get rid of it, despite having such a superb defence now.

THIS. EXACTLY THIS.

I cannot watch a game without sweaty palms and weak knees. Even at 3-0 at Bournemouth I had a feeling of " okay 10 minutes to go, if we hold on for 3 minutes more, then they need to score 3 goals in 6 minutes"

7 years of terrible defending will do that do anybody.

On the game - should have been out of sight. Mane really needs to work on his finishing.

Out of a group containing Napoli and PSG and Serbian hardass*es. Top of the league.

Lets just get past United on Sunday and take it one game at a time. A consistent team is all I wanted and now with results come expectations, I really hope the players and the fans can manage them. This article summarizes it perfectly:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46532773

When you have had years of Mingolet in goal it is a good save. Mingo would've rolled out the red carpet for Milik by diving at his feet or worse probably just stayed on his line.

Edit: his positioning and anticipation is what makes this save. Not everything has to be a fingertip save over the bar.
It was straight at his stomach from about 3rds away. He didn’t do anything it. Just hit him lol. Get what your saying about Mig :) happy all English clubs went though!

Still stand by Scouse that PSG won’t be challenging for the CL this year! Never said there not a top side just that they tend to find wanting in the real big moments.

Last edited:
Milik always does this, so welcome to my life with our national team for the past 3 years.

He has an amazing ability to find unexpected goalscoring position, the ball just seems to accidently fall at his feet all the time, and then he boots it over the bar.