The Liverpool Thread

God bless Alisson after 5 years of Mingolet we have been blessed with De Gea regen.

Just been reading not only is he statistically the best goalie in Europes top 5 leagues, but we’ve now equalled an English top flight record for the fewest goals conceded through the first 15 games of a season.

If it’s possible to be snips at such prices, both he and big Virg are looking everything we thought they were when we bought them. Absolute bargains.

The evolutuon of this side mate into the top, top one we’re niw so proviliged to be watching .....

That new club record for the best ever start through 15 games is blowing me away. Better than anything a Shankly/ Paisley/ Kenny/ Rafa et all side ever managed at this stage. Mind blowing when you let that sink in on this gang of ridiculous Reds.

City must be sick of the ****** sight of us.

Not sure how you could say a world record fee could be a bargain...

Think the different style of play this year compared to last year also has to do with the amount you've conceded. Last year the tactic was more like: As long we score more than the opponent we'll win. Ofcourse now you've got the insurance that you can play less gung ho and trust your defence.

City must be sick of the ****** sight of us.

Or shouldn't you be sick of the sight of them? Last years finalist of the CL, breaking defensive records. Time to step out of the underdog role!

Want to put either on the open market right now Ixl and see what they’d fetch? Aside from the points Alisson in particular alone wins you over a season.

Exactly!

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/328824-joe-gomez-injury-latest-liverpool

Crud. Smarts given there’s been no better CH in the PL this season. Big Virg included. And now we’re down to three.

On the flip side, it could have been a LOT worse and now we get him back well rested for the second half title/ European Cup push. For every negative and all that .....

Plus you’re a lot less worried now given the strength both Alisson and van Dijk have added back there. Along with Fabinho really starting to come to the fore of late protecting in front.

That’s football. Next man up!

We’ll muddle through sound with Lovren, who was better than big Virg or anyone else back there the second half of last aeason alongside the Dutchman, and Matip, until JMG’s back tearing it up again.

Presume that will ipen the door for Clyne to come back in from the cold to rest Trent too.

Which will just make dilakh2 ‘ecstatic.’

Right mate? ;)

Presume that will ipen the door for Clyne to come back in from the cold to rest Trent too.

Which will just make dilakh2 ‘ecstatic.’

Right mate? ;)
Maybe but he will have to first make the bench as he cant even do that these days. :p

The worm eaters comments after the game ****** me off even more. Actively telling his players to be aggressive is one thing but the Tony Pulis school of telling your players to jump into tackles is just a one-way ticket to injuring the opposition. Especially when you have that thug Bardsleys who gains satisfaction from jumping into disgusting tackles.

Funny how the snide gobshite never commemted on the Burnley goal kicked out of Alissons hands that should never have stood as well.

Sooner him and his tin pot side are out the PL the better.

The worm eaters comments after the game ****** me off even more. Actively telling his players to be aggressive is one thing but the Tony Pulis school of telling your players to jump into tackles is just a one-way ticket to injuring the opposition. Especially when you have that thug Bardsleys who gains satisfaction from jumping into disgusting tackles.

Is that shithouse for real?

Just seen his conplete deflection from his own shower of yard dog thugs by claiming Sturridge is a cheat. ***** needs to learn the difference between hard challenges and **** you see in a Sunday pub league.

Degsy missing tomorrow again so we’ll have to grimace through Matip. Hopefully hes as solid as he was midweek. Although alongside our #4 even Torben Piechnik would look sound and secure haha.

If selected, Milner’s 500th pro-game today.

Aside from him being well arguably L’pool’s top freebie, I’m struggling to think of many better free signings anywhere ever. Really can’t be understated just how vitally important he’s been on and off the park through the Klopp revolution in particular.

I’ll happily hold my hands up and say I never wanted him. But then you never properly understand just what a great professional James is until you have him at your club. Boss leader the changies who leads by example with his ridiculous work ethic. Always talking and organising on the park. A guy you can slot in any position and not only have him not conplain, but have him do it as well as just about anyone. Consumate passer of the football with a great webb on him and engine. His super football intelligence and veraatility make him invaluable. A really underated, top professional.

Been a boss 4 years. Here’s to the next 4 of our ageless #7.

Loving the chance to play first for once and ask all the questions of City at tea-time.

Same again after the last two picture perfect aways. 3- 0/1.

Up the table topping Reds!

Last edited:
Good battle this in absolutely horrid conditions. Albeit with an off-side goal seperating the sides. Keep being impressed by Brooks the more I see of him. One to potentially bare in mind with the impending Brexit bollocks. Working exceptionally hard to deny us space along with his attacking ability.

Keep working Reds. Win the battles. Wear them down. Your superior talent will take care of the rest.

Great Hattrick for Salah. Funny that he is joint top scorer, yet it feels like he hasnt even hit 50% of what he was last season!

Well done Redmen. Superb early avvi’s work in ugly conditions

Third superb, picture perfect away display in a row. 2nd in a row I’ve missed. I should stay home more often. #takingonefortheteam Haha.

Mo Salah double digit league goals just into December. #poorseasondrophim #selfishbtard #oneseasonwonder #peopleareFmorons

Bobby’s new belter getting another great airing #SiSenor

Over to City .....

’Libpool, Top the League, Libpool Libpool Top the League!’

Last edited:
Mo gives his MOTM award to Milner for his 500th appearance.

Not a team player at all that lad. Selfish btard him like!

And then there was one ..... Unbeaten team left standing!

City blink first ..... Don’t believe I’ve ever cheered Chelsea goals louder than that haha.

’LIBPOOL, TOP THE LEAGUE. LIBPOOL, LIBPOOL TOP THE LEAGUE!’

Love Salah that he battled on and put them to the sword instead of going to ground after the foul. Do not know many other players in today's game that would of done the same.